Texans' fans getting ornery | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texans' fans getting ornery

just wondering when was the last time a team with the number 1 pick the previous year started the following year 4-1, beating 3 or 4 playoff caliber teams?

Texans' fans getting ornery

Mama said alligators are ornery because they have all dem teeth and no toothbrush.

:lol:

DolphinsFan23 said:
We better have some really good game plans in place on offense to deal with Mario Williams. I would not underestimate him for a minute. He has size, strength, and plenty of speed (4.66 40 at the combine). We can't afford to have injured QBs this year. That would be a bad thing to say the least. :(

http://www.nationalchamps.net/2005/sub/pics/small/northcarolinastate_mario_williams_sm.jpg

Yes, but one of the knocks on him was that his on field performance didn't match his workout numbers. He had some games where he was invisible.

:sidelol: This is so funny to me.There is no way the Texans beat us this year.

fish fan 4 life said:
:sidelol: This is so funny to me.There is no way the Texans beat us this year.

I recall thinking that once...at our home opener. We bilged Cleveland, it happens.

LMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOO. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE TEAM WHO HAS THE WORSE OFFENSIVE LINE IN THE LEAGUE, RIGHT?

They still haven't improved that offensive line.

Jason Taylor will get 3 sacks, Zach Thomas 2 sacks, David Carr will be placed on IR after this game. /well, i hope nothing happens to David Carr but that's just me bragging.

DolphinsFan23 said:
We better have some really good game plans in place on offense to deal with Mario Williams. I would not underestimate him for a minute. He has size, strength, and plenty of speed (4.66 40 at the combine). We can't afford to have injured QBs this year. That would be a bad thing to say the least. :(

http://www.nationalchamps.net/2005/sub/pics/small/northcarolinastate_mario_williams_sm.jpg

Puh leeze. This guy didn't get a sack in the something like 65% of the games he played in. And thats in college.

I would say the odds are better that they get the #1 pick again in next years draft than it is that they win any one of those first five games.

Mario Williams was the worst first draft pick since Tim Couch. I would bet anyone that (if they both stay healthy) Reggie Bush will have more TDs than Mario Williams will have sacks.

I understand being a fan and all, but seriously, this franchise has been nothing if not inept since its inception. If I was fan of the Texans, I would be too busy trying to call attention to my own sorry ownership to have time talking smack about beating any NFL team other than possibly Green Bay or Buffalo.

burger13 said:
It's not the point that they think they CAN win.......it's that they think that they WILL win. See the difference. They had the #1 overall pick, and they are using the word "cakewalk"

I don't know about any of you, but when we were going into '05 after a 4-12 season, I certainly didn't call any other team a cakewalk.
:wink:

good point. maybe year after year of way sub-.500 misery has messed with their heads. if our lone 4-12 kills confidence, imagine what 2-12 should do to theirs. they only know the word cakewalk cuz its used to describe THEM every week

burger13 said:
with not much else to talk about, I thought I'd post a link where the fans of the worst team in the league in 2005 talk about the Phins as one of their first 5 "victims". :lol:

http://www.texanstalk.com/cgi-bin/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1146868008/0

I guess if you can't think that your team is better than they are, there's no point in being a sports fan.

Here are some good quotes:
How can I not want to drag something as good as this somewhere else. Sorry to post a link back... seems to be in the spirit of the thread... I'm on that forum too although I hate it. Fine, I'll drop the dime on you then. If you talk about them and post a link to their forum then I suppose it might be cool to post a link to them and leave a post here, since a link to that forum was the pretext of the thread. Sounds fair.

REPLY #69 in the TexansTalk thread.:dday:

look, I didn't say anything nasty on their forum...
I'm just trying to have a little fun on your board.
I mean no harm.:dolphins:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?p=2586464#post2586464

the texans will be dogs again this year, but they wont be the worst team because there still is the bills.....until the texans prove something there is no reason to fear them, maybe if they got reggie bush they would have some what of a slight chance some tiny miracle of a chance, but nahh mario doesnt worry me at all and neither does the rest of the team especially not "DD".....whatever those bums can say what they want but when the season starts they cant deny the fact that they just suck

Theres stupid and then theres those texans fans who bring a whole different meaning to stupid.... i mean this team has been in pillow fights by week 8 every year of there existince, they have done nothing except maybe help send dave wannstedt to pitt... They passed on a once in a generation athlete who would put ***** in the seat, Casserly knew he f'd up and resigned. Kubiak shouldv'e stayed in denver because he'll be gone in three years, that whole team needs a makeover, and many people don't believe carr is even their franchise QB( including many of their own fans ). i'm 99 % sure we'll beat them, but there is always that 1 %. :shakeno:

burger13 said:
with not much else to talk about, I thought I'd post a link where the fans of the worst team in the league in 2005 talk about the Phins as one of their first 5 "victims". :lol:

http://www.texanstalk.com/cgi-bin/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1146868008/0

I guess if you can't think that your team is better than they are, there's no point in being a sports fan.

Here are some good quotes:

Stupid Texans fans like these sound like Jay Williams and his moronic pre-game "scrimmage" comments before our 2003 game with the Texans. If they think the Miami Dolphins coming into town is going to be a cakewalk, then they will be in for a rude surprise.

And for the comment that one moron made about the 2003 Dolphins being better than the 2006 Dolphins, I present this information:

Head Coach
2003 Dolphins: Dave Wannstedt
2006 Dolphins: Nick Saban

Advantage: ROTFLMAO...just a second...give me a second to collect my self...oh God...breathe....breathe.......................there. Advantage: Nick Saban.

Quarterback
2003 Dolphins: Jay Fiedler
2006 Dolphins: Daunte Culpepper

Advantage: 2006 Dolphins

Running Game
2003 Dolphins: Half Hearted/Half Baked/Broken Down Ricky Williams & Todd Perry, Wade Smith, Tim Ruddy & Co.
2006 Dolphins: Ronnie Brown & L.J. Shleton, Jeno James, Rex Hadnot, Bennie Anderson, Vernon Carey (and Hudson Houck)

Wide Receivers
2003 Dolphins: Chris Chambers, James McKnight, Derrius Thompson, J.R. Tolver
2006 Dolphins: Chris Chambers, Marty Booker, Derek Hagan, Kelly Campbell, Wes Welker, Devin Aromashodu & Marcus Vick

Defensive Line
2003 Dolphins: Adewale Ogunleye, Tim Bowens, Larry Chester & Jason Taylor
2006 Dolphins: Kevin Carter, Keith Traylor, Vonnie Holliday & Jason Taylor (in varying fronts)

Advantage: Even (I know some will disagree with this, but 2005's 49 sacks and opponents' 3.6 YPC average compares very well with 2003's 44 sacks and 3.29 YPC average, and the addition of Dom Capers as well as it being year two of the Saban regime will improve this unit even more)

Linebackers
2003 Dolphins: Morlon Greenwood, Zach Thomas, Junior Seau
2006 Dolphins: Donnie Spragan (or Keith Newman, David Bowens or Sedrick Hodge -- maybe Ahmad Brooks if we draft him in a couple weeks), Channing Crowder, Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor

Advantage: Even (I think 2006's linebacking corps will be superior to 2003's because of, again, it being year two in Saban's 3-4 scheme, which will utilize the talents of Jason Taylor, David Bowens, Zach Thomas and Keith Newman).

Secondary
2003 Dolphins: Sam Madison, Patrick Surtain, Terrell Buckley, Brock Marion and Sammy Knight.
2006 Dolphins: Will Allen, Will Poole, Travis Daniels, Andre Goodman, Shirdonya Mitchell, Yeremiah Bell, Jason Allen, Renaldo Hill and Deke Cooper.

Advantage: To be determined. On paper, the 2003 Dolphins secondary looks like Goliath and the 2006 version looks like David. However, the safeties were old and slow in 2003. That is not the case in 2006. We have youth and talent. Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain were better (in 2003) than Will Allen and Will Poole & Co. will probably be in 2006. However, again, I see vast improvement in year two of Saban's defense over last year's spotty performances. We now have the players in the secondary who can play zone, cover and tackle. We didn't have that last year.

So if any Texans fan truly thinks that the fat and old 2003 Dolphins were a better team than the hungry and talented 2006 Dolphins team has the football intelligence of an unbaked potato.

I don't mind other teams talking trash about the Phins. That's what makes the NFL world go 'round. As far as I'm concerned, everyone is undefeated right now.

But, on a serious note, I can't help but think every Texan fan will be watching Reggie Bush's stat lines this year.

They're a fledgling NFL team that has barely escaped their "expansion" team label. But more importantly, the Capers' era ended and they still don't have an identity.

Casserly publicly stated the Mario Williams pick was made in efforts to "build a championship team". It was a step in the long term building of the Houston Texans.

No offense, but, I think a young team already "starting over" should aim a little lower and build on it's own success. Give the fans some return on their loyalty investment. How about a "winning season", then "playoffs?!" (Jim Mora anyone?), then "win the division", then "AFC Championship", THEN "Super Bowl".

I mean, we are not talking about retooling a long standing franchise like New England, Pittsburgh, Miami or Dallas. We are talking about STARTING a tradition. Forget the "Championship Team" talk.

Where am I going with all this?

Reggie Bush. A player like Reggie comes along once in 10 years. And you PASS on him?! The Texans need to worry more about establishing a "face", an "identity". Put arses in the seats before you promise "championships".

Furthermore, this logic of picking Williams over Bush only solidifies my doubt in the direction the Texans are traveling. And, as such, tend to disregard their "trash talk".

Sorry to ramble, but, it just all kinda hit me....

NathanHunt said:
I don't mind other teams talking trash about the Phins. That's what makes the NFL world go 'round. As far as I'm concerned, everyone is undefeated right now.

But, on a serious note, I can't help but think every Texan fan will be watching Reggie Bush's stat lines this year.

They're a fledgling NFL team that has barely escaped their "expansion" team label. But more importantly, the Capers' era ended and they still don't have an identity.

Casserly publicly stated the Mario Williams pick was made in efforts to "build a championship team". It was a step in the long term building of the Houston Texans.

No offense, but, I think a young team already "starting over" should aim a little lower and build on it's own success. Give the fans some return on their loyalty investment. How about a "winning season", then "playoffs?!" (Jim Mora anyone?), then "win the division", then "AFC Championship", THEN "Super Bowl".

I mean, we are not talking about retooling a long standing franchise like New England, Pittsburgh, Miami or Dallas. We are talking about STARTING a tradition. Forget the "Championship Team" talk.

Where am I going with all this?

Reggie Bush. A player like Reggie comes along once in 10 years. And you PASS on him?! The Texans need to worry more about establishing a "face", an "identity". Put arses in the seats before you promise "championships".

Furthermore, this logic of picking Williams over Bush only solidifies my doubt in the direction the Texans are traveling. And, as such, tend to disregard their "trash talk".

Sorry to ramble, but, it just all kinda hit me....

Very true. The days before the draft when I heard the Texans were going to pick Williams, I thought it was just pre-draft bluffing with the team and Reggie Bush's agent. I was stunned when it was official. Bush will be a gamebreaker. I think unless DeMario Williams becomes a Reggie White or Jason Taylor caliber player, this pick will go down as one of the worst moves ever. You don't pass on an offensive skill position player of Reggie Bush's caliber for a good defensive end.

Back
Top Bottom