That's How you Go Into Pittsburgh and WIN a Playoff game!!! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

That's How you Go Into Pittsburgh and WIN a Playoff game!!!

Well yeah, but that's because it was a home playoff game. The ticket allotment was the same as it would be for any Vikings home game. The Super Bowl, however, is not technically a Vikings home game. It's a neutral site game with the tickets disbursed by the NFL on an allotment basis. AFC and NFC representative teams will get an allotment of tickets to distribute to their season ticket holders, and then past that it's a corporate bonanza mostly. Someone else posted the actual numerical breakdown in another thread, but I think that most VIkings fans will have to get in there by paying grossly inflated prices on ticket resales or getting their tix in the parking lot.

Where's Mike Tice when we need him?

But yeah, they probably won't even let the Vikings blow their horn or anything like that. The field will be painted with Super Bowl colors and one end zone for each team, and not with Vikings home decor. Stuff like that.
I actually did post the numbers just don't know what thread.

Each team gets 17.5%
34% is split among the other 29 teams
5% to the host stadium team
and 25% goes to the NFL.

so the Vikes get an additional 5% over what is normal when two teams play in a different city.

5% is roughly 3500 tickets in Minnesota.

I would think that Vike fans scoop up the majority of tickets on the secondary market because
a) no travel cost
b) they are hungry for a title
c) outside a possible 6th Super Bowl for Brady (if the Pats make it) for Pats fan it probably is just another game. :laugh

remember if the vikes can get by philly that super bowl is at home it's gonna be wall to wall Vikings fans

While I believe their may be some home field advantage if the Vikings were to make it I don’t think it would be as big as they are making it out to be.

First, most of the Super Bowl Tickets are already taken. Viking fans would have already taken a chance and purchased the earlier.

Second, seats left are going for close to 7K. Not something the everyday fan can afford.

I wonder how Andrew luck feels about having to face that jags defense twice a year every year for the next 5 years

Good luck chief

I agree we can't build a team like that, but i expect changes are coming this year and next year. Gase seems to have his fingerprints on building this team his way, I even suspect that he might have final say on who is drafted. (can't prove it) The Dolphins are cleaning house, getting rid of assistant coaches that have been here way to long and that has to be all Gase, the team is his and with another strong draft this year, we could actually make some noise. If you look at how Gase and the Phins have drafted last year, it is clear that he is slowly building the team up, laying that foundation with an eye for the future. I really believe that the Dolphins are rebuilding right under our noses and no one seems to see it. I know mistakes have been made like Kiko, (you know how I feel about him) but Branch who I have been critical of has been hurt all year according to reports, but I expect when healthy we should see an improvement in his play. You have to give this HC and the FO time to get it right.

TBaum wanted Doug Marrone but our wonderful owner wanted Gase.

You would cut Tannehill regardless of what Bortles does.
I would never do that....thill17 way better but bortles have better team around him.u have too give bortles credit. He ball Sunday when it counts....

I would never do that....thill17 way better but bortles have better team around him.u have too give bortles credit. He ball Sunday when it counts....

I appreciate your posts too much to ruin them by not conjugating verbs. I never know who did what or when.

Let’s not get carried away with Philly vs Atlanta. For one, although most wont admit it, prior to last year this site wouldn’t have considered Matt Ryan an Elite QB. 2nd Nick Foles beat Atlanta at home. Big deal Jay Cutler beat him in his house. The point is how good was Atlanta anyway?

Matt Ryan has a history of doing exactly what he did on Sunday...getting close to the goal line with opportunity to pull out a game, but failing to punch it into the end zone. I remember them well because many times my wager was dependent on the Falcons not scoring, and they did not. The NFC Championship Game against the 49ers was one example, along with numerous regular season games.

As soon as Atlanta got first down near the 10 I instantly remembered those past failures. I thought first down was vital this time. If they didn't score there I thought it might look like all the prior examples, where Ryan wanders around and misfires.

I have no idea why so many teams resort to that fade pass on first down. It isn't as stupid as a third down screen, but ball park. Troy Aikman has properly condemned that call as not nearly as wise as the teams seem to believe.

Throw the ball aggressively over the middle. Sometimes the intended target doesn't catch it but another offensive player does, like the Alabama/Georgia game.

Matt Ryan went from 9.3 YPA last season to 7.7 this year. Almost everyone I know predicted that type of decline. I'm not even sure the word almost applies because I can't think of anyone who didn't agree. Kudos to Ryan for the freakish season in 2016. But you had to finish it off. It wasn't going to repeat.

While watching Jacksonville on Sunday I couldn't help but noticing that Blake Bortles with the lead and the clock running in the second half always called for the snap with 5 seconds or fewer remaining on the play clock. If Matt Ryan had done similar last February, he almost certainly would have held the Vince Lombardi Trophy at game's end.

How can you all give the Jags a chance? At New England, with the refs 10,000% behind Brady & Co. it's a no brainer.

If Fournette plays that defense can stop Gronk with Telvin Smith. I do think Jax has a chance because of those two. Their corners can go 1o1 on their receivers. Bring the house on Brady.

Matt Ryan has a history of doing exactly what he did on Sunday...getting close to the goal line with opportunity to pull out a game, but failing to punch it into the end zone. I remember them well because many times my wager was dependent on the Falcons not scoring, and they did not. The NFC Championship Game against the 49ers was one example, along with numerous regular season games.

As soon as Atlanta got first down near the 10 I instantly remembered those past failures. I thought first down was vital this time. If they didn't score there I thought it might look like all the prior examples, where Ryan wanders around and misfires.

I have no idea why so many teams resort to that fade pass on first down. It isn't as stupid as a third down screen, but ball park. Troy Aikman has properly condemned that call as not nearly as wise as the teams seem to believe.

Throw the ball aggressively over the middle. Sometimes the intended target doesn't catch it but another offensive player does, like the Alabama/Georgia game.

Matt Ryan went from 9.3 YPA last season to 7.7 this year. Almost everyone I know predicted that type of decline. I'm not even sure the word almost applies because I can't think of anyone who didn't agree. Kudos to Ryan for the freakish season in 2016. But you had to finish it off. It wasn't going to repeat.

While watching Jacksonville on Sunday I couldn't help but noticing that Blake Bortles with the lead and the clock running in the second half always called for the snap with 5 seconds or fewer remaining on the play clock. If Matt Ryan had done similar last February, he almost certainly would have held the Vince Lombardi Trophy at game's end.

I also hated the 4th down call. Why do you cut the field in half by having an un-athletic QB roll to his right on a play that takes 2 weeks to develop? It gives the defense too much time to react. I've always hated anything cute when you get inside the 10. Yes, something quick to the middle would have been my choices.

If Fournette plays that defense can stop Gronk with Telvin Smith. I do think Jax has a chance because of those two. Their corners can go 1o1 on their receivers. Bring the house on Brady.

Lol, I really don’t think that Brady survives this one. His time is coming. 40 years old and going up against a defense that fast and hungry. I want to see Brady and Gronk carted off the field.

You guys are crazy. The Patriots will handle the Jags just like they handle every team that supposedly has a great defense 95% of the time. This great Jags defense has given up 37 to the Titans (LOL), 42 to the Steelers and 44 to Jimmy G. and the Niners. They also gave up 27 to the Cardinals and lost games to the Cardinals and Jets. People are buying this team going into Gillette and beating NE? LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL. C'mon. The Patriots will figure this out by the 2nd quarter, stuff Fournette with their JAG loaded front 7 and make Bortles beat them. I expect to be catching up on Chicago Fire and PD by the 4th quarter just like I was this past week.

This isn't Mike Tomlin!

Big Ben now beaten by Tim Tebow an Blake Bortles in playoffs. LOL

New England's defense and offense is rated higher than Pittsburgh. Not sure who said each was better in this thread previously. Wishful thinking. This is going to be the Patriots easiest run to the Super Bowl.

Big Ben now beaten by Tim Tebow an Blake Bortles in playoffs. LOL

New England's defense and offense is rated higher than Pittsburgh. Not sure who said each was better in this thread previously. Wishful thinking. This is going to be the Patriots easiest run to the Super Bowl.

From a matchup standpoint Jags defense is better than NEs offense.

jags offense won’t be able to do much unless Fournette goes wild.

Back
Top Bottom