That's How you Go Into Pittsburgh and WIN a Playoff game!!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

That's How you Go Into Pittsburgh and WIN a Playoff game!!!

I hear you but if I'm a Pats fan I'm getting ready for the parade. Only thing standing between SB 6 is Bortles, Foles, Keenum vs Brady? LOL.

I hope one of these teams proves me wrong.

It's up to Jax defense to punch Brady and Gronk in the mouth.

Kudos the Doug Marrone for knowing the easiest way to win in this league to run the ball. Add in a defense that plays with no fear and jackpots! playoffs.

Nanthaniel Hackett(son of Paul? anybody?) offense is 1970's simple, hammer with the big back and throw enough to keep the defense honest.

I did not see Blake Bortles having this amount of success but when you hide your QB anything can happen.

jax d may be this half decades last half decades seattle seahawks

they got a ways to go to get to that level but we are talking one of those as rare as it gets things

It's up to Jax defense to punch Brady and Gronk in the mouth.

That is exactly what they need to do - hit them early and often. We saw Miami do this in the Monday night game and it worked to a tee. I realize Gronk was out but once we got Brady off his game we had it won. He started looking at the refs for help and when he realized he wasn't getting it, it was all over.

I would love to see a Jags vs Vikes Super Bowl. Just because it would piss off the league.

remember if the vikes can get by philly that super bowl is at home it's gonna be wall to wall Vikings fans

remember if the vikes can get by philly that super bowl is at home it's gonna be wall to wall Vikings fans

It's not going to be wall to wall Vikings fans. There might be more than usual because they'll snap up most of the scalped tickets, but tickets aren't simply sold to the public or allotted to the hosting city.

They're mostly given out to corporate stooges. Half of the people at the game aren't even football fans. It's an absolute shame, and in my opinion it's the number one shining example of why the NFL is struggling right now. More interested in revenue than good games.

it looked like wall to wall Viking fans yesterday

I think that fan base is starving I'd be surprised if they don't pack it out full of purple and LOUD at that

it looked like wall to wall Viking fans yesterday

I think that fan base is starving I'd be surprised if they don't pack it out full of purple and LOUD at that

Well yeah, but that's because it was a home playoff game. The ticket allotment was the same as it would be for any Vikings home game. The Super Bowl, however, is not technically a Vikings home game. It's a neutral site game with the tickets disbursed by the NFL on an allotment basis. AFC and NFC representative teams will get an allotment of tickets to distribute to their season ticket holders, and then past that it's a corporate bonanza mostly. Someone else posted the actual numerical breakdown in another thread, but I think that most VIkings fans will have to get in there by paying grossly inflated prices on ticket resales or getting their tix in the parking lot.

Where's Mike Tice when we need him?

But yeah, they probably won't even let the Vikings blow their horn or anything like that. The field will be painted with Super Bowl colors and one end zone for each team, and not with Vikings home decor. Stuff like that.

After watching the Jacksonville Jaguars play the 1st few weeks, you could tell they were going to be a tough team to beat. They had all the elements of a Shula influenced team with Marrone as the Head Coach and the astute mind of Tom Coughlin running the show. That combination resulted in a bad ass defense with a tough, physical offensive line and physical running game. I fell in love with the Jacksonville Jaguars ability to make the playoffs. As for Minnesota, I’m very happy for them, especially for Rick Spielman, who got a raw deal in Miami. He’s done such a great job in Minnesota. He had some questionable decisions in Miami, but he learned from them and built a solid playoff contender in the Vikings. Good luck to both teams!!!

After watching the Jacksonville Jaguars play the 1st few weeks, you could tell they were going to be a tough team to beat. They had all the elements of a Shula influenced team with Marrone as the Head Coach and the astute mind of Tom Coughlin running the show. That combination resulted in a bad *** defense with a tough, physical offensive line and physical running game. I fell in love with the Jacksonville Jaguars ability to make the playoffs.

I agree. I've been following their progress all season, partially because there were favorable betting lines several times.

That I formation physical approach on offense is perfect for a quarterback of Bortles' caliber. Gorgeous permutations, like the play action fake then touch pass over the middle for a key touchdown yesterday. If they forced Bortles to sit back in a shotgun offense without much of a running threat, then all of his weaknesses are magnified and his strengths are diminished.

Still, it's hard to believe it plays out that way over three playoff games. Weaker quarterbacks need the perfect path and dominant surroundings. And even then it only unfolds well for them every few years. Very difficult to keep everything together, and to mask that quarterback.

We've seen this dynamic recently, when many of the top quarterbacks are knocked out and fans tout a shifting league and return of dominant defense. Then reality returns, like last year when the conference championship games are Tom Brady vs. Ben Roethlisberger and Aaron Rodgers vs. Matt Ryan, who had a freakish career season.

The awesome quarterback is the best route. So much margin for error. As always, I don't care about isolated examples...the outliers. I love defense but this is not college football where an Alabama defense can be rolled out season after season to overwhelm the nation with sheer athleticism, raw power and pass defense tenacity.

Besides, Philadelphia did not get here via Nick Foles. Carson Wentz accounted for that top seed in the NFC. Carson Wentz and his 33-7 touchdown/interception ratio in less than 13 complete games. If you are going to assign the Eagles' lot to Nick Foles then you have to attribute Matt Moore as the Dolphins' 2016 playoff quarterback. I don't think that would be popular around here.

how the heck can he mention defenses and not even mention seattles last 5 years prior run on defense? I mean come on...that unit has been all time level great

they gave up like 6.5 ppgs for 5 years running the last half of the regular seasons

Yesterdays winners....

Jax: elite defense, mediocre QB
Vikings: elite defense, mediocre QB
NE: very good defense, elite QB
Phi: very good defense, mediocre QB

We need to build our defense.....starting in the trenches.

Yesterdays winners....

Jax: elite defense, mediocre QB
Vikings: elite defense, mediocre QB
NE: very good defense, elite QB
Phi: very good defense, mediocre QB

We need to build our defense.....starting in the trenches.

id say keenum is the only one that's even mediocre but the formula for winning when you have that level defense isn't hard...

run the ball work off pa in the passing game calling the game situationally by how the scoreboard allows you to or dictates even and rely on the defense...wash rinse repeat

Jacksonville was blessed with Coughlin and we are cursed with Tannenclown. Coughlin is all about team success and means business while Tannenclown is about splashy dumb, salary cap crippling moves. There HAS to be a change and it starts at the top.

Jacksonville was blessed with Coughlin and we are cursed with Tannenclown. Coughlin is all about team success and means business while Tannenclown is about splashy dumb, salary cap crippling moves. There HAS to be a change and it starts at the top.
Coughlin is one of the most under rated people in the NFL. He understands Football, he understands how to win. I was jealous of Jacksonville, when they hired him as Head of Football Operations. Build through the draft, get a little lucky from time to time with draft picks and sign F/A who fit what you want to do as a football team; at reasonable prices. Build a stout defense, with a tough physical offensive line and running game. Oh and by the way, Leonard Fournette is one hell of a player, my favorite non Dolphin player.

Back
Top Bottom