The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread

Ray Finkle said:
Apparently Mota failed his physical with the Indians so the deal has to be reworked for Crisp. Mota failing raises a big question as to how he passed the Boston physical.....

To further elaborate on this, in case anyone hasn't seen the article, here's what we know as of right now...

Boston Globe said:
Has Crisp deal hit a snag?
The trade that would bring Coco Crisp to Boston may have hit a snag. According to a report on WIP radio in Philadelphia, the deal is being held up because Red Sox reliever Guillermo Mota allegedly failed his physical. Mota has had elbow and shoulder problems in the past. Why is Philadelphia concerned about Mota? The Indians were counting on Mota in their bullpen to take the place of Arthur Rhodes, who the Tribe had planned on sending to the Phillies for outfielder Jason Michaels, who would replace Crisp in the Cleveland outfield. Got all that? Whether this development will kill the six-player trade with the Red Sox remains to be seen, as the Sox could theoretically replace Mota in the deal. Stay tuned.

I doubt this completely kills the impending deal, mostly because these teams have spent too much time working on this for it to completely fall apart. Both sides seem pretty determined to get this thing done.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/thebuzz/

Per rotoworld.com:

According to Hal McCoy of the Dayton Daily News, the Reds backed out of a deal that would have netted them Matt Clement from Boston and sent Austin Kearns to Cleveland.

The trade might again be revisited now that the Reds fired their GM. I'd do a backflip if we could get Crisp for just Clement however it seems very unlikely.

Also Mota's agent is denying the reports that Mota's shoulder is messed up. So who knows.

Theo's back and no deal on Coco yet.....the other guy failed his physical.

Apparently a 6 player, 3 way deal with the Reds and Indians is being talked about. Clement would go to the Reds, Austin Kearns to the Indians and Coco to the Sox. No deals on the other 3 players though.

If the Sox could ever pull off the deal without dealing Marte.... go Theo :lol:

Ray Finkle said:
Apparently a 6 player, 3 way deal with the Reds and Indians is being talked about. Clement would go to the Reds, Austin Kearns to the Indians and Coco to the Sox. No deals on the other 3 players though.

If the Sox could ever pull off the deal without dealing Marte.... go Theo :lol:

That would be money, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. We would land Crisp, without giving up Marte, AND get rid of that piece of garbage Matt Clement. He's friggen useless..

Seems too good to be true...

FaninPatsyLand said:
That would be money, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. We would land Crisp, without giving up Marte, AND get rid of that piece of garbage Matt Clement. He's friggen useless..

If this happens, I will still wonder what GM's see in Clement. Do GM's still seeing this guy have a breakout year.. Makes me wonder..

GreenMonster said:
If this happens, I will still wonder what GM's see in Clement. Do GM's still seeing this guy have a breakout year.. Makes me wonder..

You and me both my friend, you and me both.

But if we can dump that walking disaster, to quote Mr. Sheffield, on some other team then I am all for it.

Per rotoworld.com about Mr. Schilling's health:

The noticeably slimmer Curt Schilling said his ankle is back to normal in an interview on WEEI radio yesterday.
"About 14-17 days ago, I woke up and my foot was normal," he said. "Going through workouts and doing the stuff I'm doing here [at his Arizona home] . . . I don't know what the combination was, but it feels right again. It feels normal. It [feels] normal for the first time in a long, long time." Schilling didn't say how much weight he lost, but because he's been able to do more running, he's definitely in better shape than he was last year.

I actually saw a picture of Schilling from a hockey game in Arizona a week ago and he did look like he lost a lot of weight. I think that was the main reason as to why he didn't pitch well last year. Hopefully we'll be seeing #38 pitch a lot this season.

FaninPatsyLand said:

Seems too good to be true...

I agree. I don't see that happening without giving up Marte. But hey never say never, maybe the Reds want Abe Alvarez or Lenny Dinaro too :lol:

FaninPatsyLand said:
But if we can dump that walking disaster, to quote Mr. Sheffield, on some other team then I am all for it.

2nd city mentality alert!!!!!!! :shakeno:

Our doctors will let anyone pitch here, arm problems our not. This is twice now, that we have approved a guy from an earlier trade only to have him rejected by another team without him even pitching for us. This needs to be looked at..

GreenMonster said:
Our doctors will let anyone pitch here, arm problems our not. This is twice now, that we have approved a guy from an earlier trade only to have him rejected by another team without him even pitching for us. This needs to be looked at..

The funny thing is they have new doctors from last year. I think its more of a Red Sox F.O. thing than the doctors.

Ray Finkle said:
:lol:

Oh Perry, you already pulled me on the Marlin bandwagon. I think you should join up with the Red Sox Nation, come on we got an extra seat for you right in the middle of me, Green Monster, Hostile, Press Coverage and FaninPatsyLand (I apologize if I forgot any Sox fan on the board).

I don't dislike the Red Sox...in fact, I root for them to defeat the Empire.

That said, we've got plenty of talent on this team down here, and as more and more time passes, it's becoming more and more likely they're going to stay here. And no one is going to want to play this team (Florida) next year, much less this year.

But anyway, Monstah, I will have a very good time remembering our two World Series titles...it is more than any other team but the Yankees have won since the first round of 1990s expansion. :D

I'm a Marlins fan and always will be. They have been a huge part of my life as I've grown up, and, to be honest, I'd rather win the way we have (at least in 2003) and have some losing seasons than buy and buy and spend and spend and win 85 games. We bought Delgado and Lo Duca and all the other additions from 2004 and 2005 and ended up with 83 wins both years. We developed talent and made smart, intelligent trades from 2000 on to win in 2003. And nothing, I mean NOTHING, felt better than that.

Ray Finkle said:
The funny thing is they have new doctors from last year. I think its more of a Red Sox F.O. thing than the doctors.

Speaking of seats, how are the new Monster seats and the new plaza in RF. I haven't seen either of these 2 additions, can't wait to get up there. The Skybar at Turner Field is one of the best spots to casually check out a game.

Back
Top Bottom