The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 64 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread

FaninPatsyLand said:
BAD bad series loss.

Pathetic.

Just an awful series. It was tough to watch with all the chances we had. We should have put a few nails in the Yankee coffin but couldn't, especially with all their injuries. The Yankees will probably be in 1st place on Monday morning and the Sox have only themselves to blame.

With that said there has to be some changes to the team: Mohr has to go and will when Coco comes back. Clement has to go too, I don't care if you release him or what but the guy just sucks. Bring up Lester or even Matt Ginter or Abe Alveras back to pitch.

Ray Finkle said:
Just an awful series. It was tough to watch with all the chances we had. We should have put a few nails in the Yankee coffin but couldn't, especially with all their injuries. The Yankees will probably be in 1st place on Monday morning and the Sox have only themselves to blame.

With that said there has to be some changes to the team: Mohr has to go and will when Coco comes back. Clement has to go too, I don't care if you release him or what but the guy just sucks. Bring up Lester or even Matt Ginter or Abe Alveras back to pitch.

is this Hansen kid just not ready yet? I think he is a better option then Clement right now. My grandma could pitch better than him, and she has no arms...or legs.

Rocky Raccoon said:
is this Hansen kid just not ready yet? I think he is a better option then Clement right now. My grandma could pitch better than him, and she has no arms...or legs.

Maybe we should sign your grandma :wink:

They're trying to convert Hansen into a starter right now and trying to build his arm to handle it. His numbers in Triple A are decent, nothing special, mainly due to the Sox making him turn a change up and curveball more than his bread and butter pitches (fastball and slider) they want him to develop a 3rd and even 4th pitch.

I think Hansen will be up by July along with Lester but both will be in the pen. Lester has a real shot at being in the rotation. I wish they would call him up and just release Clement (that's if of course the Sox can't sign Clemens or your grandmother)

speaking of bringing players up...what about guys like Brandon Moss and David Murphy? What are their stories?

Rocky Raccoon said:
speaking of bringing players up...what about guys like Brandon Moss and David Murphy? What are their stories?

They're in Double A and started slow but recently started hitting well. I'd say Murphy will get to Boston quicker (as early as September call-ups during on injuries etc). Both will be in Triple A by years end and will probably bounce up and down between Boston and Triple A in 2007.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Who said that? If you have proof that either took them then show us all please. If it's lining up two pictures next to each other and comparing then save it. That's simply ridiculous...

Credibility is lost when accusations are made without any proof to back it up.

You are absically saying as long as you don't get caught it's ok. We KNOW players on EVERY team have used them so it's safe to say some of the Sox have used them but you said this:

Because the beautiful thing about this country is that you are innocent until proven guilty. We have two known roid users on the Yankees, and none on the Red Sox.

and by the way, neither Giambi or Sheff have been found to use them while on the Yankees.

nyjunc said:
You are absically saying as long as you don't get caught it's ok. We KNOW players on EVERY team have used them so it's safe to say some of the Sox have used them but you said this:

:link:

Prove it. Back that statement up with proof or you won't be taken seriously.

FaninPatsyLand said:
:link:

Prove it. Back that statement up with proof or you won't be taken seriously.

As soon as you back up your statement that Sheff and Giambi used while they were Yankees. if not what they did in the past is irrelevant.

nyjunc said:
As soon as you back up your statement that Sheff and Giambi used while they were Yankees. if not what they did in the past is irrelevant.

Who said they did them on the Yankees? I said both were roid users, now you are just putting words in my mouth.

I'm still waiting for you to back up the "every team in the Majors has roid users" statement.

PS - Giambi's first year with the Yankees was in 2003, and this whole stomach problem didn't surface until 2004. You do the math...

FaninPatsyLand said:
Who said they did them on the Yankees? I said both were roid users, now you are just putting words in my mouth.

Your bring it up as if they did it as Yankees.

I'm still waiting for you to back up the "every team in the Majors has roid users" statement.

PS - Giambi's first year with the Yankees was in 2003, and this whole stomach problem didn't surface until 2004. You do the math...

I don't need to abck it up, you think the only roid users were the BALCO guys? Please enter the real World.

Saying Giambi did them w/ the Yanks w/ no proof and syaing "you do the math" is the same thing i am saying. I said before we signed Giambi that he was doing them in oak and I'm sure he did them here and I am very suspicious of last year. I am also very suspicious of alot of players around the majors including Yankees and Sox players.

nyjunc said:
I am also very suspicious of alot of players around the majors including Yankees and Sox players.

Who are you suspicious of around the MLB as well as Yanks and Sox players?

The Sox have started swing the bats well so far tonight. It's nice to know that they didn't die after the embarassments the past 2 nights. They need to keep it up because tomorrow's match up isn't looking good (David Wells vs. Cy Kazmir).

Youk is just a stud.. When Coco comes back he will be a very tough out at the bottom of the order..

GreenMonster said:
Youk is just a stud.. When Coco comes back he will be a very tough out at the bottom of the order..

LMAO! you say hes a stud after he Ks on a pitch that hits the front of the plate?

Nappy Roots said:
LMAO! you say hes a stud after he Ks on a pitch that hits the front of the plate?

Youkilis has been hitting the ball VERY well lately.

did anyone else see A-rod swing at a ball that bounced in front of the plate last night? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom