The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 65 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread

Nappy Roots said:
LMAO! you say hes a stud after he Ks on a pitch that hits the front of the plate?

Youk is hitting .319 with a .428 OBP.. Got to like when your leadoff hitter has a .925 OPS..

I missed the swing, it could have been bad, I still love Youk.. He plays a great 1B also..

GreenMonster said:
Youk is just a stud.. When Coco comes back he will be a very tough out at the bottom of the order..

Coco changes the whole Red Sox line up. Like you said he makes the bottom of the order tougher. Plus having a high OBP guy batting both 1st and 8th/9th is going to be big for the Sox. As well as Wily Mo and Nixon have been hitting the Sox really miss Coco. I can't wait to see the kid play, however he won't miss a beat.

Ray Finkle said:
Who are you suspicious of around the MLB as well as Yanks and Sox players?

it would probably be quicker to list who I am not suspicious of. If people think the game is clean now they are kidding themselves. They have undetectable steroids and I have no proof but I definitely think alot are still using them.

nyjunc said:
it would probably be quicker to list who I am not suspicious of. If people think the game is clean now they are kidding themselves. They have undetectable steroids and I have no proof but I definitely think alot are still using them.

Hey I agree with you, I'm sure there are still people on something. Until MLB does blood tests I'll be suspicious.

culpepper2chambers said:
tejada for manny now. whats your opinions now?

Nope. The reason: the past 3 games vs. the Yankees. Manny is one of the best hitters in baseball, maybe the 2nd best right handed hitter behind Pujols. Plus it would be absolutely dumb for the Sox to trade Manny mid-season (especially since he's been a model citizen the whole year) or ever for that matter.

I'd rather stick Gonzalez and Cora out at SS and watch them play gold glove defense and bat .200.

culpepper2chambers said:
tejada for manny now. whats your opinions now?

Here we go again... we'll sit back and watch everyone get all riled up for a blockbuster trade involving Manny Ramirez that will NEVER happen.

david wells starts for the sox tonight. kazmir goes for #8. wells has a great record against the rays, but so did tim wakefield. with the best pitcher in the league going, i gotta go with the rays. ;)

UF Fin Kat said:
david wells starts for the sox tonight. kazmir goes for #8. wells has a great record against the rays, but so did tim wakefield. with the best pitcher in the league going, i gotta go with the rays. ;)

I agree, especially since Kazmir OWNS the Red Sox this year, as well as the Sox being unable to hit lefties.

Boston beats Kazmir and get the win...Yankees lose to the Royals :roflmao:

I'd say a good day for Red Sox Nation :wink:

Rocky Raccoon said:
Boston beats Kazmir and get the win...Yankees lose to the Royals :roflmao:

I'd say a good day for Red Sox Nation :wink:

Oh yes it is. Anytime the Sox can beat a lefty when they have a pitcher on the mound not named Schilling or Beckett is great.

Of course having the Yankees lose anytime is a bonus, especially against the Royals.

Schilling vs McClung today.. Hopefully Schilling is back to his start of the year form after last start..

GreenMonster said:
Schilling vs McClung today.. Hopefully Schilling is back to his start of the year form after last start..

The Sox better win this game tonight. I read a stat somewhere that since July 2006 McClung has been the worst pitcher in baseball ERA wise (not counting the playoffs because if you count the playoffs than the worst pitcher ERA wise would be Clement).

Anyway did anyone see that Foulke got into an arguement with 2 fans by the Red Sox dugout and had to get pulled into the dugout by Brad Mills. Once in the dugout he pitched the wall? What the hell was up with that? Foulke, as much as I appreciate what he did in 2004, seems like he's losing his mind big time.

Ray Finkle said:
Oh yes it is. Anytime the Sox can beat a lefty when they have a pitcher on the mound not named Schilling or Beckett is great.
:sidelol:

Schill gets 200 tonight, good job.

as I appreciate what he did in 2004, seems like he's losing his mind big time.
Mind/Arm you mean. Love what Foulke helped the sox accomplish, but he needs to go away now.

As Clark Kent said congrats to Curt Schilling on win number 200!

Now a question to Red Sox fans: obviously he isn't going anywhere this year but does Papelbon stay on as Sox closer in 2007 and beyond or do you move him back into the rotation?

My answer would be to see what Hansen brings as a starter and then decide from there.

P.S. Did anyone else notice the line up tonight? I understand giving Manny a rest but why rest Wily Mo at the same time after he sat out 3 games this week. Also Youkilis in LF? Oh man.

Back
Top Bottom