The 44th pick | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 44th pick

Just keep in mind that the benefit of a 2010 draft is generally felt more in 2011 and 2012 than in 2010. So when I mention that I'd trade 2010 picks for 2011 picks it means I'm sacrificing potential 2011-2012 benefits for 2012-2013 benefits.

I do believe we need to win now. That's one reason I believe we should focus on free agency for some of our biggest need positions like LB and WR.

I think if you do that, AND you use 2010 draft picks to acquire 2011 draft picks, you're sort of running a balance between trying to win now and being smart for the future.

i think that's sound thinking also

at lb get me karlos dansby at wr get me bryant...

AND CHEAP...lol

Free agency comes first and I expect us to go after our defensive needs there. Not saying we will get them all accomplished but I think we will find ourselves with a new Inside Linebacker and a New Outside Linebacker. Joey Porter won't be a Dolphin come April.... Book it

And this is why they feel like they don't have to overpay for their own free agents, or free agents period and can still win 9-16 games every year and be a playoff threat....

The stockpiling of 2nd round picks also goes back to your point of the flow of contracts......2nd round pick contracts are a lot easier to negotiate....they're cheaper...less binding 4 year deals, etc....as opposed to 5 year deals with all this guaranteed money....

They trade guys off that they don't want to overpay or need (Cassell, Seymour, Branch, etc.) for 1st round picks and/or multiple picks...

They never had that invested in the players in the first place most of the time...:lol:

And these stupid GM's around the league just keep helping the Patriots stay there by giving them even MORE picks....it's amazing to me...

It pisses me off to no end. It particularly pisses me off when teams continue to give up a future 1st for a present Patriots 2nd rounder...which has to have happened at least three times since Belichick took over. They also regularly give him a future 2nd for a present 3rd, that has to have happened about four times.

When will the other teams learn that this is a continual source of their draft wealth? If I were a GM that would be my first order of business...never, under any circumstance, give up a round by trading a future pick for a present pick. Second order of business, whenever an opportunity presents itself, and provided you have plenty of draft picks left in the hopper, do not hesitate to trade away a present pick for someone else's higher future pick.

Luckily, I don't think the Pats have drafted so hot over the last three or four years.

Unluckily, Belichick stumbled into a small boon when he asked for Al Davis' 2010 1st round pick for Richard Seymour, and Davis actually insisted it be the 2011 pick. Ugh.

yep that 2011 pick the raiders gave for a 1 year loan possibly of richard seymour has top 10 written all over it

Not only that, but top 10 in a year where there will probably be a rookie wage scale, and in a draft where the talent looks downright rare.

Do you know how much my year will be ruined if they're able to parlay that pick into someone like Jonathan Baldwin or Patrick Peterson? Or my god, what if Mark Herzlich makes some kind of miracle comeback from cancer and he looks the same as he did pre-cancer? **** me. I get pissed off just thinking about it.

It pisses me off to no end. It particularly pisses me off when teams continue to give up a future 1st for a present Patriots 2nd rounder...which has to have happened at least three times since Belichick took over. They also regularly give him a future 2nd for a present 3rd, that has to have happened about four times.

When will the other teams learn that this is a continual source of their draft wealth? If I were a GM that would be my first order of business...never, under any circumstance, give up a round by trading a future pick for a present pick. Second order of business, whenever an opportunity presents itself, and provided you have plenty of draft picks left in the hopper, do not hesitate to trade away a present pick for someone else's higher future pick.

Luckily, I don't think the Pats have drafted so hot over the last three or four years.

Unluckily, Belichick stumbled into a small boon when he asked for Al Davis' 2010 1st round pick for Richard Seymour, and Davis actually insisted it be the 2011 pick. Ugh.

Last draft killed me when Carolina gave up their 1st pick in 2010 to SF for their 2nd right in front of our pick. Why not us!!!!!! Then to top it off we select P.White but thats not here nor there.

I truely hope we trade back this year from early in the first to the early 20's. We have to many needs especially for depth and the more picks the better.

The only trade like that, that I may have actually approved, was when Carolina traded away a future 1st in order to get a crack at Jeff Otah. I just thought Otah was THAT good. Still do.

The Raiders trade for Seymour is why the team suchs on a yearly basis. I know they are going to take a big-time Receiver to play with Moss and Welker.

remember we don't need to get all of our players from college, we are also getting players from canada, so if we don't trade down and get more picks it will not suprise me, we need a playmaker at pick 12

I say we go defense with the first pick, linebacker or safety, preferably rolondo mclain if hes still there, and then take a wide out with the 44th pick. i like demaryius thomas or desmond briscoe if they are there.

I say we go defense with the first pick, linebacker or safety, preferably rolondo mclain if hes still there, and then take a wide out with the 44th pick. i like demaryius thomas or desmond briscoe if they are there.

Thomas said he was returning for his senior season.

What should be done is for us to draft Tony Pike if he is available iin the 2nd. Henne is a good backup at best, and it wouldn't surprise me if we take another QB. Tebow shouldn't even be looked at until late 3rd and who knows what he will play.
if we take another QB,were gonna set our franchise back and 5 years,so no thank you.....Henne is good enough to win in January w/

That's crazy talk! I will have died of a heart attack during a Dolphins game long before 2021. Possibly even before 2017!

Besides, I thought that teams with the same record rotated picks in each round, so wouldn't we have pick #42 or 43, seeing as we're the last 7-9 team to pick in round 1?

CK cares so much about 2021...LOL...he spends 80 hours a week looking at film...which is why he projected we would take the OLB from GT with our first pick...a guy that went in the third round to Cincy. All that film and all those hours really pay off, eh? ROFLMAO. What a tool.

Some people feel that if you're not getting paid, you don't know your stuff and that's not the case.

If you know the game of football, know what to look for and put enough time and effort into it, you can scout talent very well.

CK does this. He knows what to look for. Knows who to watch and what they should be doing. I can say the same for Boomer, Con, Slimm and hoops as well.

Exactly. But if you don't get paid, you are just like everyone else that watches football. I've seen CK around. His knowledge is nothing special. He is wrong more than he is right. But he acts like, and he gets treated like, he is something special. He is not.

Back
Top Bottom