The Chicago White Sox Thread | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Chicago White Sox Thread

Ray Finkle said:
I agree with you. The Tigers are having a great year but you can't take them seriously with Kenny Rogers as their ace and Todd Jones as their closer. Both of those guys are complete post season melt downs waiting to happen.

New York/Chicago/Boston have been the other elite teams in the AL this year, Minnesota I could put in their now also but Detroit has a terrible record vs those 3. Zumaya should be Detroit's closer and Maroth should be coming back sometime soon. Maybe it's because we haven't seen Detroit do it but they've been dominated by the other 3 elite AL teams. Tomorrow is a huge game for Detroit if they win they're 7 1/2 up but if they lose their 5 1/2 up with Boston up next while Chicago has 4 against KC.

djfresh47 said:
New York/Chicago/Boston have been the other elite teams in the AL this year, Minnesota I could put in their now also but Detroit has a terrible record vs those 3. Zumaya should be Detroit's closer and Maroth should be coming back sometime soon. Maybe it's because we haven't seen Detroit do it but they've been dominated by the other 3 elite AL teams. Tomorrow is a huge game for Detroit if they win they're 7 1/2 up but if they lose their 5 1/2 up with Boston up next while Chicago has 4 against KC.

I agree Zumaya should be the closer, he's a stud. Even with Maroth back I'm not sure if that even helps their rotation. Zach Miner has been decent this year and Maroth hasn't had a very good track record in the past. Maybe he was beginning to turn it around this year but who knows until he comes back and that's assuming he'll be healthy enough.

icephinfan said:
Nice win for the White Sox today...Let's get going now!!!!!

I see Detroit having a late free-fall (much like Chicago did last year). That lead in the central is shrinking. Their lead over NYY for best record in the AL is shrinking. That team is real young, if things get tight they could crumble.

MikeO said:
I see Detroit having a late free-fall (much like Chicago did last year). That lead in the central is shrinking. Their lead over NYY for best record in the AL is shrinking. That team is real young, if things get tight they could crumble.

The Yanks are like a 1/2 game ahead of the Sox.

5 1/2 back and the Tigers have the Red Sox and Chicago gets the Royals. The team is starting to get hot.

djfresh47 said:
5 1/2 back and the Tigers have the Red Sox and Chicago gets the Royals. The team is starting to get hot.

Yep and another good win for us today.

Bobby Jenks has been a stud all season. Rivera/Ryan/Papelbon are overshadowing him but Jenks has made great strides since last season. He reported out of shape and Ozzie kinda called him out but he was a great pickup by Kenny Williams.

djfresh47 said:
Bobby Jenks has been a stud all season. Rivera/Ryan/Papelbon are overshadowing him but Jenks has made great strides since last season. He reported out of shape and Ozzie kinda called him out but he was a great pickup by Kenny Williams.

You're absolutely right. No one has an idea of how good he has been because Papelbon/Rivera/Ryan has been getting all the credit this year. I admit I thought Jenks wasn't going to be any good this year because of the horrible spring he had but he proved me wrong.

Ray Finkle said:
You're absolutely right. No one has an idea of how good he has been because Papelbon/Rivera/Ryan has been getting all the credit this year. I admit I thought Jenks wasn't going to be any good this year because of the horrible spring he had but he proved me wrong.

His ERA is high for a closer at 3.60 but he's only blown two saves. Once he gets command of his curveball he'll be lights out. I was looking at stats for some closers and Joe Nathan of Minnesota might be the most underrated closer in the league. Brian Sabaen trading Liriano and Nathan for Pierzynski could end up being considered one of those trades that is laughed at. Although a pitcher with a history of elbow troubles would scare me if I were a Twins fan. Ozzie pointed it out that Liriano may have to be moved to the bullpen because of the stress that is put on his arm and the history of trouble.

djfresh47 said:
The Yanks are like a 1/2 game ahead of the Sox.

well 3 in the loss column when I posted that! :lol:

MikeO said:
well 3 in the loss column when I posted that! :lol:

If the Wild Card team ends up with a better record than the division winner do they get home-field?

djfresh47 said:
If the Wild Card team ends up with a better record than the division winner do they get home-field?

No. A Wild Card team never has the home field advantage (unless it's in the WS).

I will say this, I am glad Ozzie isn't opening his mouth and saying dumb things like earlier in the season. Things like that can hurt, and it did for awhile.

Jenks is doing a great job, and the starters look like there back to dominating ways. Seems like were getting stronger as the season is winding down.

A good momentum, to lead us into the playoffs.

That was a huge sweep of Detroit this weekend. Now the White Sox are going to play KC while Detroit heads up to Boston. It's funny how a week ago everyone was giving Detroit the division and now it looks like the White Sox are going to fight them to the end for it!

Back
Top Bottom