The Chicago White Sox Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Chicago White Sox Thread

Buehrle I think will only get charged with one or two earned runs. When Jenks has command he is nasty. He's gotta be able to throw the curve ball in the strike zone. He's got the velocity and people sometimes look too much into it's a very straight fastball. It was good to see Uribe and Anderson get going and A.J. his his first homer of the year. Both teams played horrible defensively, Tony Batista is one of the few guys who play 3b that I can think of with a beer belly.

icephinfan said:
Yeah, we started sloppy, but settled down and played good ball.[/quote

Scottie Podsednik started the year awful and he's got his average up to around .280. Thome is hovering around .300 as is Dye but Konerko/Pierzynski/Crede/Iguchi are all above .300. Iguchi had a terrible spring training when they were toying with the idea of hitting Uribe 2nd but he's been very good since the start of the year. Juan Uribe has the 2nd best arm for a SS in baseball, IMO Furcal has him beat but he's got a cannon. I still think the Indians pull together and the Tigers fall off.

djfresh47 said:
icephinfan said:
Yeah, we started sloppy, but settled down and played good ball.[/quote

Scottie Podsednik started the year awful and he's got his average up to around .280. Thome is hovering around .300 as is Dye but Konerko/Pierzynski/Crede/Iguchi are all above .300. Iguchi had a terrible spring training when they were toying with the idea of hitting Uribe 2nd but he's been very good since the start of the year. Juan Uribe has the 2nd best arm for a SS in baseball, IMO Furcal has him beat but he's got a cannon. I still think the Indians pull together and the Tigers fall off.

How long have you been a SOX fan???

icephinfan said:
djfresh47 said:
How long have you been a SOX fan???

Since I started watching baseball. I was a huge Ray Durham fan as he came up and replaced Joey Cora. Robin Ventura is probably a favorite of any Sox fan and I really liked the rotation they had in the strike shortened season with Fernandez/Alvarez/Bere/McDowell I forgot who the 5th guy in their was but they had a pretty good team that year but probably not good enough to take out the Expos that season. They got Uribe for Aaron Miles which is another very good Kenny Williams move.

7-3 win today over the Twins.
Freddy Garcia pitched very well,Good game from the Sox.

I looked at the box score for yesterdays game and Buehrle is charged with one earned run. I'm lazy and I don't wanna look at the stats but Scottie Podsednik couldn't hit anything probably the first 15 games of the year and has raised his average probably close to two hundred points since then. While he's not running like last year because I think it's to have his legs fresh for the 2nd half of the season. The pitching gets alot of publicity as it should but it's hard for me to find a better lineup in baseball right now.

Todays game:
White Sox at the Devil Rays

McCarthy gets the start for the first time this season.

McCarthy pitched 4 innings in a White Sox Loss 10-7 to the Rays.
Jim thome and Paul Kornerko had back to back homeruns, to get a 6 run rally in the 8th, but to little to late.

It's tough for McCarthy because he's not stretched out. Jose will be back vs the Cubs.

icephinfan said:
McCarthy should be a reliever not a starter.

On the team right now yes, but his future is in the rotation. He was incredible down the stretch last year and his stuff is excellent. McCarthy would be in the rotation for most teams in the league right now, it's just that the White Sox are loaded with starting pitching. Vazquez is going to help the team out and maybe they did it to block another team from getting him but I think Chris Young is going to be a very good player for the Diamondbacks.

djfresh47 said:
On the team right now yes, but his future is in the rotation. He was incredible down the stretch last year and his stuff is excellent. McCarthy would be in the rotation for most teams in the league right now, it's just that the White Sox are loaded with starting pitching. Vazquez is going to help the team out and maybe they did it to block another team from getting him but I think Chris Young is going to be a very good player for the Diamondbacks.

When is the showdown with the Cubs???

Back
Top Bottom