***The Combine Thread*** | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The Combine Thread***

That means that how they play on the field is significantly more important than how they play in shorts competing with air.

Why does that matter? They are ALL in shorts playing against air. So their all playing on an even playing field as far as comparing them in each category.

n' thats more the reason on why they SHOULDNT DROP PASSES.

Fred Davis definitely didn't impress during the combine. He didn't do the vertical or the 40 so he can just showcase his skills and he dropped alot of easy passes while the other players that did all the events made every catch. Keller and Cottam looked very solid.

Jake Long did look very impressive, but I was shocked that Jeff Otah, Ryan Clady, and Chris Williams were not in the top 10 in bench reps. Also Otah ran a horrendous 40 time.

Otah's 40 time of 5.56 is really surprising.

Carl Nicks on the other hand just solidified why I would love to have him as a Dolphins. 31 bench press reps and a 5.12 (unofficial) 40.

Jake Long did look very impressive, but I was shocked that Jeff Otah, Ryan Clady, and Chris Williams were not in the top 10 in bench reps. Also Otah ran a horrendous 40 time.

For whatever it's worth Clady got hurt during his bench press which is why he didn't do drills today. Not sure if it effected the number of times he did it or if it happened when he was trying to push for 1 more.

Otah's 40 time of 5.56 is really surprising.

Carl Nicks on the other hand just solidified why I would love to have him as a Dolphins. 31 bench press reps and a 5.12 (unofficial) 40.

when does the 40 become official? after they combine the 2 or something? or is there no such thing as an official one?

Btw for those who kept saying collins is a LT, they were talking about how he will play G and he woudlnt be able to play LT in the NFL.

1 thign i do know is long came in at 6'3 and 272. thats about 14 lbs lighter then other listings and an inch shorter. I dono dude, thats too smal for a DE in a 3-4. if we get him its strictly for a OLB spot. its amazing how when we have the top 2 picks in the last decade we got **** on the top 5 players coming out

For whatever it's worth Clady got hurt during his bench press which is why he didn't do drills today. Not sure if it effected the number of times he did it or if it happened when he was trying to push for 1 more.

Yeah i saw that but did you see the way he benches? Either he hurt his back on the first one or he doesnt know how to bench properly.

My thoughts on day 1

Jake Long will be the first Tackle taken. I was thinking Clady but Long has great Strength.

Jeremy Zuttah was very impressive.

Jeff Otah was a bit disappointing.

Roy Schuening was also quite impressive

Out of the TE's I was most impressed with Brad Cottam and Dustin Keller. Keller by far improved his draft stock the most. Also Raynos nice big Redzone threat that we can land in round 6 or 7.

Dustin Keller had the best 40 time with 4.53, he was 2nd best in the bench reps with 26, he had the best vertical at 38'' and showed great hands and athletic ability today. His stock is going to rise big time. If he can improve on his blocking he could easily be the #1 tightend. John Carlson didn't show a great 40 time but he used his hands very well catching the ball and he is probably the best combo of blocking and catching TE in this class.
Yea John Carlson stock is falling and Dustin Kellers is rising i hope Keller or Carlson are there with the 57th pick in the draft

When do the Safties work out? I want to see what Caleb Campbell does.

I haven't read it all in this thread, but what a shame to see this years class is so weak when it comes to bench press?! Very disappointed. Does it have a influence on there draft value?

I know I was quite shocked with Chris Williams and Ryan Clady. They need more Upperbody strength.

I know I was quite shocked with Chris Williams and Ryan Clady. They need more Upperbody strength.
I really like Chris Williams, If im not wrong i remember him as one of the more talented guy from Senior Bowl. He's mean as hell.

I actually expected a little bit more from him.

Back
Top Bottom