The Cost Of Doing Business? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Cost Of Doing Business?

The moves to lower cap which has to happen no matter what are restructuring of existing contracts. Its going to happen. Only way we get below cap. Its been talked about on many threads.
What existing contracts are we restructuring? The only one I see as possible is Chubb unless you want to pay hill and Ramsey well past their prime. And even then I can’t see how we get under the cap enough to make this team a contender. We have to get under the cap and still have money to sign the draft class. Maybe you know something I don’t but I’m not seeing it without putting ourselves in this same hole next year and the following

Even if you wanted to blow it up . You can't just trade big contracts players without cap implications. It doesn't work that way.

agree it is possible, but I think it is not probable. i would say the same thing if we had the best GM in football. this will not be easy. god forbid we pay tua through the nose, and then leave the team with no OL again, and he gets hurt. i am terrified by the stories we are hearing about both hunt and williams not coming back, and lord knows with armstead you cant win either way
Hunt I agree.
Don't understand why keep Williams. If not mistaken big cost and What? not able to play til possibly Nov. What am I missing.
What even good is it having Armstead if hes watching the games on TV every other week..
My big fear isn't even the players for I think we have a good shot at finally assembling a real OL that actually is a step above and an ability to gel together (not musical chairs OL) but will we or have we not yet learned the essential and vital importance of that OL. I haven't seen the signs yet and that scares me.Don't want another shaky and half azz line.

So whats your plan to get under the cap and field a team other than restructures?
I don’t have a plan I just simply don’t think it doable. We are seeing the effects right now of poor management throughout the last couple years and restructuring guys soon to be in there 30s will only cause us to be in this same situation in the upcoming years

I wanted Jefferson over Jackson. And yes I think the way the Waddle trade worked out was unusual.

But Waddle has been very productive. Jackson took a while, as you mentioned, but he's turned out to be really good.

I believe Howard was Grier's first draft. Of course, he also drafted Tunsil and ended up trading him for a lot of assets.

Have to credit Grier for the trades, too, that brought Hill and Chubb.

If you look at Miami's roster, compared to the rest of the league, it's easily top 10.
i do not agree AJ was a good first round pick. first of all he was always known as a developmental prospect. fine, but then stupid to draft a developmental player with a first round pick, and then expect him to be the immediate starter at LT, and protect the QB. of course, AJ couldnt do it, so the result was we had to way overpay for Terron Armstead, who plays about half the games, and that is now a cap and player availability problem. then we moved AJ to right tackle, where after 4 years he became what appears to be an average right tackle. so when looking at the whole mosaic, closer to the profile of a 3rd rounder than a first rounder

I need the reddit link that explains what can be done. It doesn't matter if anyone likes it.

I wanted Jefferson over Jackson. And yes I think the way the Waddle trade worked out was unusual.

But Waddle has been very productive. Jackson took a while, as you mentioned, but he's turned out to be really good.

I believe Howard was Grier's first draft. Of course, he also drafted Tunsil and ended up trading him for a lot of assets.

Have to credit Grier for the trades, too, that brought Hill and Chubb.

If you look at Miami's roster, compared to the rest of the league, it's easily top 10.
chubb was not a good deal. huge salary, which is now causing problems. gave up alot of draft capital, which is now causing problems. did nothing his first year with us. second year, got hurt when it mattered most. now will be out most of third year. NOT GOOD!

I don't like it but its our reality. Complaining about how we got here doesn't matter.

chubb was not a good deal. huge salary, which is now causing problems. gave up alot of draft capital, which is now causing problems. did nothing his first year with us. second year, got hurt when it mattered most. now will be out most of third year. NOT GOOD!
Chubb is great even though he blew up in the Tennessee.. hoping he gets back quickly

i do not agree AJ was a good first round pick. first of all he was always known as a developmental prospect. fine, but then stupid to draft a developmental player with a first round pick, and then expect him to be the immediate starter at LT, and protect the QB. of course, AJ couldnt do it, so the result was we had to way overpay for Terron Armstead, who plays about half the games, and that is now a cap and player availability problem. then we moved AJ to right tackle, where after 4 years he became what appears to be an average right tackle. so when looking at the whole mosaic, closer to the profile of a 3rd rounder than a first rounder
Yup 100% and there were better prospects on the board like ah yea Jefferson

I don't like it but it’s our reality. Complaining about how we got here doesn't matter.
Well technically nothing we right here matters. We’re just fans expressing our opinions

No we will obviously get under the cap. I just don’t think we can do it while improving the roster
Thats true. I think what really hurt us last year especially on the offensive line were all the injuries. Hopefully whoever we sign it isn't an issue.

Back
Top Bottom