The Cost Of Doing Business? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Cost Of Doing Business?

I think his point is why do you have to hide behind posts that try to hide the subject….yet always end up in the same place?

It is kind of co

It seems like you’re the one that has trouble saying what things / what you mean

I mean this thread was originally about all of the players being cut for financial reasons (you kept asking why- thought we should explain again) and then the looming free agents

Maybe we just assumed you were trying something new instead of circling back to the same damn topic once again
nice try. the rubber is clearly meeting the road now and this latest set of stories about who they are parting ways with makes it clear. there is a huge cost to shoving all of their chips onto the table for last year (all the big deals and trading away the draft capital), and then also giving tua a big extension going forward. it is both things. it should now be becoming obvious, even to those who were wearing the rose colored glasses. two different sets of problems, colliding together

nice try. the rubber is clearly meeting the road now and this latest set of stories about who they are parting ways with makes it clear. there is a huge cost to shoving all of their chips onto the table for last year (all the big deals and trading away the draft capital), and then also giving tua a big extension going forward. it is both things. it should now be becoming obvious, even to those who were wearing the rose colored glasses. two different sets of problems, colliding together
Meh……I am going to wait until the final 53 is in place to evaluate the team. Still a long way to go

Well actually if you want to be technical about it

Tyreek has that 50 million cap hit coming up, so he applies directly to what you’re saying

Tua has yet to sign a contract extension, so no, he wouldn’t apply to what you are saying (at this current time)

Congrats you’ve made another thread into being about the qb when you were doing so good. I mean a silly thread in general, but hey here we are
this is what forces my hand in the tua direction. to put it all on tyreeks deal is intellectually dishonest. that is a one year issue, which is much easier to manuever around than the consequences of 5 years and 250mm. if you could have just been intellectually honest and admitted tua's impending deal is a large part (not all) of the problem, we would not even had to have had this discussion. simply, it should be clear to everyone now that there is a cost of doing business, as the title suggests. there is no free lunch. you want to trade away draft picks and pay up bigly for guys you trade for and/or FAs, there are consequences. you want to give a QB 5 and $250mm there are consequences. when doing this, I would hope the total equation at least works out to winning the division and a stinking playoff game! as best as i can tell we went all in for last year, to take advantage of tua being on his rookie deal. for a myriad of reasons, it did not work. the object of the game now is not to compound the problem, and instead manage around it and find the best outcome possible. i am worried we will make it worse, as this organization has tended to do

whats obvious? that we've been spending cash plentifully while we have a qb on his rookie contract? Dude get over it, EVERY TEAM has these issues. Every team signs players they then cut that didnt work out. Every team has dead cap. Pretty much every team that has a good QB doesnt just let them walk away. The league would look very different every year if each team just kept the qb carousel going that you seem to want to sign up for

this is what forces my hand in the tua direction. to put it all on tyreeks deal is intellectually dishonest. that is a one year issue, which is much easier to manuever around than the consequences of 5 years and 250mm. if you could have just been intellectually honest and admitted tua's impending deal is a large part (not all) of the problem, we would not even had to have had this discussion. simply, it should be clear to everyone now that there is a cost of doing business, as the title suggests. there is no free lunch. you want to trade away draft picks and pay up bigly for guys you trade for and/or FAs, there are consequences. you want to give a QB 5 and $250mm there are consequences. when doing this, I would hope the total equation at least works out to winning the division and a stinking playoff game! as best as i can tell we went all in for last year, to take advantage of tua being on his rookie deal. for a myriad of reasons, it did not work. the object of the game now is not to compound the problem, and instead manage around it and find the best outcome possible. i am worried we will make it worse, as this organization has tended to do
yadda yadda yadda

blah blah blah

sure ok whatever champ, cant wait for the next thread saying all of this same **** rehashed in another way that you have to disguise and then pull out for the big reveal mid thread

Well all of this is a result of having all those high draft picks and having to put tenders on them in the 4th year for 5th year options. I figured we'd lose a few, but I'm not convince none of them are non expendables. If Wilkins leaves sign the other DT Raekon Davis for cheaper who's also a free agent. Add in FA, draft or UDFA. I'm more concern about our edge players who are hurt.

Last edited:
Well all of this is a result of having all those high draft picks and having to put tenders on them in the 4th year for 5th year options. I figured we'd lose a few, but I'm not convince none of them are non expendables. If Wilkins leaves sign the other DT for cheaper who's also a free agent. Add in FA, draft or UDFA. I'm more concern about our edge players who are hurt.
Exactly

yadda yadda yadda

blah blah blah

sure ok whatever champ, cant wait for the next thread saying all of this same **** rehashed in another way that you have to disguise and then pull out for the big reveal mid thread
i say again nice try. i did not say a word about tua until you tried to put the whole thing on tyreeks deal. i also mentioned there are other things at play besides tua. i think that was pretty even handed.

I like all those players mentioned, but the fact is that none of them were on one of the 4 teams in the Championship games this year. So none of them are imperative to making it that far.

i say again nice try. i did not say a word about tua until you tried to put the whole thing on tyreeks deal. i also mentioned there are other things at play besides tua. i think that was pretty even handed.
You literally brought Tua up

(Not verbatim, but as I recall it)
- you started out talking about the players were cutting
- asked who would be a hindrance to the cap in the coming years
- I mentioned a player who would take up a large chunk of change soon
- you bring up the qb

Don’t try getting this all twisted around.

This is what happens when you build a deep, talented NFL roster.

You have to get used to seeing guys leave for bigger paydays.

It has been a long time since Dolphin fans had to deal with this aspect of the Salary Cap Era.

I am disappointed Miami wasn't able to tie up Wilkins a year ago but obviously he has a bigger number in mind than Miami can justify.

He will be hard to replace on the field and in the locker room.

The team who overpays him will likely regret it in a few years when his Cap # starts to climb and we will see his name in stories about getting released or taking a pay cut.
And it also means getting it done in the window available which we turned into exactly 0 playoff wins.

This franchise is a joke, but hey, we are #1 in pampering the cry baby millionaires...

As of right now it is hard to see how this roster can be better in 2024, it appears we are going to be losing a lot of key players and creating a lot of holes. Doesn't help we have no money and low on draft picks.
It will be much worse, and the product on the field last year was predominantly smoke n mirrors.

This team ain't going anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom