The Fall of the Patriots | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Fall of the Patriots

thank you. Good post. This is a point of contention for pats fans often. personally, i don't know why it's allowed on the sideline and not from the press box. I have no idea. If you see it, you see it.
Crygate was a situation where roger goodell, fresh on the job, over reacted for belichick's insubordination. The fine and penalty was ridiculous. A 1st round draft pick for doing what other superbowl coaches said everyone did.

Nobody knows what "spygate" was when pressed. They often just point to the penalty, and say "see, the commissioner gave you the worst penalty is league history", then immediately contradict their own assertion by saying he destroyed the evidence to protect our name. In truth, the broncos received the worst penalty, from the commissioner before, much more seasoned and respectable, for cheating the salary cap and paying people under the table to keep terrell davis on the team for two superbowls. No mention of that ever though, despite how much more obvious it is.

There was no conspiracy, and their was no "cheating". It was simply roger's first and greatest blunder, and a media that found a ratings goldmine building the simple violation in a technicality of location into the infamous... "spygate."

and now the word just evokes emotion and conjures imagery of belichick's sinister mind reading, all knowing, "cheater" empire that knows all your plays before you even call them.

Completely baseless word-hysteria has tarnished the only superbowl dynasty of the salary cap era.

A loss for football.

pats18ndone

Thank you. Good post. This is a point of contention for pats fans often. Personally, I don't know why it's allowed on the sideline and not from the press box. I have no idea. If you see it, you see it.
Crygate was a situation where Roger Goodell, fresh on the job, over reacted for Belichick's insubordination. The fine and penalty was ridiculous. A 1st round draft pick for doing what other Superbowl coaches said everyone did.

Nobody knows what "Spygate" was when pressed. They often just point to the penalty, and say "See, The Commissioner gave you the worst penalty is league history", then immediately contradict their own assertion by saying he destroyed the evidence to protect our name. In truth, the Broncos received the worst penalty, from the Commissioner before, much more seasoned and respectable, for cheating the salary cap and paying people under the table to keep Terrell Davis on the team for two Superbowls. No mention of that ever though, despite how much more obvious it is.

There was no conspiracy, and their was no "cheating". It was simply Roger's first and greatest blunder, and a media that found a ratings goldmine building the simple violation in a technicality of location into the infamous... "Spygate."

And now the word just evokes emotion and conjures imagery of Belichick's sinister mind reading, all knowing, "cheater" Empire that knows all your plays before you even call them.

Completely baseless word-hysteria has tarnished the only Superbowl dynasty of the salary cap era.

A loss for football.

In reality it doesn't really tarnish anything esp since the memo had not been sent out strictly enforcing a rule that most coaches were violating anyway. The kicker was the Pats continued to tape from an unauthorized location and got caught. The real kicker is they were watched with total scrutiny the following season and won every game but one so not sure the videotaping had that much affect since they won 16 out of 17 games with no video taping from that location. People want to make a big deal out of it because they have to explain away the success of the Pats while other teams that were doing the same thing were not as successful. That being said it could be rough sailing soon if BB and Brady walk off into the sunset together

You gotta hate their resiliency. Just when you think they are down they come right back. Looking now like they might just might be 6-2 by the time they face Denver.
Next 3 games, Bill, Jets and Bears.

You gotta hate their resiliency. Just when you think they are down they come right back. Looking now like they might just might be 6-2 by the time they face Denver.
Next 3 games, Bill, Jets and Bears.

sign of having good leadership esp at coach position. Kind of like when Brady got injured or right after they got penalized for spygate and proceeded to win every regular season game

sign of having good leadership esp at coach position. Kind of like when Brady got injured or right after they got penalized for spygate and proceeded to win every regular season game

it's mostly about the QB. I am looking forward to seeing him retire.

it's mostly about the QB. I am looking forward to seeing him retire.

No qb in the history of the NFL has won a championship by himself. Not even Brady. You keep believing that all you want.
This is not basketball where a guy like Jordan can take over a game by himself.

No qb in the history of the NFL has won a championship by himself. Not even Brady. You keep believing that all you want.
This is not basketball where a guy like Jordan can take over a game by himself.

that one guy change a franchise and changed the career of Bill Belichick as a HC. Of course no one can do it by themselves but he has been THE difference maker for that franchise since he first got his chance. BB is a DC somewhere today if not for Brady.

that one guy change a franchise and changed the career of Bill Belichick as a HC. Of course no one can do it by themselves but he has been THE difference maker for that franchise since he first got his chance. BB is a DC somewhere today if not for Brady.

I totally disagree with you. People can act like the only reason BB wins is because of Brady and of course Brady is an element of victory just like any great coach has to have great players to succeed. A qb can make a coach look good short term , don't buy that Brady has magically transformedBB from a bad coach to a good coach. Its not a fluke that no coach has ever won a superbowl with two teams. You can argue all day that Brady is the only reason and I can argue that BB is one of the best coaches ever. In the end your mind wont change and neither will mine. Even when Brady wasn't as good as before that team has won.

I totally disagree with you. People can act like the only reason BB wins is because of Brady and of course Brady is an element of victory just like any great coach has to have great players to succeed. A qb can make a coach look good short term , don't buy that Brady has magically transformedBB from a bad coach to a good coach. Its not a fluke that no coach has ever won a superbowl with two teams. You can argue all day that Brady is the only reason and I can argue that BB is one of the best coaches ever. In the end your mind wont change and neither will mine. Even when Brady wasn't as good as before that team has won.

I never said the only reason he wins is b/c of Brady, I said he'd be a DC somewhere else today if not for Brady. His job was already in trouble and there's zero chance they make a SB run w/ Bledsoe in 2001, they most likely don't even make the playoffs. BB has developed into a top HC since then but he never gets that chance w/o Brady.

BB has been a complete failure w/o Tom Brady. Shula made a SB w/ Woodley, Parcells won w/ Hostetler, Gibbs w/ 3 different QBs, etc... yet BB was a total failure as a HC w/o Brady.

bill b career record with the browns in 5 seasons, which is a good sample size.

36-44, 1 winning seasons with a playoff berth going 11-5

2000, 1st year as pats head coach, goes 5-11. 2001, started 0-2, and that is when brady took over as starting qb, and we know the rest of the story.

i think someone has a much better argument on bradys part than BB part.

i dont think its just a coincidence that bill b just because an awesome coach right when brady took over.

without brady, pats have 0 rings, without bill, but with brady, pats prob still have lots of success.

That's like judging Pete Carroll by his former nfl stops. No qb in the history of the nfl is so good that the team is good every year because of him.

That's like judging Pete Carroll by his former nfl stops. No qb in the history of the nfl is so good that the team is good every year because of him.

You must have missed the Marino era. We had one losing season with Marino at QB. Our defenses routinely sucked. He made good players out of whoever suited up at WR. We had no RBs to speak of.

dude, but 5 seasons with the browns and 8 games under 500 as there coach, and then 5-11 year 1 with pats, and starts 0-2 in year 2 and looks to be on his way out with another losing season.

its to coincidental that he just all of the sudden became a great coach.

im sorry, and everyone is deff entitled to there own opinion, but his lack of success prior to brady and after brady leans more towards my side of the argument.

lets keep in mind, its not like BB teams were doing well year in and year out and getting bounced from the playoffs before brady, they were pretty bad each year with the exception of the 11-5 season in 94 with cleveland

You must have missed the Marino era. We had one losing season with Marino at QB. Our defenses routinely sucked. He made good players out of whoever suited up at WR. We had no RBs to speak of.

didn't miss the marino era best qb ever and how may rings did he win by himself. You made my point. Also lets not act like Clayton and Duper were some scrubs he turned into all stars.

Back
Top Bottom