The Football thread - the version that actually uses a ball and feet | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Football thread - the version that actually uses a ball and feet

[TWEET]740513578441150465[/TWEET]

I had never heard of him a week ago, have never watched him play; but I have a good feeling about this deal :)

Apparently United players get a free Chevrolet - any that they want. Not a car brand that interests me, but this one is quite nice:

Ckc8vkxWUAAcEM-.jpg:large

Ronaldo is actually a good dude, single father etc. But he has made a real prat of himself in this tournament

I don't think Cristiano is a bad dude, but he's not the type of guy you want as a the leader of a team... and that's what Portugal wants/needs him to be. That may sound worse that it's meant to, but it was kind of the same for Landon Donovan. Landon was at his best when he could just go out and play

I don't think Cristiano is a bad dude, but he's not the type of guy you want as a the leader of a team... and that's what Portugal wants/needs him to be. That may sound worse that it's meant to, but it was kind of the same for Landon Donovan. Landon was at his best when he could just go out and play

Beckham and Ronaldo are similar. Great on club level with international superstars but never the player who can bring the national teams to the next level yet in the mean time those national teams rely on their 'leadership'.

They are the greatest on the best teams money can buy because the attention to players are diverse.

Beckham and Ronaldo are similar. Great on club level with international superstars but never the player who can bring the national teams to the next level yet in the mean time those national teams rely on their 'leadership'.

They are the greatest on the best teams money can buy because the attention to players are diverse.

True. Though I think Ronaldo absolutely is a great and doesn't need great players around him to make him look better, he's not the guy to inspire his teammates to be great. He's 4th Captain at Madrid. Behind Sergio Ramos (whose a great leader), Marcelo, and Pepe... I wouldn't consider either of those 2 leaders.

Lol first and only time that Landon Donovan will ever be mentioned in the same breath as Ronaldo

True. Though I think Ronaldo absolutely is a great and doesn't need great players around him to make him look better, he's not the guy to inspire his teammates to be great. He's 4th Captain at Madrid. Behind Sergio Ramos (whose a great leader), Marcelo, and Pepe... I wouldn't consider either of those 2 leaders.

Key phrase :lol:

Ronaldo is all about Ronaldo even on the National Team. That's why Portugal is on the bring to fail in the Euro 2016 group stage - again - while teams like Wales and Croatia won their groups against competition like Spain, England and the likes.

On another note:

GO USA!!!!!!
Big game against the #1 team in the world. Everything outside a loss would be sensational.
A look back in history...

[video=youtube;zahJxAMfnms]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zahJxAMfnms[/video]

Key phrase :lol:

Ronaldo is all about Ronaldo even on the National Team. That's why Portugal is on the bring to fail in the Euro 2016 group stage - again - while teams like Wales and Croatia won their groups against competition like Spain, England and the likes.

On another note:

GO USA!!!!!!
Big game against the #1 team in the world. Everything outside a loss would be sensational.
A look back in history...

[video=youtube;zahJxAMfnms]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zahJxAMfnms[/video]

Such a hard thing to watch....I guess I would be happy with any outcome...Argentina is such a beautiful team to watch play...masterful, but, you know USA!!!!!

Such a hard thing to watch....I guess I would be happy with any outcome...Argentina is such a beautiful team to watch play...masterful, but, you know USA!!!!!

If you can't pass the ball you can't play soccer.

Considering that the US had 5 days they had no game plan, can't do the basic most simple things right...and it shows that Klinsmann cannot get the team to the next level.

If you can't pass the ball you can't play soccer.

Considering that the US had 5 days they had no game plan, can't do the basic most simple things right...and it shows that Klinsmann cannot get the team to the next level.

I expected to be outmatched...Argentina is stacked and deep, but damn...its like we are playing a style (long ball, full field crosses) that doesn't work anymore...not the beautiful game.

US soccer has a huge number of issues that start at the club level, but we do need to replace Klinsmann....

I expected to be outmatched...Argentina is stacked and deep, but damn...its like we are playing a style (long ball, full field crosses) that doesn't work anymore...not the beautiful game.

US soccer has a huge number of issues that start at the club level, but we do need to replace Klinsmann....
I'm not a Klinsmann fan, but's let's face it, there's not a coach in the world that gets the USA to beat La Albiceleste tonight. In fact, I can't think of one person in the US starting eleven who even makes the Argentinean roster. (Like even the B team roster.) The difference in quality is stark.

[TWEET]746841028338933760[/TWEET]

yeah-baby-pic.png

Also seeing reports in the UK and Italian media saying that we have had a world record bid for Paul Pogba accepted!

[TWEET]747353562028609536[/TWEET]

oh-my-takei_zps45fbdc2c.gif~c200

If only he had been developed in our own academy to save us the need to buy him for a world record fee:

pogba_3164701b.jpg

AAEAAQAAAAAAAALPAAAAJDgyNTUxZTM1LTlmNTItNGZkOC04MDA4LTY4MzIwYzBlM2E2Yg.jpg

This deal may not get done but even though it is embarrassing ... I for one would welcome the return of the prodigal son with open arms.

Back
Top Bottom