The Great Quarterback Debate... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Great Quarterback Debate...

SpeedRush99 said:
That made no sense.

Maybe one day it will. I don't care about the good fight...thats great...but have you read what you write..at times? We all go over the edge...I sometimes have a hard time remembering it's all opinion...and frankly it doesn't matter what we say...when you think of it. The only item that matters to me are the Dolphins...if it wasn't...I wouldn't be here.

fishypete said:
Maybe one day it will. I don't care about the good fight...thats great...but have you read what you write..at times? We all go over the edge...I sometimes have a hard time remembering it's all opinion...and frankly it doesn't matter what we say...when you think of it. The only item that matters to me are the Dolphins...if it wasn't...I wouldn't be here.

And I could easily say the same to you. Its quite obvious you don't care about the "good fight" cause I see you on the short hand of many a debate with plenty of members on these boards, but not once have I ever seen you admit fault. But to extent your right about the opinions, thats pretty much all we have to go on. There are no right or wrong answers for most of the squabbles that go on in here.

SpeedRush99 said:
And I could easily say the same to you. Its quite obvious you don't care about the "good fight" cause I see you on the short hand of many a debate with plenty of members on these boards, but not once have I ever seen you admit fault. But to extent your right about the opinions, thats pretty much all we have to go on. There are no right or wrong answers for most of the squabbles that go on in here.

Hmmm...It's really all opinions...and repeating what you just wrote...no right or wrong answers here...why would I have to admit fault?

Talk about double talk...Geez.

fishypete said:
Hmmm...It's really all opinions...and repeating what you just wrote...no right or wrong answers here...why would I have to admit fault?

Talk about double talk...Geez.

Believe it or not some discussions are actually based on facts.

SpeedRush99 said:
Believe it or not some discussions are actually based on facts.

I know...I post a few of them. Video's also are great...like I said...seeing is believing.:wink:

fishypete said:
I find it sad that some here believe they have a clue...when they don't have any idea what their doing. It's all opinion..Blue...yours, mine...his...every one.

Saying you don't agree is one thing...but saying you know for sure is just crap...and you know it. I'd look in the mirror and see who's embarrassing themselves...before you throw a stone.

Pete, you are the King of embarrassing yourself on this board.

Zach a safety? Remember that?

Here is an example of something you call an opinion, which is absolute fact:

Every scout and GM in the NFL will tell you they put much much more weight on the week of practice and the interviews Jay Cutler had than they do the game itself.

Yet you say that is not true?

BlueFin said:
Pete, you are the King of embarrassing yourself on this board.

Zach a safety? Remember that?

Here is an example of something you call an opinion, which is absolute fact:

Every scout and GM in the NFL will tell you they put much much more weight on the week of practice and the interviews Jay Cutler had than they do the game itself.

Yet you say that is not true?

Yea..it was slow week....If your going to state what a person say's blue...at least get it correct....what I said was the practices have there place...but so do the games...if you don't think so...ask Rivers. If you take all the draft people and ask them if Cutler had a great practice...I'll bet you'll find it was just average. Did he WOW them Blue...was he off the charts? NOPE.
Now add the game...way below average...unless you like 6 for 19...do you?
Add that fact that the news is he had the smallest hands at the senior Bowl for a QB...Does that help him Blue? I'll repeat what a smarter person than us said about interviews...don't get excited about them...about what team has them...their just doing their jobs. He's right isn't he Blue? It is their jobs to interview players...and especially when they aren't restricted like the combine..it makes sense to interview as many as you can...it's call covering your bases.

i know jon gruden liked what he saw in cadillac williams in practice, and didn't even want to see him in the game (sat him after only a few carries in fact), and he drafted him.

nopony said:
People that can "almost win" are worth exactly the same as people that can "totally lose". :wink:

OK, this makes absolutely no sense! The fact that a VANDERBILT COMMODORS team with far inferior talent was even close to beating the Gators tells me that he does make those around him better! He then beat the Vols, he plays in one of the toughest conferences in all of football and led a very.... lets be honest bad team to an almost .500 record.

fishypete said:
O.K. Young was the number 1 QB and player in the Nation, coming out of High School...Young was a man playing with boys in High School...Young played behind the center in High School....now...Young was a man playing with boys in college...he made some future number one linebackers and other defenders look silly...he won numerous awards and the National championship...and I believe most would say he won that game, almost single handedly, 467 yds combined offense...when is the last time a QB has done that in a Bowl game of that stature?
He's 6'5" 235 runs a 4.4/40...he can throw as far as anyone in the draft...and if he isn't a proven winner and leader...I don't know what anyone would be looking for in a player.

What did my post have to do with any of this?

My feeling on Cutler is that you eventually could develope whitehurst, JACOBS, or Croyle with our coaching staff to be just as good if not better.

Jay Cutler is a little ****y right now cus his head has been blown up by the media and scouts and guys like Mike mayock. I think he has been sold to the public a little overboard because all the fans already built him up before hand.

Im tellin ya'll right now. Saban will not reach for Cutler even at 16. He wants someone like the Jets to get him so Saban can take Greenway to beat Cutler for the next 5-10 years. Saban will have guys like Huff and Greenway and a few others rated high and he will be hoping one of those guys falls to us to get the value. That is what he wants.

finfan54 said:
My feeling on Cutler is that you eventually could develope whitehurst, JACOBS, or Croyle with our coaching staff to be just as good if not better.

Jay Cutler is a little ****y right now cus his head has been blown up by the media and scouts and guys like Mike mayock. I think he has been sold to the public a little overboard because all the fans already built him up before hand.

Im tellin ya'll right now. Saban will not reach for Cutler even at 16. He wants someone like the Jets to get him so Saban can take Greenway to beat Cutler for the next 5-10 years. Saban will have guys like Huff and Greenway and a few others rated high and he will be hoping one of those guys falls to us to get the value. That is what he wants.

That's exactly how I see it.

- Young/Leinart
-Cutler/Croyle/Whitehurst/Jacobs

Nicky Napoleon said:
OK, this makes absolutely no sense! The fact that a VANDERBILT COMMODORS team with far inferior talent was even close to beating the Gators tells me that he does make those around him better! He then beat the Vols, he plays in one of the toughest conferences in all of football and led a very.... lets be honest bad team to an almost .500 record.

Tenn stunk this year...big deal...and maybe the Gators aren't that good a team.

Back
Top Bottom