The Heisman | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Heisman

Originally posted by Dajesus
Congrats EXPO. I still don't think he deserved it, but I got out voted. This is bad for you though. Now he won't amount to anything in the NFL. Not only will he have to overcome the Heisman jinx, but it is quite possible he will have to overcome the Bengals' jinx.

Haaa! :lol: That's actually the first thing I thought of after I got over the shock of him actually winning. The funny thing here is that my wife actually asked me right before they announced the winners who I thought was going to win and I told her that I thought it should be Palmer, but because most of the powers that be were against him, I guessed it would either be L.J. or Banks. When they announced his name I jumped up like Ricky had just scored the game winning TD in the Super Bowl! I'm pretty excited, but I did feel kinda bad for Banks and L.J. as either one of them could have one this award and would have been deserving.

I'm hoping that all the rumors of the Bengals wanting out of the top spot in the draft are true because there's not a single one of the QB's who are likely to be taken in the top 10 that I would wish the Bungles on- especially Palmer, Banks, or Leftwich. Oh well, I'll just have to hope for the best.

Fin-atic bro, you need to chill with the bitter grapes about Dorsey, most unbiased observers will tell you he really didn't deserve this award. He's on a great team that will probably win the national championship going away, but he clearly was not the best athelete in the country. The only thing that he had going for him was the win/loss column, but otherwise, he just wasn't all that impressive.

I also can't believe that you're trying to play the "biased media" card when no West Coast player has won the Heisman in 21 years! It's not due to the fact that there haven't been candidates who were clearly better than the eventual winner (Harrington was clearly a better QB than Crouch, but Crouch got it anyway.) As for the Canes, they are media darlings. They're all that's talked about on ESPN, and they even get major run in the papers over here on the West Coast, so to say that the media is biased against Miami is simply ludicrous.

Let it go, hope McGahee comes back for his junior year and is as impressive next year as he was this year, and I'm sure he'll win the award going away. Otherwise, there's no reason to continue trumping Dorsey, this wasn't his award to win.

Once again, How can Dorsey be a product of his "team" and his team mates not win several major awards, Actually only two made it on the AP all pro team. AP hmmm, thats the media. Now tell me again how there is no prejudice from the media against Miami??

Once again,(honestly do you gusy read?) Dorsey didn't have to throw it all over. The Canes were balanced and dominant. Why would he keep throwing it when they are up by 3 scores? Why would Miami make Dorsey throw it all over the place when they have McGahee? They are balanced!!! He didn't have to people!!

Just like Joe Montana.

It stinks, and it is an ebarrassment to college football. Yet everyone was okay handing the award to Weinke and to Crouch?? C'mon!!!! Same writers, same voters, be consistent.

Once again F_____ the Heisman. Its a joke and a sham.

The Heismann is a total farce. They need to make up thier minds if its a career achievement award or for nly that season. If it's not a career achievement award, why did a scrub like Eric Crouch win it last year? If it's for this season, it should have gone to McGahee or Dorsey. Carson Palmer? All he did was beat an average Notre Dame team whose claim to fame? The Gator Bowl. Everyone wants to shoot holes in Dorsey's game but the bottom line is he is 38-1 and has a chance to finish with back to back championships. With the game on the line, there isn't a better college QB out there.

What blows me away is that Willis and Ken were dead last in the voting?!?!? Puhlease! And Larry Johnson? Where was he in the big games? Yes, he got 2000 yds but in the 4 games that he had the biggest yardage, he was going against horrendeous run defenses. McGahee on the other hand is a complete back (run/catch/block) and has done it vs stiffer competition.

While I'm at it, how come the Canes didn't get any offensive awards with players like Dorsey, McGahee, Winslow, and Johnson? What a hose job! And Larry Coker gets no consideration for Coach of the Year after going unbeaten for 2 straight years, a nat championship, and the chance to get another? Again, the anti-Cane bias is there in full effect!

Having said that, the Canes are going to use this as another source of motivation come Fiesta Bowl time as the Buckeyes will be facing a very angry Canes team.

Originally posted by fin-atic
Nothing for the most dominant team in the history of college ball.

F ___the Hiesman.:fire:

They still have another 13 games to go before this statement would be true.

As far as individual awards. I will say this.

Dorsey: Not the best didn't get an award....fair

McGahee: In my opinion by far the best running back this season.
should have gotten all the awards for RB....unfair

Winslow: Will get his chance best TE this season.

Johnson: Didn't have the numbers. Mainly because Miami spread the ball to all of their other players. Not a knock against Johnson I think he really good.

I can't believe I didn't come around for the Heisman argument.

First off I must say that I was right all along & picked Carson Palmer as the Heisman winner at the beginning of the year & said he was the best QB in the nation(if you don't believe me just go to the espn board & ask). My prediction for next year's Heisman is Maurice Clarett.

Secondly Larry Johnson didn't even deserve to come in third place in the Heisman voting. How can a guy who racked up 2000 against a bunch of scrub teams even be considered. He played only 3 teams with a top 50 defense; Ohio St, Iowa, Michigan, & what did he do vs them. Very damn little, didn't even accumulate 300 yards rushing total in the 3 games combined. He didn't step his game up in the big games & his team subsequently lost. That's why he didn't win, thank goodness.

Well this convo is dead way to be johny on the spot. Anywho I just hope the Bengals take Palmer and he fails misrably and you and Expo can suck on it. This wasn't meant to be a personal attack I just hate Palmer and USC, and the fact that he had the fortune of playing in the PAC 10. Every defense in the whole conference is a joke, well maybe USC has a D, but he didn't play them.

Yeah I was just a little late, but I hate to disappoint you, but the Bengals have already stated that they are not taking a QB with the first pick & want to trade down so that they can take either Jimmy Kennedy or William Joseph, thank goodness.

Carson Palmer is the only reason that I have liked USC the past three years. I used to hate them when Keyshawn was there, & I'll probably go back to hating them once Palmer leaves. One player on USC to keep an eye on is true-freshman WR Mike Williams. He was probably the best WR(or 2nd to McDonald) in the Pac-10. Can only get better.

Originally posted by SMadison29
Yeah I was just a little late, but I hate to disappoint you, but the Bengals have already stated that they are not taking a QB with the first pick & want to trade down so that they can take either Jimmy Kennedy or William Joseph, thank goodness.

Carson Palmer is the only reason that I have liked USC the past three years. I used to hate them when Keyshawn was there, & I'll probably go back to hating them once Palmer leaves. One player on USC to keep an eye on is true-freshman WR Mike Williams. He was probably the best WR(or 2nd to McDonald) in the Pac-10. Can only get better.

I think you are talking more about speculation from the Bengals camp rather than facts. No team would be that moronic to say who they wanted in the draft befor the season was over. It would take away all of their barganing power.

I think Keyshawn is the reason I hate USC so much. He is also 1 half of the reason I hate the Bucs. Of course Sapp is the other reason.

I think the Bengals will take Kennedy from PSU. This may surprise some of you, but Jon Kitna is actually doing a good job. His QB rating is around 85 and Chad Johnson only needs a few more yards to hit 1000. The Bengals defense is pathetic, they gave up 52 points to Carolina, a terrible offense, and you can run and pass all over them. They will definetly take a defensive player in the first round, and it will probably be a DT.

This was posted 5 days ago(12/16)

Bengals | Looking Ahead - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
8:54 PT: Len Pasquarelli reports for ESPN.com talk around the league is there is no way the Cincinnati Bengals, if they have the top overall choice in the draft, will invest big money in one of the top quarterback prospects. Owner Mike Brown would reportedly rather trade down and use the later pick in the round on a defensive tackle.

That is speculation. Len doesn't work for the Bengals. Mike Brown asked the league for help finding him a GM to run personal and football descions earlier this week, so what he sais now won't matter if he brings someone in. Side note the last time an owner went to the NFL offices and asked for help finding a GM was in the '60s when the NY Giants did it.

That being said I hope the Bengals don't draft a QB honestly becuase it would be horrible to waste another young talented QB. The NFL can't afford it. My bet would be that Len is right, and Cincy will trade down and take a CB or DT, but you never know with the Bungles. A big thing to think about is the fans are starting to give up on this team, but a Heisman QB could put people in the seats.

From what I've heard from Chris Mortenson, Mike Brown isn't willing to give up running the Bungles like a "Ma and Pa" grocerie store just yet. It's pretty pathetic that guys like Brown, Bill Bidwell (Arizona, Cardinals), and Donald Sterling (Clippers) are allowed to own and ruin sports franchises. I wish there was some kind of provision of ownership where an owner who does absolutlely nothing to improve his/her franchise for several years, could be forced to sell the franchise. I really don't want to see any young NFL prospect go to the Bungles or Retardinals ever again as long as they're owned by those two knobs.

Back
Top Bottom