The ideal quarterback for Miami to draft! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The ideal quarterback for Miami to draft!

Swollcolb

Active Roster
Reaction score
Let me preface this post by saying Tua is our franchise QB. He is the best college quarterback I’ve evaluated and I’m still so excited to have him as our QB. With that being said I think Miami should consider drafting Kyle Trask in rounds 2-3. Kyle Trask was a backup QB in Highschool in manvel Texas he backed up Miami Hurricanes QB D’eriq king in HS, he didn’t transfer, he didn’t pout that he wasn’t the starter he worked and continued to develop. He had virtually no major offers until he went to a Florida Junior day and balled out and got an offer to come to Florida. He played behind highly recruited QB Feliepe Franks for 2.5 years, again despite not being the starter he didn’t transfer he continued to work on himself and develop. Against Kentucky when Florida was getting dominated Feliepe franks suffered a brutal injury and Trask was inserted into the lineup on the fly, he delivered an epic comeback victory. Since that point he’s progressively gotten better and should win the Heisman trophy. He’s a smart guy, he’s got a big arm, he’s accurate but not the most athletic. But he’s probably the most experienced backup QB in college football history.

Let me preface this post by saying I don't care who Miami or anybody else drafts. I just evaluate talent.

Might be stretching the big arm, but you're pretty spot on with this one. He's a bigger less athletic Joe Burrow. He knows where to go with the football.

Let me preface this post by saying I don't care who Miami or anybody else drafts. I just evaluate talent.

Might be stretching the big arm, but you're pretty spot on with this one. He's a bigger less athletic Joe Burrow. He knows where to go with the football.
That’s a very good comparison. A bigger less athletic Joe Burrow is an awesome prospect to have and develop as a backup QB. And as much as I love Tua I do think having a reliable high upside backup is very important.

Hasn't he played himself into the 1st round at this point?

I think it is more likely that Miami finds a FA vet to replace Fitz than draft one this year.

Do you want to back up a 2nd year player with an untested rookie?

Rosen must have really turned them off because he would make an ideal backup, cheap with some experience.

Too bad he can't play.

Hasn't he played himself into the 1st round at this point?

I think it is more likely that Miami finds a FA vet to replace Fitz than draft one this year.

Do you want to back up a 2nd year player with an untested rookie?

Rosen must have really turned them off because he would make an ideal backup, cheap with some experience.

Too bad he can't play.
I don’t think Trask will go high because i don’t think the upside is too high with him. This is a QB heavy draft

I don’t think Trask will go high because i don’t think the upside is too high with him. This is a QB heavy draft
Yes, but Lawrence and Fields will go top 5. Then for SF, Detroit, Chicago, TB, even Min, Indy, there will be a decision between Trask, Wilson, Mac Jones, Lance. I think he will go in the first.

I don't think this is a QB heavy draft at all. With that I think he'll go higher than you're thinking.

Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Trey Lance, Zach Wilson, and Mac Jones I think will all go higher than him. 5 QBs in the first round is a QB heavy draft at least in terms of round 1

But yeah I mean Trask could definitely continue play his way into an early pick especially if he has a strong draft process. But if he slides into round 2 it may be worth looking at especially with Tuas injury history

Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Trey Lance, Zach Wilson, and Mac Jones I think will all go higher than him. 5 QBs in the first round is a QB heavy draft at least in terms of round 1
I don't see 5 going in the first

I don't see 5 going in the first
Yeah I’m not sure I do either which is why I was thinking Trask may be available In round 2. Those 5 guys I listed have all been mocked higher than Trask and all are more physically gifted

I know it’s a popular thought to draft a back up and not worry about it. And I’m not against taking a flyer late, but I prefer a vet behind Tua the next couple years.

I don’t want an entire QB room to be green.

I know it’s a popular thought to draft a back up and not worry about it. And I’m not against taking a flyer late, but I prefer a vet behind Tua the next couple years.

I don’t want an entire QB room to be green.
Any suggestions? I'm really curious to see if Fitz is interested. I bet he'd stick around another year... for 5M

Any suggestions? I'm really curious to see if Fitz is interested. I bet he'd stick around another year... for 5M

The obvious is Fitz. I would love to keep him around. I believe he will want to stick around. I doubt he will be given the chance at a starting spot elsewhere. But someone like Andy Dalton, Brian Hoyer, Joe Flacco, etc. would make sense.

Back
Top Bottom