The ideal quarterback for Miami to draft! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The ideal quarterback for Miami to draft!

The obvious is Fitz. I would love to keep him around. I believe he will want to stick around. I doubt he will be given the chance at a starting spot elsewhere. But someone like Andy Dalton, Brian Hoyer, Joe Flacco, etc. would make sense.
I would not want any of those three around Tua influencing his play.

I would like to keep Fitz too and i agree that it is unlikely that a team will offer him the starting job.

But he might have an opportunity to compete somewhere, which he will not have in Miami.

A team like Philly or Chicago could bring him in and give him the chance to win the job for example.

I have not looked at who will be on the market as vet backup types so I don't know what their options might be.

I am a fan of Trask.

Smart. Accurate. Dedicated - good kid by all accounts.

He's going to do well for somebody.

I'm going to keep coming back to Andy Dalton. Of all of the available veteran QBs, he is the one with the most time actually spent on the field... and he had some very nice years in Cincinnati. Like Tannehill, I think the problems were not really the fault of the QB. Dalton at 34 (next year) could start for 8-10 teams in the NFL right now and he has to make a choice for next year. Go be a bridge QB on a bad team, get his ass handed to him behind a crappy line every week, or spend a few years behind a young starter acting as his sounding board.

His contract with Dallas was for a mere 3 million... less than what we pay Fitzpatrick. When FA starts, if Fitz declines to re-up, Dalton is the first QB that I call. Miami has got to be more attractive landing spot than that mess down in Dallas.

If Fitz wants to stay on as back up I'm good with that.
Otherwise add a vet like Dalton

I don't want any part of Dalton around Tua. No thanks. He would take his progression backwards.
To me it's either Fitz or you move on, Tua is the natural leader and you draft a 4th or 5th rounder as a developmental backup.

So you're basing how good a player is in meetings and mentoring and in the locker room based on stats? Dalton definitely had a better career than Ryan Fitzpatrick, as Feverdream mentioned.
Terrible argument.
The results of Dalton preparation are his game play and results.

But please since you know how amazing he is at meeting prep and mentoring, post vids. Id be more than happy to review and compare to his actual game play.

Terrible argument.
The results of Dalton preparation are his game play and results.

But please since you know how amazing he is at meeting prep and mentoring, post vids. Id be more than happy to review and compare to his actual game play.

what lol. You said you’d want Fitz back, but his gamy play and results are worse.

Regardless, that means nothing to me. I want a vet that is good in the QB room. There’s plenty of stories out there about how important QBs have been in the QB room. Back ups that aren’t very good, but are coach like in the film room and on the sidelines.

you’d rather have a rookie thrown into that role. I’d rather not. Period.

what lol. You said you’d want Fitz back, but his gamy play and results are worse.

Regardless, that means nothing to me. I want a vet that is good in the QB room. There’s plenty of stories out there about how important QBs have been in the QB room. Back ups that aren’t very good, but are coach like in the film room and on the sidelines.

you’d rather have a rookie thrown into that role. I’d rather not. Period.
Fitz has the proven prep work. Also a Harvard grad. Also is already in house. Completely the opposite of Dalton.

Back
Top Bottom