The ideal quarterback for Miami to draft! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The ideal quarterback for Miami to draft!

I don't think you should plan on a rookie being your backup.

You are talking about a move like Philly drafting Hurts last year, but they did that because they were not confident in Wentz and knew they might need a new starter sooner than later.

The Fins would be drafting a developmental guy who could become the backup in time.

I am fine with them doing that but they need to have a vet QB on hand as well.

Without seeing the draft board I would not want to see them draft a QB before Round 4 but you never know what opportunity might present itself before then, a kid like Desmond Ritter might be too hard to pass on in Round 3 if they like him enough. He would make an excellent backup to Tua since he can do a lot of the things Tua does and would seemingly fit into the offense quite comfortably.

I think he will probably go earlier than the Fins 3rd rounder, he has the look of a real sleeper/steal for someone with some patience.
Absolutely agree... next year, we should carry three QBs. Tua, a vet, and a drafted rookie. Let's face facts, we've never had a QB rise from the practice squad and accomplish anything. Hell, we don't even let them play.

Draft another QB... especially if someone we like slips a bit, which is entirely possible given the number of available QBs this year.

Back
Top Bottom