The ideal quarterback for Miami to draft! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The ideal quarterback for Miami to draft!

Fitz career: 61% 222 TD to 169 Int and 82.2 rating. Pretty much exactly to Dalton.

Weve already said we’d want Fitz back first. But it’s not to us or the Dolphins whether he even wants to be in that role with us. If not, these are the other vet options lol

Any suggestions? I'm really curious to see if Fitz is interested. I bet he'd stick around another year... for 5M

Mitchell Trubisky comes to mind. He won't get any starting offers unless it's to bridge for another QB selection. Might as well take a 2-3 year contract and collect some of that big time back up QB coin and who knows, maybe he will get another shot down the road. Matt Schaub has a $100 million in the bank so sometimes you gotta be patient.

Jimmy Garapolo might be looking for work in February as Matt Ryan should be taking that starting gig in SF.

Gardner Minshew? I am guessing there is a strong chance Minshew is starting over Justin Fields next year in Jax and then looking for a new job in 2022. I'm assuming he's signed for another season pretty cheap in Jax.

No to Nick Foles.

No to Jameis Winston.

No to Cam Newton.

RG3? Hmm maybe but I'm guessing he likes the job he has.

I like Trask as a back up option but I'm not passing on a potential starter to do so. Certainly not pulling the trigger in the 2nd round on a QB.

Looking at all these names I'm okay with not having some crap vet if Fitz leaves. Draft someone late to develop behind Tua.

Did someone really say Turdbisky. I've submitted you be banned for one week to think about what you posted.

They need to have a viable QB behind Tua in case of injury.

They are going to be legit playoff team next year, you can't have a developmental rookie backing him up.

It has to be a Fitz level guy you would trust to play a game or two.

I may be in the minority but if we cant keep Fitzmagic 2 more years we go after Winston or draft Ridder.
Some of those names scare the bejesus out of me.Not like Winston doesnt though.

Team has Reid Sinnett. I think with his valuable time on the PS he could become Tua’s backup.

Let me preface this post by saying Tua is our franchise QB. He is the best college quarterback I’ve evaluated and I’m still so excited to have him as our QB. With that being said I think Miami should consider drafting Kyle Trask in rounds 2-3. Kyle Trask was a backup QB in Highschool in manvel Texas he backed up Miami Hurricanes QB D’eriq king in HS, he didn’t transfer, he didn’t pout that he wasn’t the starter he worked and continued to develop. He had virtually no major offers until he went to a Florida Junior day and balled out and got an offer to come to Florida. He played behind highly recruited QB Feliepe Franks for 2.5 years, again despite not being the starter he didn’t transfer he continued to work on himself and develop. Against Kentucky when Florida was getting dominated Feliepe franks suffered a brutal injury and Trask was inserted into the lineup on the fly, he delivered an epic comeback victory. Since that point he’s progressively gotten better and should win the Heisman trophy. He’s a smart guy, he’s got a big arm, he’s accurate but not the most athletic. But he’s probably the most experienced backup QB in college football history.
A QB that high?

I'd call for Grier's resignation. I think we can get Desmond Ridder in the 5th. That would be a steal.

A QB that high?

I'd call for Grier's resignation. I think we can get Desmond Ridder in the 5th. That would be a steal.
Yeah that is a little high for me too. I just think fit wise he’d be good. Even a third round pick is a little rich

The Fins have an extra 6th rounder they could use on a QB but i doubt they draft one earlier than that unless it is a BPA situation where someone falls far enough that they can't pass on him.

It does not make sense to back up Tua with a rookie or to use a prime pick on one this year.

The Fins have an extra 6th rounder they could use on a QB but i doubt they draft one earlier than that unless it is a BPA situation where someone falls far enough that they can't pass on him.

It does not make sense to back up Tua with a rookie or to use a prime pick on one this year.
If we have a 2nd-3rd round grade on a guy who slips to us in the 4th round, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Having a second young talented QB is such a luxury. Even if you never need him, he has trade value... and let's face it, QBs are hurt... a lot, and our guy has a history.

I'll never balk at a QB pick in the 2-3rd round no matter who your starter is unless its totally out of whack ie. Pat White. Especially if that pick is your immediate backup. There's just so few cases where you're not going to at the very least your value back somehow given how QB hungry the NFL is right now.

I don't think you should plan on a rookie being your backup.

You are talking about a move like Philly drafting Hurts last year, but they did that because they were not confident in Wentz and knew they might need a new starter sooner than later.

The Fins would be drafting a developmental guy who could become the backup in time.

I am fine with them doing that but they need to have a vet QB on hand as well.

Without seeing the draft board I would not want to see them draft a QB before Round 4 but you never know what opportunity might present itself before then, a kid like Desmond Ritter might be too hard to pass on in Round 3 if they like him enough. He would make an excellent backup to Tua since he can do a lot of the things Tua does and would seemingly fit into the offense quite comfortably.

I think he will probably go earlier than the Fins 3rd rounder, he has the look of a real sleeper/steal for someone with some patience.

This is the guy at #3 overall. Kyle Trask. This guy is like Peyton Manning or Luck. Gotta take him.
Or if the Jets take him. Then Wilson. It's has to be QB at 3.

Back
Top Bottom