***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.*** | Page 354 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.***

Status
Not open for further replies.
nick1 said:
I don't think so, when the Pistons don't give the Heat credit for winning a game that means they don't respect them. all the Pistons did was whine about not having enough rest and not playing their best. they made excuses to why they lost and never gave the Heat credit for winning and being the better team that day. Wade brought that up in his last interview after the game 2 lost. he gave the Pistons credit for winning that game but said that the Pistons never gave his team credit for winning game 1. he hinted that the Pistons don't respect the Heat. this seris is going to get ugly

Wade did the exact same thing, he said give them credit and then proceeded to say we didn't make shots, they fouled me all game, blah blah blah. As fans of the Heat, you'll never see that though.

I've seen more whining in just this thread than I've ever seen from any Piston not named Rasheed Wallace.

The two teams respect each other and it's obvious to me. How any fan of basketball wouldn't respect a team short on talent, but long on heart is beyond me. I respect a lot of teams that I don't like, I would hope Heat fans would show the same courtesy.

Ronnieisabeast said:
I was 11 when I become a basketball fan , and happened to live near detriot(which i still do). Sorry for not becoming a pistons fan when I didn't even like the game.By the way they weren't very good in 2002.

You don't have to defend yourself on when you became a fan. For all we know, you didn't even watch basketball until 2002.

PhinsTD said:
Wade did the exact same thing, he said give them credit and then proceeded to say we didn't make shots, they fouled me all game, blah blah blah. As fans of the Heat, you'll never see that though.

I've seen more whining in just this thread than I've ever seen from any Piston not named Rasheed Wallace.

The two teams respect each other and it's obvious to me. How any fan of basketball wouldn't respect a team short on talent, but long on heart is beyond me. I respect a lot of teams that I don't like, I would hope Heat fans would show the same courtesy.

Wade was mocking what the Pistons said after game 1. The Pistons said.."we got any shot we wanted, we were tired, we just missed shots" after game 1.

If you really believe that only Rasheed Wallace is a whining baby...then you have seen the Pistons play very little. EVERY SINGLE PISTON STARTER and Lyndsey Hunter/McDyese ARGUE EVERY SINGLE CALL that goes against them. You are being very disingenious by saying that only Sheed is a whiner.

Just got home and about to finally go to sleep, but lemme just add to the discussion:

I have a tremendous amount of RESPECT for the Detroit Pistons. Always have, always will. When Detroit beat us last year, I cheered them on to beat the Spurs. The previous year even though we weren't "rivals" yet, I cheered them on to beat the Lakers who almost every fan outside of their fanbase disliked. If Detroit defeats Miami again this year, then guess what? I'll probably cheer them on in the Finals. Outside of the RESPECT factor, I happen to be a fan of Chauncey Billups, Rip Hamilton, and Rasheed Wallace. The only Detroit Piston I truly dislike is Tayshaun Prince, and not because of what he's currently doing to Miami - I just dislike the guy and how he cries so much with that ugly shape of his. I'd kill myself if I were shaped that way, to hell with basketball skills and potential fame/money/respect.

Off to bed, finally at last after a great night. Hopefully, tomorrow night will be great as well, highlighted with a lot of Miami Heat smiles during the postgame press conferences shown on ESPN News - up 2-1.

One thing Id like to add

Contested shots, keep getting a hand up in their faces they had a great shooting night Thursday, but the cant shoot like that every night, also at the end of halves and quarters, DONT allow them to shoot a wide open 3, I know you want to protect the basket from a drive, but you cant just leave them WIDE open, when you look back that 3 pointers before halftime cost us the game....

Other than that just play our game....dont let them dictate the pace and do what THEY want to do

Ronnieisabeast said:
No the pistons players were more like we just played as bad as we could in the last 2:00 and the refs were bad too, but we still won. I just go to this thread to go a laugh now. I love hearing you guys think you are going to win in 5 or even 6. Williams, Walker, and payton are all bad. The pistons worst starter is better than all three.Pistons in 6.

Gary Payton is one of the best players in NBA history :lol: and he still has some juice

Walker is bad your right no-one here likes him but I'll still take him over Rasheed Wallace because he might suck sometimes but he doesnt flap his mouth like he is the greatest

J-Will who is molesting your team off the dribble every time he tries :lol:

If they suck then just let me say I want 5 players who suck on the floor at all times

PhinsTD said:
How do you define when you give respect or not? Winning a championship should get you respect for the rest of time. This is the same team that won a title and lost a Game 7 Final on the road.

Miami may win this series, but I just don't get the hatred for Detroit. You sound like a younger brother who keeps getting beat by his older brother when you do that.

Miami has a good team, with one unbelievable superstar (Wade) and one old timer trying to do it again (Shaq). Detroit would love to have Wade and he's better than any player on their team w/o a doubt. This may be enough to get by the Pistons, and if they do, I'll be right here rooting them on in the Finals.

But rest assured, win or lose, the Heat players respect the Pistons, just as the Pistons respect the Heat.

When they start talking like they respect us maybe we will show some back

I mean we only won game 1 because you were tired right?

PhinsTD said:
You don't have to defend yourself on when you became a fan. For all we know, you didn't even watch basketball until 2002.
nice call, I didn't watch basketball until 2002, but somebody was bashing me for not liking the pistons than. I'm gald we have some smart heat fans in this thread

PhinsTD said:

Haha actually his words were

'Unlike the Pistons were gonna give them credit for winning this game'

I dont respect any team that trashes mine, or anyone elses

dob72 said:
50-32 is actully pretty good
Yeah I knew somebody was going to say ,but keep in mind they were playing in a very bad eastern conference. I think they got sweept by the nets that year. They just weren't very talented. They starting becoming really good once that they got Sheed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom