The Most Underrated Dolphin Player? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Most Underrated Dolphin Player?

I'll probably get killed for this but:

Channing Crowder.

He led the team in tackles in 2007, was 2nd in 2008, and 6th in 2009 despite only playing in 13 games. Everyone always knocks on him, because he's not a pro bowl ILB like we had for years in Thomas... but to be honest, for what he does and how cheap his contract is, I think he's pretty underrated. In fact... in 2008, he finished just with just 6 less tackles than Dansby, even though he played in 3 less games.

crowder is not underrated, he is way overrated. Cheap contract? i think for 44 tackles, and zero impact plays he makes quite good money.
To compare him to Dansby is blasphemy.
A 70 year old Thomas in weelchair would be better.
But i respect your opinion, alltough i don't agree with you.

crowder is not underrated, he is way overrated. Cheap contract? i think for 44 tackles, and zero impact plays he makes quite good money.
To compare him to Dansby is blasphemy.
A 70 year old Thomas in weelchair would be better.
But i respect your opinion, alltough i don't agree with you.

Yeah I agree with that and that his 2009 season was a bit of a joke... maybe underrated wasn't correct... disliked is maybe more appropriate to be honest. I'll also take Thomas every day of the week no matter what. I also agree that Dansby is a much better impact player, but he WAS just behind Dansby by a handfull of tackles on the NFL leaderboard in '08, that can't be disputed. I hope he shows us a little more this year.

Yeah I agree with that and that his 2009 season was a bit of a joke... maybe underrated wasn't correct... disliked is maybe more appropriate to be honest. I'll also take Thomas every day of the week no matter what. I also agree that Dansby is a much better impact player, but he WAS just behind Dansby by a handfull of tackles on the NFL leaderboard in '08, that can't be disputed. I hope he shows us a little more this year.

we all hope that, and he better produces or he is gone. And even though i critise him a lot, I would really love to see him turn into an acceptable ILB.
The sad thing with crowder is, that when he's gone our defense sucks even more. I takes more than a Dansby to fix that unit IMHO

i kind of agree he is underrated. Until last year he was doing a pretty damn good job as a linebacker for us. I do think lesser NT play did have an affect as well as a stupid scheme. Crowder is kind of the whipping boy and with the exception of last year I dont think he deserves it. some players are just better liked than others and it always isnt about production. look at the perception that Ricky faded down the strecth or did not have a good season and the heaping praise on another of our backs that he by far outperformed

If its outside the fins fan community, definitely Lousaka Polite. Within our own fans, its Greg Camarillo all the way. So many people I have seen talk about throwing him away, putting him on the side, and dude is pure clutch. Greg brought us back from the point of no return. The guy has made countless drive extending catches when they were desperately needed! Yet some people toss him aside like yesterdays trash.

Camarillo should ALWAYS have a roster spot on the Dolphins unless he is physically unable to perform or until he shows that he is no longer a clutch player. Lou has us covered on any down and 1 or 2 yards...but man has Greg come up big in dire situations.

If its outside the fins fan community, definitely Lousaka Polite. Within our own fans, its Greg Camarillo all the way. So many people I have seen talk about throwing him away, putting him on the side, and dude is pure clutch. Greg brought us back from the point of no return. The guy has made countless drive extending catches when they were desperately needed! Yet some people toss him aside like yesterdays trash.

Camarillo should ALWAYS have a roster spot on the Dolphins unless he is physically unable to perform or until he shows that he is no longer a clutch player. Lou has us covered on any down and 1 or 2 yards...but man has Greg come up big in dire situations.

This is what I've been sayaing. Cam and Polite are the two guys of offense who always make the play when we need it. Ricky, Ronnie, Bess, Hartline, even the dear-departed Ginn, have all made plays at times, but not nearly as reliable.

Randy Starks was an absolute beast last year but since he plays for a 3-4 he doesnt get much attn but he demands a double team.

Back
Top Bottom