The Official 06'-07' MIAMI RE-HEAT Thread. | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 06'-07' MIAMI RE-HEAT Thread.

305TillIDie said:
I hope miami get their act together..we play the nets on friday :whew:

I hope so too Riley will get on these guys.

Gawd...they played like crap.

No ball movement whatsoever.

Last year when the Bulls doubled SHAQ, we reversed the ball to the weak side and got opportunities at the basket or an open jumper.

Mike Ingles had an interesting stat. Out of double teams of SHAQ, the Heat took 21 shots (most of them open)...they made...DRUMROLL......ONE. LOL!

There defense was pathetic. No worry. This was a total throw away game. When you come out and try to play the worst game in franchise history, this is what it looks like.

Word is that Jalen Rose will sign this week.

This is not new...this team looked like crap last year whenever J-Will was out...that guy sets our tempo, and is a very good player to have against a pressure defense type of team.

Till J-Will comes back, they will need more of Wade at the point since Quinn looked like he didn't belong out there.

One thing to worry about is that this team really believes that they can just turn it on come playoff time...because that is exactly what they did last year. That mind set is not good.

In other words...it's a marathon guys...relax.

Am I the only guy here that thinks Antoine Walker doesn't deserve his starting position? This guy is the most inconsistent player I have ever witnessed in Heat history. He will shoot 21 points one night, and shoot 3 the next night.

If Jalen Rose does come in, he should be challenging Antwann Walker for the start.

Horrible loss. :nono: Wade played well but everyone else was :down:

LOL @ anyone taking this game seriously. I was there, and I expected Miami to be crushed by at least 10-15. This ring/banner/celebration thing is a huge distraction, and believe me.. this is a veteran team, not a young, energetic group. These guys could care less tonight, and it showed. Everyone was focused on that ring. It seems like Dwyane Wade was the only player who had any sense of urgency, and I'm not surprised. I'm not even upset or concerned - the only thing we saw tonight that's actually TRUE.. is that Antoine Walker is garbage. Let me say this though - with Walker starting 82 games, we're not winning more games than last year. He's actually a hal-decent player off the bench, but he's a TERRIBLE starter.. I'd rather watch Chris Quinn's non-existant *** start than Walker. Start Posey until Wright proves himself. While on that subject, Chris Quinn does not deserve to be on an NBA roster, or at least that of a defending champion. He didn't earn his spot.. Vincent Grier did. Credit J-Will's injury for Quinn's spot.

Chicago's players get to leave the arena at a meaningless 1-0 record, while Miami's players are leaving with those sexy azz rings.. I mean, who cares? Definitely not me. Regular season is as regular season is - meaningless, for the most part. This game was similar to that 30+ point blowout against Dallas last year.. it just holds no weight.

Miami > Detroit/Cleveland > Chicago/New Jersey.

It's still that way.......

EDIT: Also, Dorell Wright got hurt around October 18-19 and was expected to miss three weeks. He's back and this was his first game since the injury. However, he played with his hand or wrist (whatever it is) taped up. To my understanding, he wasn't expected to give it a go tonight, which is why he wasn't even in the rotation. They threw him in during scrub time to see how ready he is. He was clearly effected.

The Blueprint said:
LOL @ anyone taking this game seriously. I was there, and I expected Miami to be crushed by at least 10-15. This ring/banner/celebration thing is a huge distraction, and believe me.. this is a veteran team, not a young, energetic group. These guys could care less tonight, and it showed. Everyone was focused on that ring. It seems like Dwyane Wade was the only player who had any sense of urgency, and I'm not surprised. I'm not even upset or concerned - the only thing we saw tonight that's actually TRUE.. is that Antoine Walker is garbage. Let me say this though - with Walker starting 82 games, we're not winning more games than last year. He's actually a hal-decent player off the bench, but he's a TERRIBLE starter.. I'd rather watch Chris Quinn's non-existant *** start than Walker. Start Posey until Wright proves himself. While on that subject, Chris Quinn does not deserve to be on an NBA roster, or at least that of a defending champion. He didn't earn his spot.. Vincent Grier did. Credit J-Will's injury for Quinn's spot.

Chicago's players get to leave the arena at a meaningless 1-0 record, while Miami's players are leaving with those sexy azz rings.. I mean, who cares? Definitely not me. Regular season is as regular season is - meaningless, for the most part. This game was similar to that 30+ point blowout against Dallas last year.. it just holds no weight.

Miami > Detroit/Cleveland > Chicago/New Jersey.

It's still that way.......

EDIT: Also, Dorell Wright got hurt around October 18-19 and was expected to miss three weeks. He's back and this was his first game since the injury. However, he played with his hand or wrist (whatever it is) taped up. To my understanding, he wasn't expected to give it a go tonight, which is why he wasn't even in the rotation. They threw him in during scrub time to see how ready he is. He was clearly effected.
Couldn't agree more. And yes, Antoine Walker does suck. He's inconsistent, he blows, his defense is crap. I'm tired of people defending him. James Posey was more consistent and clutch in the postseason than Antoine could ever dream of. We won't win as many games as last year with him starting.

BRING IN JALEN ROSE.

It seems like everyone in the world can see that Walker is not a starting calibre SF....why Riley can't is beyond me. While the rest of the world goes towards small and quick the Heat are big and slow.

Meanwhile...Toine was a big reason the Heat won last year. If you want "clutch"..look at his performances against NJ and his game 6 performance against Dallas.

He needs to be used correctly.

Once we sign Jalen Rose....it will be roses because Rose will take away at least 8 minutes per game for Toine.

Toine is at his best as a PF getting 20 minutes per game.

Vertical Limit said:
Couldn't agree more. And yes, Antoine Walker does suck. He's inconsistent, he blows, his defense is crap. I'm tired of people defending him. James Posey was more consistent and clutch in the postseason than Antoine could ever dream of. We won't win as many games as last year with him starting.

BRING IN JALEN ROSE.

On top of your points the Heat do not have many consistent outside shooters i.e, Haslem, Payton and Posey... It was evident last year. Someone hopefully will step up this year...

I know that it is early... But the Heat will and must realize that you just can't take a night off on any team in the NBA. Especially Chicago! IMO the Bulls lately, have had their best shooting games against the Heat...

Back
Top Bottom