The Official 06'-07' MIAMI RE-HEAT Thread. | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 06'-07' MIAMI RE-HEAT Thread.

The Blueprint said:
LOL @ anyone taking this game seriously. I was there, and I expected Miami to be crushed by at least 10-15. This ring/banner/celebration thing is a huge distraction, and believe me.. this is a veteran team, not a young, energetic group. These guys could care less tonight, and it showed. Everyone was focused on that ring. It seems like Dwyane Wade was the only player who had any sense of urgency, and I'm not surprised. I'm not even upset or concerned - the only thing we saw tonight that's actually TRUE.. is that Antoine Walker is garbage. Let me say this though - with Walker starting 82 games, we're not winning more games than last year. He's actually a hal-decent player off the bench, but he's a TERRIBLE starter.. I'd rather watch Chris Quinn's non-existant *** start than Walker. Start Posey until Wright proves himself. While on that subject, Chris Quinn does not deserve to be on an NBA roster, or at least that of a defending champion. He didn't earn his spot.. Vincent Grier did. Credit J-Will's injury for Quinn's spot.

Chicago's players get to leave the arena at a meaningless 1-0 record, while Miami's players are leaving with those sexy azz rings.. I mean, who cares? Definitely not me. Regular season is as regular season is - meaningless, for the most part. This game was similar to that 30+ point blowout against Dallas last year.. it just holds no weight.

Miami > Detroit/Cleveland > Chicago/New Jersey.

It's still that way.......

EDIT: Also, Dorell Wright got hurt around October 18-19 and was expected to miss three weeks. He's back and this was his first game since the injury. However, he played with his hand or wrist (whatever it is) taped up. To my understanding, he wasn't expected to give it a go tonight, which is why he wasn't even in the rotation. They threw him in during scrub time to see how ready he is. He was clearly effected.

of course as a heat fan you'll say it doesnt matter but it is what is...a 30+ point loss

So it's ok to the Heat that they got there a**es handed to them opening night at home?.Champions would and should be embarrassed to lose like they did.Hey they did manage to set a new NBA record though,for the worst loss to start a season after winning a championship.Disguise it all you want Heat fans,but that was a piss poor showing.

i didnt care..and i was pretty sure miami was gonna lose..but i thought by 15..and doesnt anybody else think rose is washed up already?

Open your eyes rest of the league.The Bulls are for real.I know its only the first game, but last nights game was no fluke.They are real.As for the record,I think the previous record for a loss after a championship was only 15.How sad is that to know the Heat almost tripled that?

while i agree the bulls are good, they aren't going to be scoring that much every night. Duhon isn't going to score 20, barely 10 a night. They got 11 from their 12th man whcih isn't going to happen.

UCFinfan86 said:
while i agree the bulls are good, they aren't going to be scoring that much every night. Duhon isn't going to score 20, barely 10 a night. They got 11 from their 12th man whcih isn't going to happen.
They really wont have to.That D is gonna lock some teams up this year.

PHINATIC13 said:
So it's ok to the Heat that they got there a**es handed to them opening night at home?.Champions would and should be embarrassed to lose like they did.Hey they did manage to set a new NBA record though,for the worst loss to start a season after winning a championship.Disguise it all you want Heat fans,but that was a piss poor showing.
H is for Hater. :D

Geesh, we lose 1 game and all the Heat bashing begins. It will not be like this the next game. There going to go on a big winning streak.

The Heat's pursuit of Rose continued Tuesday. Miami very much wants to sign the swingman, but not before clarifying with Rose what his role will be if he chooses to sign with the team.
-- Miami Herald

Derek Anderson, who relinquished a $2.5 million salary to take a $600,000 buyout from Miami, told the Heat he would be overseas signing with a team this week
-- Miami Herald

icephinfan said:
Geesh, we lose 1 game and all the Heat bashing begins. It will not be like this the next game. There going to go on a big winning streak.

I hope you are correct... Because it is the biggest discussion for ESPN shows i.e., Around the Horn, PTI, and Sports Center.

Heats team looks unmotivated. Dwade is a stud but the rest of the team blows. To bad they didnt add some additional youth to this roster. Shaq will be lucky to make it through 60 games this season. Look like he's just going through the motion. But one thing about Shaq is that he always saves the best for the playoffs. Heats will be 3 or 4 seed but wont make it to ECF.

Buddwalk said:
of course as a heat fan you'll say it doesnt matter but it is what is...a 30+ point loss
Yeah, thanks for adding to the discussion with your own analysis. :rolleyes2

PHINATIC13 said:
Re-read my post, and everyone else's.

No one said it wasn't an ugly showing and embarrassing.

I simply said this game has no indication on the season.

icephinfan said:
I don't wonna predict anything spectacular until J-Will comes back and Posey re-enters the starting line-up at small forward. Walker is just a terrible small forward. I agree with whoever said he's better suited playing around 20 MPG at PF.

tucker said:
and doesnt anybody else think rose is washed up already?

Is he all-star caliber? No.

But he isn't washed up.. he can still contribute. He played pretty well on a terrible NY Knicks team last year. As a role player off the bench, he'd be a great option, especially if he's taking minutes away from Antoine Walker!

Another thing about Rose is that he's a good ballhandler. Once Dorell Wright gets healthy (another good ballhandler), we won't have to worry about seeing much of Chris Quinn anymore.

Section126 said:
Meanwhile...Toine was a big reason the Heat won last year. If you want "clutch"..look at his performances against NJ and his game 6 performance against Dallas.

He needs to be used correctly.

Once we sign Jalen Rose....it will be roses because Rose will take away at least 8 minutes per game for Toine.

Toine is at his best as a PF getting 20 minutes per game.
Dwyane Wade was the reason why the Heat won the championship. Without Wade, this team isn't going to Round 2 to play against the Nets.

Antoine Walker is the most inconsistent player on this team. Drop 20 points one night, and 3 points the next. You can defend him all you want, it's fact. He was the worse performer in our squad this preseason, and it showed last night.

I can care less about what he did last year. We won a championship, now I want another. It's about 2006-2007 now. If Antoine Walker continues to play like this by our 10th game, he MUST be benched.

I seriously don't think that Dorrell Wright could have done any worse than Antoine did last night. Those shots Antoine took were the most ridiculous looking shots I have ever witnessed. EVER. Bench his *** if he doesn't improve. Bring in the youth, who is rumored to be great on defense. Make Antoine Walker work harder to earn his starting position, especially since he has looked like he doesn't even belong in this league in the preseason.

Send a message to this entire team. Except for Wade and Shaq, everyone else is replaceable.

Vertical Limit said:
Dwyane Wade was the reason why the Heat won the championship. Without Wade, this team isn't going to Round 2 to play against the Nets.

Antoine Walker is the most inconsistent player on this team. Drop 20 points one night, and 3 points the next. You can defend him all you want, it's fact. He was the worse performer in our squad this preseason, and it showed last night.

I can care less about what he did last year. We won a championship, now I want another. It's about 2006-2007 now. If Antoine Walker continues to play like this by our 10th game, he MUST be benched.

I seriously don't think that Dorrell Wright could have done any worse than Antoine did last night. Those shots Antoine took were the most ridiculous looking shots I have ever witnessed. EVER. Bench his *** if he doesn't improve. Bring in the youth, who is rumored to be great on defense. Make Antoine Walker work harder to earn his starting position, especially since he has looked like he doesn't even belong in this league in the preseason.

Send a message to this entire team. Except for Wade and Shaq, everyone else is replaceable.

I think Haslem isn't replaceable for this team, he is the perfect player for this team, gets a ton of rebounds, doesn't require the ball or anything, the perfect role player for htis team, plsu he did a hell of a job last year guarding Dirk, so you know he can guard some of the great PFs in this league.

Back
Top Bottom