The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread | Page 44 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread

finswin56 said:
:fire: Damn you Jinx, I mean Boik. Wright K's w/ 1 out in 9th w/ bases loaded. Only to be followed by Floyd grounding out. Poor Trax, he must think the team doesn't like him. Zero runs in his last two outings, while Glavine gets to order up his run support.
What jinx brother? Looked good in a big spot last night! Wooot:cooldude:

Wow, 3-0 Muts over the Stankees...with Pedro on the mound. :eek:

I cannot talk rationally about yesterday's game. Seriously. Get back to me in about a month...by then I might be able to discuss it without projectile vomiting, speaking in tongues and fire shooting from my eyeballs.

From Jon Heyman this morning:

The A's requested either David Wright or Jose Reyes for Barry Zito. With Eric Chavez in the fold, I guess they'd have figured out what to do with Wright later.

Of course, the Mets retained their sanity, along with Wright and Reyes.

Understandably, the Mets now view Zito as a winter target.

Wright and Reyes aren't going anywhere, but the next most untouchable on the Mets' list, even ahead of Lastings Milledge, might be Mike Pelfrey.

And by the way, the Nationals have to know they aren't getting Milledge for Livan Hernandez, his $8-million salary and 6.04 ERA.

He also says Alay Soler, not Pelfrey, is getting the next callup.

phunwin said:
No kidding. Let's see, I have both SNY and YES...you'd think ONE of them would cover the game. I ended up watching the replay on YES this morning. I think it has something to do with the local networks, WOR and PIX (or whoever) having rights to the game, so SNY and YES don't have it.

I believe it was the Fox game of the week, so thats why it wasn't on, or just on Fox.

GreenMonster said:
I believe it was the Fox game of the week, so thats why it wasn't on, or just on Fox.

I meant Friday's game, not yesterday's.

Edit: Thanks though, for your Red Sox thumping the Phillies this weekend. At least we didn't lose any ground in the standings after yesterday's...I'm searching for the right word...disaster, catastrophe, pooch-screw, abortion, calamity of a game.

phunwin said:
I meant Friday's game, not yesterday's.

Edit: Thanks though, for your Red Sox thumping the Phillies this weekend. At least we didn't lose any ground in the standings after yesterday's...I'm searching for the right word...disaster, catastrophe, pooch-screw, abortion, calamity of a game.

abortion sounds right.. I still can't believe it.

FiN.in.RI said:
abortion sounds right.. I still can't believe it.

Done. Henceforth, yesterday's game shall be known as The Abortion at Shea Stadium.

As an aside, not that this makes me feel better, nor do I expect it to make any other Mets fans feel better, but that was the worst-played game I've seen by two good teams in a long time. Nobody deserved to win that game. The Mets just deserved it a little less, it seems.

phunwin said:
Done. Henceforth, yesterday's game shall be known as The Abortion at Shea Stadium.

As an aside, not that this makes me feel better, nor do I expect it to make any other Mets fans feel better, but that was the worst-played game I've seen by two good teams in a long time. Nobody deserved to win that game. The Mets just deserved it a little less, it seems.

Well not for nothing but, taking a shutout into the top of the ninth sounds like pretty good ball to me albeit I didn't watch the whole game.

Anyway it's too bad, I thought the Mets deserved to win that game but, that's baseball!

phunwin said:

The real story of the game is how the METS blew a 4-0 lead in the 9th to the likes of Kelly Stinnet. Melky Cabera, and Miguel Cario.

MikeO said:
The real story of the game is how the METS blew a 4-0 lead in the 9th to the likes of Kelly Stinnet. Melky Cabera, and Miguel Cario.

Hey thanks. I hadn't watched the game or anything. You want to piss in my beer, kick my cat and put sugar in my gas tank while you're at it?

Well, the Mets and Yanks traded wins that each team probably didn't deserve. How many Yanks were stranded tonight? I think the final count was 20.

The baseball world is back in karmic balance.

Back
Top Bottom