The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread | Page 46 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread

NJFINSFAN1 said:
OUCH!

THAT HURT!!!!!

:rolleyes:

I think it is better to get beat 10-1 than to lose a 16 inning game...not to mention what it does to your pitching staff. Ready for Game 2 tonight, and also the Yanks-Red Sox game. :tongue:

Ray Finkle said:
Breaking News from WFAN:

Jorge Julio has been traded for Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez

If El Duque can stay healthy he will help you guys out, we had him and he did very well for us.

Phils with 3 in the FIRST.....El Dookie ain't gonna help you Mets out. :lol:

Another one run loss by the Phillies. Fire Charlie Manuel NOW!!!! I am so sick of the way they lose all the time. I am burning my Phillies hat.

clear.gif

icephinfan said:
If El Duque can stay healthy he will help you guys out, we had him and he did very well for us.
most importantly: 9-3 with a 2.55era in the postseason. Id much rather have him starting/relieving in a big game for nym than julio.

If he just eats some innings and gets the era to around 4.-4.25 where he can keep nym in games thats fine for the regular season.

Ray Finkle said:
Breaking News from WFAN:

Jorge Julio has been traded for Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez

addition by subtraction with Julio.

MikeO said:
addition by subtraction with Julio.

After a horrible start, Julio has been much better, I might even say pretty good, but I can't argue with the deal.

Now its time for Heath Bell to live up to all the hype, we keep hearing about how good he is, and everytime he comes up he stinks.

GreenMonster said:
No more Lima Time. :boohoo:

Yeah, I'm all broken up. Really, I am. :lol:

God, Lima was terrible. Jeremi Gonzalez hasn't been a whole lot better. Hopefully, Hernandez and Soler will take the back two spots, and pitch well enough that they have a tough decision to make when Bannister's healthy again.

Huge win last night, though. With Gonzalez going tomorrow, that game was probably the rubber match for the series. Needless to say, I don't have a ton of faith in the Mets' ability to pull it out tomorrow.

As for El Duque, I think it's a quality deal, though I'm not exactly thrilled that we've effectively traded Kris Benson for Orlando Hernandez, John Maine, and 6 disastrous weeks of Jorge Julio. Hernandez's ERA and WHIP don't look too hot, but his K/BB ratio has been sterling. To me, that's a good sign that he's going to improve significantly. (Much as it's a sign that Brian Bannister is going to regress significantly...essentially the Mets just traded for the anti-Bannister.)

Oh, and incidentally, I think Heath Bell is a better reliever than Julio anyway. That alone makes the deal worthwhile.

Back
Top Bottom