The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread! | Page 139 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread!

Ray Finkle said:
Yankees will make a BIG push for that Japanese pitcher, I forget his name starts with a M, he's 22 or 24. All the experts say he'll be a Yankee. It'll cost any team over 100 million for him but his numbers in Japan are very impressive.

Daisuke Matsuzaka, and he's 26.

Honestly, for now I'm going to take my Yankees abuse because I've given out my fair share so I deserve mine. I'll asess the team when I have time to sit back and think about things without making quick comments that are filled with little thought and a lot of emotion!

I didn't watch the game, but on the sportscenter highlight it looks like bonderman was lights out, is that the truth, or were the yankees just swinging at bad pitches, etc..

UCFinfan86 said:
I didn't watch the game, but on the sportscenter highlight it looks like bonderman was lights out, is that the truth, or were the yankees just swinging at bad pitches, etc..

he had a no hitter into the 6th or 7th inning. Yeah, he was lights out!

Ray Finkle said:
I guess plans fell through? :wink:

I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

nah, just happened earlier in the night than expected! :lol:

DonShula84 said:
If a player other than Shields was involved I'd do it. I figured Santana would be a major piece though and it sounds like LAA is willing to part with him for the right hitter. Not saying anything with Arod would happen though, sounds like he wants to stay in NY though I guess anything could happen

If the Yanks hire Pinella...........then AROD is going no place!

More on this.....

Put the playoff failures aside (cause everyone in that lineup has playoff failures now the past few years) and AROD in a down year still scored 100 runs, had over 100 RBI's, and hit 33 home runs. That's an f'n down year. You don't just throw that away. If Pinella comes in he and AROD are tight. AROD likes him feels comfy around him. For one of hte Yanks prized possesions, its a wise investment to bring in Pinella.

And the fact this story hits on the same night as the Yanks are out of the playoffs. It looks to me that the Yanks brass had this plan in place. That anything short of winning it all, and Torre was out!

Not to mention they can steal the back pages from the Mets for a week and screw with them (which is always fun) as they are hitting their high point in the season.

I thought the Yankees were going to go to the WS this year. I thought wrong. I'm glad I was wrong though but wow, now what do the Yanks do.

AGain, I am happy they lost :tongue: :lol:

Prime Time said:
. I'm glad I was wrong though but wow, now what do the Yanks do.

Improve the starting pitching. Shake up the manager position and direction the ball club is run.

Giambi,Cano,Jeter,Melky,Damon,Matsui,Abreu,Mo,Farnsworth,Posada........they aren't going anywhere. The everyday 9 is all but set.

Arod is the question (with Pinella though he stays) and the starting pitching!

We've known the starting pitchin was a problem, but they can't seem to improve it. They went out and got Pavano, Johnson etc. and so far it isn't working out too well.

Prime Time said:
We've known the starting pitchin was a problem, but they can't seem to improve it. They went out and got Pavano, Johnson etc. and so far it isn't working out too well.

Both those moves looked great at the time. No one could have seen them turning out how they have.

p.s.- Bring back Joe T. He ain't the problem....

The Yankees once again will be trying to buy every big name talent and overpaying for the services of mediocre talent.......... And the reason they need a salary cap in baseball, is not because of who winds up winning the world series, it's to give the other 20+ teams who have no chance of making the playoffs a chance........

PressCoverage said:
empire, indeed...

your timing is amazing, you stay out of here while things are going good for the yanks and bad for the Sox but once things go bad for the yanks you pop up. How's that sox dynasty working out?

I don't even want to think about next year now, I am so sick of thism overpaid, underachieving team. Every year it's the same story. i don't know who I want next year but I do know who I want gone next year-

Gone should ARod, Sheff, Matsui, Giambi, Johnson, Mussina. I know some of these contracts are going to be tough to deal but we must find a way to get rid of these overpaid chokers. Oh and I love Joe but i's time for a change- I don't blame him for the bats going cold(though i do blame him for playing Sheff and Matsui) but 3 straight playoff series lsoses is too much and it's time for a change.

The worst thing to happen the team this year was Shef and Matsui coming abck from injuries. we were humming along and w/ them back we look like the same team we've been the last 3 years. I am so sick of this team.

Phantom said:
The Yankees once again will be trying to buy every big name talent and overpaying for the services of mediocre talent.......... And the reason they need a salary cap in baseball, is not because of who winds up winning the world series, it's to give the other 20+ teams who have no chance of making the playoffs a chance........

what you guys fail to realize is that if there was a cap theYankees would likely have 2-3 more titles. If there was a cap we wouldn't have overpaid for alot of the guys we have int he last 5 years or so and we wouldn't ahve ruind the dynasty team. The dynasty teams did not have an outrageous payroll, we had a great TEAM not a great collection of individual talent like we have had for years. Every jealous Yankee hater should love the fact that we overspend on FAs b/c it doesn't work towards building a winner.

Prime Time said:

well they gotta keep trying!!! Ya don't give up!

Back
Top Bottom