The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread! | Page 141 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread!

MikeO said:
Of course the bats are why we lost. But in big games, big players must do big things. The list of pitchers who threw on 3 days rest in the playoffs is so long I won't even begin to name it. Wang should have at the very least been in the city/stadium!!!!! And its overrated that throwing on 3 days rest is some impossible thing. And when my other options are Wright (only gonna give ya 5 innings on a good day) and Corey Lidel.......Wang on 3 days rest isn't so bad!

You had a better chance of getting 5 quality innings out of Wang on 3 days rest than with Jaret Wright!! And I don't think a whole 24 hours of rest would have ended Wang's career. It isn't like they ask him to do it all the time. Just once!!

Wang is a sinkerball pitcher and actually they say that sinkerball pitchers pitch better on short rest when they have tired arms because the ball moves more.

I actually agree with you here, you have Wang start this game because if he wins, Mussina would pitch on Sunday on full rest and there's no way the Tigers win a Game 5 in NY, in my opinion.

You worry about the next round, once you get there.

Ray Finkle said:
Wang is a sinkerball pitcher and actually they say that sinkerball pitchers pitch better on short rest when they have tired arms because the ball moves more.

I actually agree with you here, you have Wang start this game because if he wins, Mussina would pitch on Sunday on full rest and there's no way the Tigers win a Game 5 in NY, in my opinion.

You worry about the next round, once you get there.

Yep on the sinkerball thing. Plus asking your ace ONE time a year to go on 3 days rest isn't asking too much, Im sorry. It really isn't. Especially in an "elimination" game!!!!

And to NOT have him in the stadium. Or even in the city itself is nuts. It isn't like this was a cross-country trip. Detroit to NY for pete sakes!!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Honestly, for now I'm going to take my Yankees abuse because I've given out my fair share so I deserve mine. I'll asess the team when I have time to sit back and think about things without making quick comments that are filled with little thought and a lot of emotion!
I was coming into this thread with you specifically in mind but then I read this post and had a revelation. Though you above anybody else may deserve the most abuse, the truth is nobody deserves to have their already crushed feelings stomped on by another. Your team lost, for all the smack you talked, that's punishment enough for me

Wang would have had to pitch a shutout for us to have a chance the way our bats performed. He ptiched well in game 1 and gave up 3 runs so chances are if he pitched or not we wouldn't have won.

Should be an interesting offseason to say the least.

culpepper2chambers said:
any chance arod gets shipped back to seattle?

Why not? Anything is possible. I don't think there is any bad blood with Arod and management (hence why Texas isn't an option for him).

Ray Finkle said:
Why not? Anything is possible. I don't think there is any bad blood with Arod and management (hence why Texas isn't an option for him).
i dont know who seattle has to trade tho......there maybe only 1 player on the team that wont be traded which is felix

culpepper2chambers said:
i dont know who seattle has to trade tho......there maybe only 1 player on the team that wont be traded which is felix

Yeah then unless there's a 3 way deal, Seattle doesn't have the players the Yankees would want.

culpepper2chambers said:
any chance arod gets shipped back to seattle?

King Felix in NY. Throw in Putz (or however you spell it)........

Sure, why not!

I still think the Cubs could be a big player here in any AROD deal. As could SF. Both got the 1 big thing going for them.........they are in the NL. They also got the 2nd thing going for them, they have lots of money to spend. Cubs have and endless suply of money. SF is out from under Bonds contract so they can wheel and deal a little.

Cubs got Amaris Ramirez and Zambrano as big chips

SF has some young arms. Matt Cain as the biggy.

If Florida is willing to part with the players (and they always seem willing too) then they are the 3rd team in the mix as they have the most to give up in any deal and it is AROD's hometown!! Christ, Florida traded Delgado and LoDuca inside their own division.......I think they will deal with the other team in NY!!

culpepper2chambers said:

Addition by subtraction, I'll take a bag of balls just to get rid of Arod.

MikeO said:
I still think the Cubs could be a big player here in any AROD deal. As could SF. Both got the 1 big thing going for them.........they are in the NL. They also got the 2nd thing going for them, they have lots of money to spend. Cubs have and endless suply of money. SF is out from under Bonds contract so they can wheel and deal a little.

Cubs got Amaris Ramirez and Zambrano as big chips

SF has some young arms. Matt Cain as the biggy.

If Florida is willing to part with the players (and they always seem willing too) then they are the 3rd team in the mix as they have the most to give up in any deal and it is AROD's hometown!! Christ, Florida traded Delgado and LoDuca inside their own division.......I think they will deal with the other team in NY!!

True and if SF got Arod it would be a way for them to keep the fans because they would still have a big attraction.

Back
Top Bottom