The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread! | Page 50 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread!

Good to know Torre doesn't trust the rest of his pen with a 5 run lead. Way to burn out Rivera in May.

Ray Finkle said:
Good to know Torre doesn't trust the rest of his pen with a 5 run lead. Way to burn out Rivera in May.

He threw 16 pitches the first 2 innings he pitched. :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

MikeO said:
He threw 16 pitches the first 2 innings he pitched. :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

That's fine. Keep letting him pitch, I don't mind. If the Yankees are going to win anyway I'd rather have Rivera pitch as much as possible. That way he's burnt out in October like he has been the past few years. Remember Rivera isn't a young guy anymore, and he's got a lot of wear and tear in that shoulder/arm.

How's Farnsworth been doing by the way? Give him time, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Ray Finkle said:
That's fine. Keep letting him pitch, I don't mind. If the Yankees are going to win anyway I'd rather have Rivera pitch as much as possible. That way he's burnt out in October like he has been the past few years. Remember Rivera isn't a young guy anymore, and he's got a lot of wear and tear in that shoulder/arm.

How's Farnsworth been doing by the way? Give him time, you'll see what I'm talking about.

16 pitches in 2 innings is burning him out??????:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: What on earth are you talking about? He threw 25 pitches total.

:sidelol: :sidelol: your stretching here. You really are.

Just worry about your own team and stop obessing about the yanks for 5 min. Seems like that is all you do.:shakeno:

Ray Finkle said:

first of all, rivera was hardly used at the beginning of the season. i believe he had only 4-5 saves at the end of april? i could be wrong.

secondly, you shouldnt be talking about overworked. papelbon is out there pretty much every single game, is he not?

and farnsworth sucks, everyone knows it. its not something you magically predicted and is now coming true. he cant do well in big spots, everyone knows this

Ray Finkle said:

The only year he wasn't himself b/c of overuse was 2004, last year he was fresh and dominant for October but unfortunately we couldn't use alot. He hasn't seen a ton of work this year and had an ultra-easy first 2 innings last night. I was surprised he came back out after we tacked on 5 runs but he had a smooth, easy 3 innings.

no Damon, Jeter, or Sheffield tonight for the Yankees

Cabrera
Cairo
Giambi
ARod
Posada
Cano
Bernie
Phillips
Long

DevilElias26 said:
first of all, rivera was hardly used at the beginning of the season. i believe he had only 4-5 saves at the end of april? i could be wrong.

secondly, you shouldnt be talking about overworked. papelbon is out there pretty much every single game, is he not?

and farnsworth sucks, everyone knows it. its not something you magically predicted and is now coming true. he cant do well in big spots, everyone knows this

I agree with you on Papelbon. I've actually said that he's being used too much especially in multiple innings when the Sox are up by 3 runs. I've been hard on my manager for having Schilling and Beckett throw 300 pitches per appearance.

Actually my original post about Rivera wasn't meant to be a knock, so I apologize. All I'm saying is why have Rivera pitch the 11th when the Yankees are up by 5 runs. I'm aware of his pitch count, however I still didn't think it was the right move and IF Francona did that to Papelbon I'd be the first person saying I didn't like the move. Having thrown 25 or 26 pitches yesterday puts his availablity in question for tonight. and having Farnsworth pitch in 3 straight games pretty much puts him out of the line up today. I should have explained myself better so again I apologize.

And thanks for agreeing with me on Farnsworth, I've been trying to tell Yankee fans since the signing but have gotten nowhere with some of them. I think the Dotel move is going to be huge if he comes back healthy. He was a top set up man in Houston and if he can handle the pressure of NY, I have no doubt he'll be a top set up me there too.

nyjunc said:
I was surprised he came back out after we tacked on 5 runs but he had a smooth, easy 3 innings.

It surprised me too by having him come out for the 3rd inning especially with a 5 run lead.

Ray Finkle said:
And thanks for agreeing with me on Farnsworth, I've been trying to tell Yankee fans since the signing but have gotten nowhere with some of them. I think the Dotel move is going to be huge if he comes back healthy. He was a top set up man in Houston and if he can handle the pressure of NY, I have no doubt he'll be a top set up me there too.

Farnsworth has 31 K's in 24 innings.

He has had a couple tough outings, but what relief pitcher hasn't in the AMERICAN LEAGUE!

When he blows up, then come back here. Until then and until he costs this team a game in a big spot, you cant talk junk about Farnsworth. And Dotel, Farnsworth, River or Farnsworth, Dotel, River for 7th 8th, 9th....does it really matter?!?!?!? JUST GET THE BALL TO RIVERA WITH THE LEAD! Doesn't matter how!

DevilElias26 said:
Mike Mussina for Cy Young

7-1, 2.42 ERA, 70 K's

AL Leader right now. It's early though.

Back
Top Bottom