The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread! | Page 52 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread!

Farnsworth should be able to lock it up. :wink:

Ohhhh my gaaaaawd......I am speechless. :eek:

Farnsworth isn't a closer. I truly feel that is why he has had trouble in the past. As a 7th or 8th inning guy he is fine and very good. Let him close (like tonight) and he is out of his comfort zone. Im not gonna kill the guy for one outing on June 2nd. And I know the wolves will be here soon to say.."i told ya so".

MikeO said:
Farnsworth isn't a closer. I truly feel that is why he has had trouble in the past. As a 7th or 8th inning guy he is fine and very good. Let him close (like tonight) and he is out of his comfort zone. Im not gonna kill the guy for one outing on June 2nd. And I know the wolves will be here soon to say.."i told ya so".

Farnsworth's past trouble wasn't because he was a closer, because he was only a closer for one year in his career (last year) which strangely happened to be his best year. Before that when he stunk he was never a closer, simply a middle relief guy like he is now. Maybe that's not his comfort zone either.

they said on the radio that the reason MO couldnt close tonight was because he tweaked his back while puttin on his spikes!!!!

ShuggieOtis said:
they said on the radio that the reason MO couldnt close tonight was because he tweaked his back while puttin on his spikes!!!!

What else can go wrong? Are we paying for all the years of winning and relative good health? This year has been ridiculous.

Sounds like Sheffield's out awhile. NY Post says not to look for him before July 1, and if he has surgery, quite a bit longer than that.

nyjunc said:
What else can go wrong? Are we paying for all the years of winning and relative good health? This year has been ridiculous.

:boohoo:

Like every team in the Majors hasn't felt the effects of injuries. And with the age of some of the players on your team, the fact that you're surprised is beyond ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom