The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread! | Page 57 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread!

Rocky Raccoon said:
again A-Rod doesn't come through in a big situation

exactly my thoughts, what a big moment in the game and he looks at the third strike, i am :fire:

i am impressed with Bernies batting lately but either then that, im not too pleased.....

Rocky Raccoon said:
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

and yet AGAIN he strikes out in a big situation

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, the New York Yankees are proud to present to you your reining American League MVP! And he's got 2 words for you: NOT CLUTCH!

(Way to earn your paycheck Mr. Clutch)

Ray Finkle said:
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, the New York Yankees are proud to present to you your reining American League MVP! And he's got 2 words for you: NOT CLUTCH!

:lol: :yes:

two great rally innings! However farnsworth his back in the 8th....(should i be concerned) , it causes Rivera to have a longer night than normal tho

I don't expect ARod to hit in the clutch anymore but I am worried that he's not hitting at all. This is a LONG slump and hopefully he breaks out soon.

This is an important streth against mostly weak NL teams the next 2 weeks so last night was a good start.

Ray Finkle said:

Red Sox fans are you mentally prepare to see your team finish in 3rd place behind the Bluejays:sidelol:?

Phins28 said:
Red Sox fans are you mentally prepare to see your team finish in 3rd place behind the Bluejays:sidelol:?

It's a very long season, but who's to say that the Yankees won't finish 3rd or even 2nd to the Blue Jays. Both teams have a chance to miss the playoffs. As a Sox fan I'm use to my team missing the playoffs it would bother me but it wouldn't be like the Yankees missing the playoffs. Steinberner would go nuts and do crazy things (actually it might be worth it for the Yankees to miss it just to see what he does, maybe he'd ship Arod to KC and pay his whole contract to them).

The Sox and Yankees both have the same starting pitching problems (only one good starter and the rest are ? marks everytime they go out there) and bullpen problems (closers are both very good but getting to the closer is a problem). Both teams have their share of injuries which is hurting them (the Yankees more so). The only plus the Sox have over the Yankees is their defense and in my opinion farm system (whether it be to make a trade with prospects or call up a kid to help the team win down the strench).

The Blue Jays have a great line up but after Halladay (like the Sox and Yankees) everyone is a ? mark yet they continue to win. The Jays have a good closer in Ryan but their pen can be shakey at times too. Everyone is talking about A.J. Burnett to be the key to the Jays but he wasn't very good in the NL when the Marlins needed him down the strench so who knows what he'll be like. I'm guessing he'll be more like Clement, that's if he's even healthy.

nyjunc said:
I don't expect ARod to hit in the clutch anymore but I am worried that he's not hitting at all. This is a LONG slump and hopefully he breaks out soon.

This is an important streth against mostly weak NL teams the next 2 weeks so last night was a good start.

I think the booing is really bothering him. He's a great player but he doesn't have the mental strength to handle NY and the boos. I do feel bad for the guy because all joking aside he does play hard and plays everyday and puts up huge numbers just not in big spots. Everytime Arod makes an out in a big spot its talked about for days and days, Arod's problem is as soon as he gets a big hit, he doesn't get another one for weeks at a time.

Phins28 said:

Big talk, backed up by a ONE game lead in June.

What a friggen joke! :lol:

EDIT: That lead has now been erased a mere few hours after this post thanks to your meltdown in Washington. Too funny!

bullpen looked really bad...Chacon not lookin so hot neither :(
btw i would not be talkin any **** to anyone whether i was a yanks, sox, or bjs fan because who knows what will happen

FaninPatsyLand said:
Big talk, backed up by a ONE game lead in June.

What a friggen joke! :lol:

EDIT: That lead has now been erased a mere few hours after this post thanks to your meltdown in Washington. Too funny!

We can come back after that devastating defeat, we've the ultimate motivator in Joe Torre.

The way WANG pitched, today's loss doesn't bother me. He is turning into a great pitcher.

Back
Top Bottom