the official bowl season draft prospect discussion thread... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the official bowl season draft prospect discussion thread...

You know in these 2 drives, I noticed something with Boyd; he has really good pocket awareness. Yeah he's playing in a spread, but there were a few plays where West Virginia has gotten a decent outside rush and Boyd just stays in the pocket and keeps his eyes downfield.

Boyd is looking pretty good. His passes are on time and he does not panic when the pocket collapses. I think he should go back to school for 2012 season.

yeah boyd while a duel threat doesn't bail...he stands in scans the field and delivers...maybe its just me but boy is there some high end skill position talent on that field...i like the returner/package player austin for wva if i can get him later the safety for wvu isn't half bad...clemsons got talent all over the place but watkins is a future top 20 guy...mcshay has branch the #12 overall player i'm screaming he better check his loop...thats way to high for a guy with the average pass rush tools i'm seeing...

and i'm tellin you right now with the way dwayne allen looks and i'm thinking he's a legit 6 ft 3 i don't see any way that kid makes it to our 2nd round pick...thats a 1st round te all the damn way...i love that guy...he gets down the seam in a hurry...he's got burst he can block...love him...he chased the goalline fumble for td guy 100 yards and never gave up and was faster than the wr hopkins i think his name is...dwayne allen might be a top 20 bpa...sure looks that way to me

We need to hire the West Virginia OC or whoever is running their offense. I have never seen a team move the ball so quickly and get in scoring position. I really like Tavon Austin....could be a nice "sleeper" pick next year.

We need to hire the West Virginia OC or whoever is running their offense. I have never seen a team move the ball so quickly and get in scoring position. I really like Tavon Austin....could be a nice "sleeper" pick next year.

Dana Holgerson calls the plays for WV, and "no thanks" is putting it nicely..dude has more personal issues/baggage than most diva players...

If we are looking at a wide receiver in a few years, it's going to be an interesting choice between Sammy Watkins and Marqise Lee. Both of those kids are studs.

watkins is more explosive...that guys looks like he's got jet engines on his back...but marquise lee is terrific also...both top 20 guys i'd say

Dana Holgerson calls the plays for WV, and "no thanks" is putting it nicely..dude has more personal issues/baggage than most diva players...

Yeah why go with a exciting coach and offense that can score, when we can continue running nitwit Tony Sparano type calls and then kick a field-goal.

jeesh i finally caught up with the live feed on the dvr...i never saw this one coming...if i'm tavon austin i'm comin out cause i can't imagine this kid putting together a better game tape than he did today...no matter when he comes out though he'll be knocked for his size and i don't think anyone is gonna look at him as a route running wr at the next level...i think he's gonna be labeled a returner which he looks dynamite at to me and a package specific player...

that said i think best case he goes 4th round...

If Tavon Austin declares, he can play for me. Best player on the field tonight.

I see a lot of people down on Brandon Thompson, just like I saw a lot of people down on Quinton Coples. But listen, when your team around you are bad, and you're a defensive lineman, there's only so much you can do. You do your job, you mind your gaps, you penetrate and you rock people with your strengths, you take care of the ball carrier when he comes shooting for your gap...but I'm not sure what else you're supposed to do when the rest of your teammates aren't doing that. Andre Branch is severely overrated, the rest of the DLs and LBs are playing with almost zero gap control, and many of them are trying to do other players' jobs.

Bruce Irvin continues to be a conundrum to me, like Dontay Moch. I don't know what to do with this guy. He's such a bad run defender his own COLLEGE team has made him a part time player. And you can see why as he blows his gap on that Andre Ellington long TD run at the beginning of the game. Is he a 3-4 OLB? I don't think so. We're talking maybe an Antwan Barnes type situational guy, except he's really only got one move and then a lot of mobility to run around and chase the ball.

Tavon Austin is the real deal. Don't think he's coming out but man is he good. And Sammy Watkins already is very good but will be massively better in coming years.

There are some offensive linemen on that West Virginia team that I'm going to have to look at. Some of them have been playing extremely well. Redshirt freshman Quinton Spain...he's only rotating in and out but he's got a future, I'm telling ya. I'm going to have to get some tape and watch Don Barclay.

the only thing about brandon thompson is some times i think he was too worried about shooting the gap and not paying attention to where the ball was...i think he's a nice prospect but i don't know if i think that guys a first round grade player...

and yeah ck branch is way overrated...i saw nothing as a pass rusher to get excited about

I'd be ecstatic if Tavon Austin came out and could be had in the 4th. Quite frankly, the kid makes plays and that would be enough to sell me on him. He's versatile and could be used in so many different ways. Him, along with Bush, would make for some serious matchup issues.

Back
Top Bottom