The **Official** Boxing Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The **Official** Boxing Thread

yall musta forgot!!!!

clear.gif

It's not like Roy whooped a world-beater.

Nappy Roots said:
i didnt get to see the fight, howd he look?
he won 11-1 on all cards. he looked shaky at the start. the guy roughed him up against the ropes a lil (just like johnson did) but he took over after that. overall he looked alright. i don't think he can beat any of the top guys though.

my boy Ike Quartey vs Vernon Forrest this saturday august 5 on hbo - also on the card, former junior middleweight champion Kassim "The Dream" Ouma fights Sechew Powell - great story about Ouma...

Like many youngsters, Ouma was forced into military service before his sixth birthday in his native Uganda, becoming a "kadooga," or boy soldier. He escaped to the U.S. at age 19, though his struggles did not end once he reached American soil. Ouma survived a drive-by shooting in Palm Beach, Fla., in Dec. 2002, as well as a serious car accident less than a year later. But Ouma persevered, establishing himself as a fan favorite en route to winning a junior middleweight title with a unanimous-decision victory over Verno Phillips in Oct. 2004. Despite losing his title to Roman Karmazin nine months later, Ouma remains a captivating figure for his explosive punching style and incredible life story. In May, he received the Pat Putnam Award for Perseverance from the Boxing Writers Association of America. The next day he scored a split-decision victory over Marco Antonio Rubio on the undercard of the De La Hoya-Mayorga fight.

link and write up below...

http://www.hbo.com/boxing/events/2006/0805_quartey_forrest/news/announcement.html

LightsOut said:
ike looks sharp. he still got that jab.

http://www.fightbeat.com/videos.php

thanks for the link :hi5:

my most favorite boxing moments have been watching ike work over opponents with that left jab of his - like cutting down a tree - his jab is textbook, vicious and a thing of beauty - if i could give him back the 5 years he took off i would - definitely my all-time favorite boxer...

I just got back from the fight and boy was Ike robbed (the whole crowd thought so). I'll have my report whenever I wake up tomorrow but man o man, from where I sat, it looked like Ike was robbed (I didn't score it though). As a matter of fact, Harold Lederman told me face to face that the decision was "atrocious."

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I just got back from the fight and boy was Ike robbed (the whole crowd thought so). I'll have my report whenever I wake up tomorrow but man o man, from where I sat, it looked like Ike was robbed (I didn't score it though). As a matter of fact, Harold Lederman told me face to face that the decision was "atrocious."

OK JIM!

Mitchell Rose is the big guy in this picture. He's 2-10 for his career but will tell you about how he KO'd Butter Bean until the cows come home!

DSC00825-1.jpg

Ouma doing interviews in the streets of NYC. I asked him a bunch of questions and he gladly answered them all. That's Eddie Goldman asking a question!

DSC00821-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom