The Official Dolphins Make Playoffs Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Dolphins Make Playoffs Thread

why can't fans be optimistic? go ahead and hope your team makes the playoffs, why not? its why we watch the games, in hopes they win, every week, no? listen, at the level these guys are playing, the difference in talent level is usually pretty slim. if you make the roster of an nfl team, you can play. intangibles like motivation, team chemistry, preparedness, coaching, conditioning, and a little luck, is what makes teams achieve, or over-achieve.

there is no reason miami can't play with teams and win more games than they lose. first off, they were not as bad as their record showed last year. all those intangibles I mentioned were missing last year. guy got injured because of poor conditioning, games were lost due to bad coaching and game planning, etc... there is a lot than can happen week to week in the nfl.

there are so many things up in the air just in the afc east. can tom brady play to his normal level with that foot problem? can favre be effective enough early on to keep the jets from imploding? what bills team will show up to start the year?

if miami can get out to a fast start and look up after week 6 and find themselves in the thick of the division race, look out.

I am optimistic and I hope they do make the playoff's. I am just saying lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. There is no doubt this team is way better than many in the media are giving us credit for, but if we go 7-9 or 8-8 that would be huge.

As far as Surtain posted I will gladly eat some major portions of crow just serve it with a good cold beer!:beer1:

I know I'm the pessimist here and only predicted 1 or 2 wins. I haven't changed my attitude about the team. I do see some more wins with Penny at the helm but not 7 or 8 more wins. This is still a very young team that will not make a run for two more years and the might be when Henne is the starting QB.

I am optimistic and I hope they do make the playoff's. I am just saying lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. There is no doubt this team is way better than many in the media are giving us credit for, but if we go 7-9 or 8-8 that would be huge.

As far as Surtain posted I will gladly eat some major portions of crow just serve it with a good cold beer!:beer1:

LOL there's no better way to enjoy it.

It's amazing what a preseason victory over the Chiefs can do for the soul.

It's not the win, it's how our first team has looked.

-Our secondary is shutting people down, I didn't expect this one bit.
-Our DL is getting some push, are relentless, both rookie DEs (Merling, Langford) already look like great picks.
-Our QB position ACTUALLY looks solidified. Pennington looks great, and only after two weeks of acquiring him. Thanks JETS!
-Ricky is running like he did in 2002.
-^ Probably because of the fact that we have FOUR (count em) YOUNG 1st day linemen all of which are playing up to their potential, and the 6th round rookie RG is impressing.
-Ted Ginn looks to already be getting comfortable with Chad and is showing he's more than a capable WR.
-Crowder appears to be filling in for the loss of ZT nicely. Appears to have great leadership ability. Our defense appears to be rallying behind him and it shows.
-Conditioning is there, fire is there like I haven't seen in YEARS!

Yes, this is based off preseason. Yes it is way to early to be talking playoffs. But we've got A LOT to be excited about. So please spare me the attempt to devaluate our improvement because it's 'just preseason' or it's 'just the chiefs'

get back to me after the first 4 games-- Two of them against last years playoff teams and of course the Jets, who have a knack for beating us even when we are better than they are, which right now we are not. But could be. We need to go at least 3-1 in those first 4 games to have a shot.

Let's not get our hopes up -- I will be thrilled to go 7-9 after last year--I was predicting 4 wins before Pennigton-- i'll bump that up to 6 now. Hope I'm wrong and we win 11-- but reality must rule over fantasy

I'm really excited about this season, I like the way the QBs have played, I like teh way Ricky has run, and above everything, Our O-line actually resembles an offensive line.

But, I see us only winning 6-7 games.

Look at it this way, we can't do any worse than last season, and we may just quadruple our win total from a year ago.

Pats
Chargers
Colts
Steelers
Jags
Broncos

Teams just outside of that will be the Bills, Titans, Browns and Jets.

In the AFC you must win 10 games to even have a chance of making the playoffs, the Fins will not win 10 games. This team has a long way to go so just be happy with an improved seasn, not outragous expectations.

I see this changing in the next couple years. The NFC is becoming tougher and I see the AFC evening out a little bit. Withing the next few years the roles will be switched and the AFC will look like the NFC has for the last 5 years or so.

The AFC will not be dominating the NFC anymore. The Vikes, Packers, Cowboys, and Giants all look very good. When was the last time you could name 4 NFC teams that could beat most teams in the AFC?

Combine those losses to the NFC with teams like the Bills, Browns, Titans, Texans on their way up. Things are really going to even out in the AFC. I don't think we'll see a 10-6 team missing the playoffs for awhile. In the next few years there may even be a 9-7 team sneaking in from the AFC.

That was a nice game vs KC but lets not get carried away. Of course they CAN make the playoffs. Turn arounds can happen quickly these days. Lets see how they do against the Jets. My only concern right now is they beat the Jets and continue to improve. If they lose this Jets game chances of the playoffs are pretty slim. Even they win chances of the playoffs aren't that great but it would be a nice start and see where they go from there. Lets see were the Dolphins are in November then we can worry about either playoffs or who should they draft next year:sidelol:

Its better than going in pessimistic...but....

I would rather us not make the playoffs this year and let me tell you why. If we do make the playoffs this year it is because, YES, we did good. But that would send us to lower draft picks and MUCH too high expectations for the following year.

I would like to see the Dolphins in the playoffs again but they need atleast one more year to start to settle down the roster. Sky high expectations for a really young team could hurt. Just like Sabans 9-7 disaster his first year, False hope.

I do expect significant improvement though and if we do make the playoffs I will still root for my team.

As I've said countless times, I can see us going anywhere from 4-12 to 11-5 with a couple lucky breaks. In football, it's all about chemistry within the organization. 2 years ago we started slow due to horrible chemistry on offense, got hot, and then the chemistry left when the Saban to Bama talk started. Last year we obviously had horrible chemistry as an organization. I like the chemisty we have this year, HOWEVER, we have a couple glaring weaknesses.

1.We are extremely unproven at WR
2.We have no OL depth
3.We have unproven QB depth
4.We don't have playmaking CBs (not bad in coverage, but they don't get ints)
5.After Ferguson we have an extremely raw Saoli at NT.
6.We will rely heavily on alot of young rookies.
7.We do not have a pass rush

But hey, after last year 4-12 might as well be a Super Bowl victory

much improved but still a 6-10 football team without consistent pass rush.

we'll battle it out with buffalo for last place in the division.

Back
Top Bottom