The Official Dolphins Make Playoffs Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Dolphins Make Playoffs Thread

It's amazing what a preseason victory over the Chiefs can do for the soul.

You know, a lot of Jets fans come in here and bash Phin fans for saying that Miami will make the playoffs this year. And while I wouldnt bet the house on it, I can be as optimistic as the next guy.

What really gets me is the hypocritical Jets fans that come in here with their noses in the damn air thinking that they are a lock to be in the playoffs this year and everything is gonna be great, when in reality the Jets are not that different than the Dolphins right now:

Both teams are coming off terrible years.
Both teams have New starters at QB.
Both teams have made improvements to what they had last year.

The difference is that the Jets threw a ton of cash on a bunch of aging vets in an effort to win now. The Jets got older fast. Mangini knows that if he cant get this team competitive soon, he's out. Parcells however, came in and looked to the future; smart drafting and young FAs along with a few smart vets still in their prime when he put this team together.

The Jets are just as likely to miss the playoffs as the Dolphins this year, so get off it. :rolleyes2:

Jets may well be better than us this year, but down the road, they'll run into the same mess we've run into the past few years.

I thought the pass rush looked pretty good.

the coverage was good making the pass rush look better. the olb position does not create pass rush nearly enough. the front 3 on our defense create more rush than the olbs right now.

if that continues as far as time to throw brett favre and any other competent qb will have a field day picking apart our secondary.

I don't think so.

8 wins, at the most.

Youth looks promising at this point, but they will show off the rawness when it matters on the big stage.

Hey, if we beat the Jets Week 1, I'll consider this season a success.

lets see what happens... no one seems to be telling the young dolphin rookies they aren't suppose to be winning.

The Bengals, Browns, Ravens, Broncos, Bills, Jets, Titans, Jaguars, and Texans are all better wild card possibilities than we are. It ain't happening.

As I've said countless times, I can see us going anywhere from 4-12 to 11-5 with a couple lucky breaks. In football, it's all about chemistry within the organization. 2 years ago we started slow due to horrible chemistry on offense, got hot, and then the chemistry left when the Saban to Bama talk started. Last year we obviously had horrible chemistry as an organization. I like the chemisty we have this year, HOWEVER, we have a couple glaring weaknesses.

1.We are extremely unproven at WR
2.We have no OL depth
3.We have unproven QB depth
4.We don't have playmaking CBs (not bad in coverage, but they don't get ints)
5.After Ferguson we have an extremely raw Saoli at NT.
6.We will rely heavily on alot of young rookies.
7.We do not have a pass rush

But hey, after last year 4-12 might as well be a Super Bowl victory

This is all based on what? Last year? Because I thought that this year's team is almost the complete opposite of what was put on the field in 2007.

No pass rush? Yeah, 5 sacks and 3 INTs, defense stinks.

Jets may well be better than us this year, but down the road, they'll run into the same mess we've run into the past few years.

what is it the Jets did that was so terrible? Ya Favre is old, but they took a shot. Faneca can probably still go 3-4 years at guard easy. Calvin Pace is young, they drafted Gholston, so what problems will they run into? Kris Jenkins is still relatively young. so outside of Favre, whos clearly a stop gap and desperate attempt to win now, what was so terrible? the funny thing for me is, if Favre was in a Phin uniform, the same people dogging the Jets would be doing sprints around this site yelling SuperBowl. Faneca would be a great signing, Pace a great signing and on and on. come on now.

The Bengals, Browns, Ravens, Broncos, Bills, Jets, Titans, Jaguars, and Texans are all better wild card possibilities than we are. It ain't happening.

I disagree on the Ravens, because they have no qb, but all those other teams have good qbs. Matt Schaub needs to stay healthy and prove it, but the others I like. I think Buffalo can hang in the wildcard hunt if they stay healthy this year.

The Bengals, Browns and Ravens?

The Browns will be lucky to repeat the season they had last year now that they dont have the softest schedule of all-time. Anderson would have to again play at a pro-bowl level for them to even have a chance of going to the playoffs and i can't see that happening.

The Bengals and Ravens just suck, i could see the Dolphins not being a playoff contender but still being better than them.

You know, a lot of Jets fans come in here and bash Phin fans for saying that Miami will make the playoffs this year. And while I wouldnt bet the house on it, I can be as optimistic as the next guy.

What really gets me is the hypocritical Jets fans that come in here with their noses in the damn air thinking that they are a lock to be in the playoffs this year and everything is gonna be great, when in reality the Jets are not that different than the Dolphins right now:

Both teams are coming off terrible years.
Both teams have New starters at QB.
Both teams have made improvements to what they had last year.

The difference is that the Jets threw a ton of cash on a bunch of aging vets in an effort to win now. The Jets got older fast. Mangini knows that if he cant get this team competitive soon, he's out. Parcells however, came in and looked to the future; smart drafting and young FAs along with a few smart vets still in their prime when he put this team together.

The Jets are just as likely to miss the playoffs as the Dolphins this year, so get off it. :rolleyes2:

Please show me where I said the Jets are a lock to make the playoffs?

My comment was based on my interpretation of the general mood of this message board before and after the KC game. Before the KC game people were optimistic about the season, but it wasn't too crazy. After the KC game the collective optimism of the board changed dramatically.

You are way too sensitive.

OT:
In response to your Jets comments, they have a solid young core of players too and are still one of the youngest teams in the league.

Back
Top Bottom