The Official Game Thread: United States vs Mexico | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Game Thread: United States vs Mexico

They haven't played much or done much of anything.....

Of course. I believe ESPN 2 and If you understand Spanish I think it will be on Telemundo. Spanish Coverage >>>>> ESPN Coverage ....x100
I'm hearings its on Univision. Don't know how true it is though.

edit: usa 2 mexico 1.

I'm not a big soccer fan, but i do stand by me country's teams wherever or whatever they might be playing, GO USA!!!

I would like to see some of those Hot Mexican babes on TV though! :D

I'm not a big soccer fan, but i do stand by me country's teams wherever or whatever they might be playing, GO USA!!!

I would like to see some of those Hot Mexican babes on TV though! :D

You should try and watch the game tonight. I'm going to be leaving work early to watch it. USA vs Mexico is like Fins vs Jets (rivalry wise). Always a great game to witness.

Here is my prediction...

USA 34
Mexico 1

The US will bring Mia Hamm onto the pitch to score the last 6 goals just to rub it in.

Seriously guys...anybody got the lineups? The starting squads?

I can't find it anywhere. I hope we get to see the two squads as close to full strength as can be.

Mexico's probable lineup:

1.- Osvaldo Sanchez
4.- Rafael Marquez
3.- Carlos Salcido
2.- Ricardo Osorio
21.- Jaime Lozano
8.- Gonzalo Pineda
6.- Pavel Pardo
7.- Alberto Medina
11.- Nery Castillo
10.- Cuauhtemoc Blanco
9.- Jared Borgetti

I don't know about you guys

Game sold out, good to know

CHICAGO (Feb. 7, 2007)  The U.S. Men's National Team match-up against Mexico on Wednesday (Feb. 7) at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Ariz., is sold out. Ticket sales for the game surpassed 60,000 late on Tuesday evening, guaranteeing a sell out in the 52nd all-time meeting between the USA and Mexico in international soccer. Fans are encouraged to arrive to the match early and to carpool to the stadium in order to help alleviate congestion.

The match is the first for new U.S. head coach Bob Bradley against the USA’s fiercest rival and will be played on the first international fixture date of 2007. The game will be broadcast live on ESPN2 and Univision beginning at 7 p.m. MT. Fans can also follow the match live online via ussoccer.com’s MatchTracker, and listen in Spanish-language on Futbol de Primera.

Link

México has to win, there's no excuse.

Hugo is not fooling around calling up a B team, he's calling up all the big names.

Most of the WC squad with the additions of: Mexican T.O. (Blanco), Bofo Bautista, Nery Castillo, among others.

Of course this team includes all the "Mexican legion" in Europe (Marquez, Pardo, Osorio, Salcido)

México wins of course, anyone willing to bet some PhinBucks? :wink:
ill bet 300

dont worry i got some in the bank

edit:wtf nvm none in bank

edit2:oh yah i spent it on north carolina

Mexico's probable lineup:

1.- Osvaldo Sanchez
4.- Rafael Marquez
3.- Carlos Salcido
2.- Ricardo Osorio
21.- Jaime Lozano
8.- Gonzalo Pineda
6.- Pavel Pardo
7.- Alberto Medina
11.- Nery Castillo
10.- Cuauhtemoc Blanco
9.- Jared Borgetti

I don't know about you guys

That's a pretty good lineup. As far as I can tell, the US is not coming out with anywhere near its best lineup. We won't have the Euro players as far as I know. So, if you guys lose this one... man that will be something you'll be reminded of many times in the future! :evil:

Based on the line-up, Mexico should be favored, but Bradley probably took notes as an assistant to Arena on how to play Mexico (problem is Arena was a better tactician than Bradley ever was, but Bradley's teams are usually counter-attacking teams, so that's good), so I'm hoping for the best.

Anyway, go USA!! (still not too up for this game though.. that WC disaster is still in my mind. I mean it just shows how weak both the US and Mexico are compared to the big teams!)

That's cool what the announcer said. US-Mexico (in the US) is the only time the home team tries to take the crowd out of it because most in the crowd are Mexican-Americans rooting for Mexico :lol:

Back
Top Bottom