The Official Lakers run for Championship #15 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Lakers run for Championship #15

Amars said:
Hello do you watch the NBA? This is a guard league now. Nobody has presence in middle besides the spurs, bulls, and houston.

Guard league? We are still in the era of the big man. No team wins without a dominant post player come playoff time. Detroit was an abberation.

Amars said:
Hello do you watch the NBA? This is a guard league now. Nobody has presence in middle besides the spurs, bulls, and houston.

Uhh, Orlando???

Dwight Howard absolutely schooled Ben Wallace Wednesday night.

Still no one giving love to Dwight and my Magic.

Ferretsquig said:
Guard league? We are still in the era of the big man. No team wins without a dominant post player come playoff time. Detroit was an abberation.

Big man WHAT? What dominant Big MEN are there? NONE. This is water down league of guards shooting from the perimeter and driving. DWADE single handly won the championship last year. There no more Abdul Jabbar, Patrick Ewings, Hakeem Olojuwan, David Robinson, Even Shaq was there at the end of that era. There no more dominant big men like before. Now the league runs on the back of Kobe, Dwade, Lebron, Carmelo to name of few. Your confused if you think this is the era of the big man.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Uhh, Orlando???

Dwight Howard absolutely schooled Ben Wallace Wednesday night.

Still no one giving love to Dwight and my Magic.

Sorry bout the young guy. He definaltly going to be force. I dont get to see to many Magic games here in los angeles. Actually I dont see any but the 2 the lakers play against. West Coast Bias.

Amars said:
Sorry bout the young guy. He definaltly going to be force. I dont get to see to many Magic games here in los angeles. Actually I dont see any but the 2 the lakers play against. West Coast Bias.

I live in the south east, I don't get to see many Magic games either. They're just a small market team, and until they make the playoffs, (they will this year), they won't be shown much on national TV.

However, I do see a lot of Laker games, as everyone in America does.

Amars said:
Big man WHAT? What dominant Big MEN are there? NONE. This is water down league of guards shooting from the perimeter and driving. DWADE single handly won the championship last year. There no more Abdul Jabbar, Patrick Ewings, Hakeem Olojuwan, David Robinson, Even Shaq was there at the end of that era. There no more dominant big men like before. Now the league runs on the back of Kobe, Dwade, Lebron, Carmelo to name of few. Your confused if you think this is the era of the big man.

They may sell the tickets but the champion will come from a short list of teams with post players. Denigrate Shaq all you want, but there still are few who can guard him one on one. As was made clear in that poll they put on espn of all NBA GMs. When asked who is the player you have to gameplan around the most, it certainly wasn't Kobe or Wade.

The next crop is coming in Howard, Oden, and hopefully Stoudamire. We may have a couple years where Kobe has his shot, but then we go back to handing our trophies to post players. Guards win scoring titles, Shaq, Timmy, and Hakeem win championships.

Ferretsquig said:
They may sell the tickets but the champion will come from a short list of teams with post players. Denigrate Shaq all you want, but there still are few who can guard him one on one. As was made clear in that poll they put on espn of all NBA GMs. When asked who is the player you have to gameplan around the most, it certainly wasn't Kobe or Wade.

The next crop is coming in Howard, Oden, and hopefully Stoudamire. We may have a couple years where Kobe has his shot, but then we go back to handing our trophies to post players. Guards win scoring titles, Shaq, Timmy, and Hakeem win championships.

Hey I agree with you 100% that you need a good big man to win. Every lakers championship had a big center. But in todays NBA there are not centers like there use to be, that why I feel that this is guard league now. Its a game that is not a outside - in game anymore, its more of a perimeter game.

Kobe Bryant might play tonight against Seattle and one-time rival Ray Allen, who called Bryant selfish two seasons ago after Bryant glowered at him in an exhibition game. (They have since made up.) Or Bryant, listed as day-to-day, might wait until Sunday's rematch in Seattle.
-- Los Angeles Times

LIGHTS OUT LAKERS

Good game today. Kobe first night back and did more then I expected. Still not in basketball shape as you can tell with his 6 turnovers and miss dunk in the 3rd. Once he gets into to shape you definately wont see that happen. Ronny "Superman" Turiaf is amazing tonight. He was all over the floor Making and Blocking shots. That Double Block in 4th was crazy. This guy can outpower anyone for a rebound and I like the way he goes up for them with 2 hands. Lamar hasnt stop his great play with 28pts 2nite. If Lamar can Average 22 Pts 9 Reb and 9 Ast it will be great. Luke play great tonight with his career high 20 Pts. Lakers got off to a fast start scoring 38 in the first qtr then had difficulties with 18 Turnovers. We know Kobe can correct his mistake but Bynum needs to take care of the ball also. 3-0 thus far and if you are a laker fan you have to be impressed with the energy they are playing with. I dont think anyone expect this. The problem now seems to be depth. Not the lack of but not enough floor time to give everyone especially when Mihm and Kwame comes back. Its a good problem to have. If Mihm comes back in good form like he played last year get ready for package trade of Mihm and Mckie at the trading deadline. Next game Sunday at Seattle.

Man I thought they were gonna fall apart when they lost the lead at the end of the third. I'm liking what I see here! I hope Farmar still gets minutes when Phil comes back. Phil is notorious for not playing rookies.

Ya I know. But he giving Farmar his time. He played good tonight. They definately slowed down in the 2nd and 3rd mainly because of turnovers.

Roman529 said:
Andrew Bynum looked good...I still think the Lakers will finish behind the Spurs, Mavs and Suns in the West but they are getting better.

They could still win 50+ and do that.

The west is strong this year.

I'm a big laker fan and I think this year will depend on the youngins. Farmar, Bynam, Turiaf.

Last year Kobe and Lamar were both healthy and played well. Especially Lamar at the end of the year. It looks like Lamar may have figured out this offense. We'll see.

So Far So Good.

Amars said:
Ronny "Superman" Turiaf is amazing tonight. He was all over the floor Making and Blocking shots. That Double Block in 4th was crazy. This guy can outpower anyone for a rebound and I like the way he goes up for them with 2 hands.

They have been looking for the tough man PF for the past decade. I think they've finally found him! I really was excited last year when they drafted him. He's the real deal.

culpepper2chambers said:
why did a player like farmar have to go to the lakers???

Why do you like farmar? I remember him on your sig. He from Taft high in los angeles and went to UCLA.

Back
Top Bottom