The Official Lakers run for Championship #15 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Lakers run for Championship #15

Amars said:
Why do you like farmar? I remember him on your sig. He from Taft high in los angeles and went to UCLA.

Lakers are a perfect fit. It's great to see a hometown kid play college and pro in the same city!

Plus it's great for me since I'm a HUGE UCLA fan. :D

You can't possibly bash Miami in one thread and talk about a Lakers CHAMPIONSHIP in another?

Nonetheless, I wish nothing but the best for the Lakers this year. I love Lamar Odom, I like Andrew Bynum, and believe it or not.. I'm not a Kobe hater at all, I just dislike him when he's not playing team ball. There are better teams to hate like San Antonio, Phoenix, & Dallas out West.

The Blueprint said:
You can't possibly bash Miami in one thread and talk about a Lakers CHAMPIONSHIP in another?

Nonetheless, I wish nothing but the best for the Lakers this year. I love Lamar Odom, I like Andrew Bynum, and believe it or not.. I'm not a Kobe hater at all, I just dislike him when he's not playing team ball. There are better teams to hate like San Antonio, Phoenix, & Dallas out West.

I didnt bash miami I just dont see them repeating. Miami has better chance then lakers in winning it. But repeating is harder then winning your first. Lakers Championship is far fetch but as being a lakers fan we expect to win it every year. Kinda like the yankees i guess.

REAL ugly game last night. This team plays no D. What happened with Lamar? 6 shots? Kobe is gonna take a minute to get back to form. Lamar needs bring it every night.

turnover turnover turnover. Also Kobe doesnt have his explosiveness back. 3-1 still good so far. Tonight against Twolves should be a good game. Future lakers player Garnett is in town.

I guess the big rumor yesterday was KG opting out after this year and going to LA. I dont possibly see how that could work for 2 reasons. 1. No way that can be fit into the salary cap with Odom, kobe, and KG 2. Odom, KG, and Kobe sharing 1 ball? kobe has a hard enough time giving Odom his touches, let alone KG and Odom. I dont think odom deserves to be a #3 option, he has been real professional so far in his stint with the lakers never complaining about touches, but if he were to move to #3 option i think he would start, thats just my feeling. IMO they don't need KG to win a title, they just need better role players to fill in. They need a good Pass-first PG, and then a Defensive Center, i dont liek Brown or Mihm at all, but Bynum looks promising.

I just don't know if kobe can ever win another title by himself( i kno i will prolly get bashed since this is a lakers thread), i just feel that come playoff time he would revert to his old ways of shoot first, second and third which haunted them in the past few seasons

I dont know how the Front Office is gonna get it done also because of salary but that the FO job. Lakers are high on garnet especially Dr. Buss base on lakers beat reporter reports here in los angeles but they dont say anything because of tampering nba rules.

Amars said:
I dont know how the Front Office is gonna get it done also because of salary but that the FO job. Lakers are high on garnet especially Dr. Buss base on lakers beat reporter reports here in los angeles but they dont say anything because of tampering nba rules.

yea true about the tampering rules. Do you think if KG where say willing to come to LA, they would get rid of Odom to make room for his salary?

I hope not. Right now Odom is soul of this team. But I believe in 07 the lakers are going to be in good Cap shape. Supposedly they were trying to free up space for lebron in 07 but that didnt happen because he resign with the cavs. I dont know how much KG will demand but he may take less to play for the lakers just based on making money on endorsement deals (even though he signed a $100mill lifetime deal with addidas). He's a smart business man so I pretty he will make the correct decision for KG.

Here the lakers free agent for 07. All these contract are off the books. Of course you want to resign Turiaf and Luke. The wild card is mihm because the lakers dont want to let him go for nothing. He played pretty good for a center.

Chris Mihm ............ 8/6/04 3 $11.4 million '07
Aaron McKie ........... 8/26/05 2 $5 million '07
Smush Parker .......... 8/3/05 2 minimum '07
Ronny Turiaf .......... 1/17/06 2 minimum '07
Luke Walton ........... 8/8/05 2 ??? '07
Shammond Williams ..... 7/12/06 1 $1.75 million '07

Amars said:
I hope not. Right now Odom is soul of this team. But I believe in 07 the lakers are going to be in good Cap shape. Supposedly they were trying to free up space for lebron in 07 but that didnt happen because he resign with the cavs. I dont know how much KG will demand but he may take less to play for the lakers just based on making money on endorsement deals (even though he signed a $100mill lifetime deal with addidas). He's a smart business man so I pretty he will make the correct decision for KG.

Here the lakers free agent for 07. All these contract are off the books. Of course you want to resign Turiaf and Luke. The wild card is mihm because the lakers dont want to let him go for nothing. He played pretty good for a center.

is mihm worth 11.4? Bynum might be able to take over Center next year, and if not if you have KG at PF you don't need a good Center, and Kwame/Bynum tandem could do just fine.

That is a scary thought
Farmer, Kobe, Odom, KG, Bynum

3 yrs @ 11.4
so its like 3.5/yr

Mihm played good when healthy for a league lacking good centers.

Amars said:
3 yrs @ 11.4
so its like 3.5/yr

Mihm played good when healthy for a league lacking good centers.

oh 3.5 aint bad, someone has to be taking up alot of cap, do you know how much Kwame's got?

Los Angeles Lakers Date # of total
Player signed years salary misc FA
Kwame Brown ........... 8/3/05 3 $25 million '08
Maurice Evans ......... 9/3/05 3 $4.5 million '08
Sasha Vujacic ......... ??/04 4 $4,488,152 rc '08
Kobe Bryant ........... 7/15/04 7 $136.4 million p-opt '09
Andrew Bynum .......... 7/6/05 4 $8,860,260 rc t-opt '09
Lamar Odom ............ 8/11/03 6 $71.7 million '09
Brian Cook ............ 7/6/03,10/31/06 4+3 $4,730,621+$10.5 mill '10
Jordan Farmar ......... 7/5/06 4 $4,975,920 rc t-opt '09+10
Vladimir Radmanovic ... 7/12/06 5 $31 million '11

Kwame signed in 05 and got a 3yr 25 mill contract.

The Lake show gave up all hope of having cap flexibility with the Vlad and Kwame signings. They already had Kobe - 20 mil, Odom - 13 mil, and the young guys ~ 6 mil. The cap will be around 55 mil so they should have around a mil to spend. I think Garnett will ask for a bit more.

Someone will have to gut their team in order to get Garnett in a sign and trade, and I don't know if hes worth it. Although if I were Cleveland I'd trade the entire team to pair him with the king.

Back
Top Bottom