The Official NHL Playoffs Thread!!!!! | Page 52 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official NHL Playoffs Thread!!!!!

Oh...a few rumours I heard today...

Ed Jovanovski to Florida...if they offer him the max.

Patrick Elias is a goner out of Jersey. Lou has already told him (according to rumours) that he'll only offer him the same as he was paid this year. Expect him to go to the Rangers. They will have cap room and he can join his fellow Czechs.

Wade Redden to Anaheim. The Ducks cleared a ton of cap room this season, and with all their forwards being very young and under team control for a few years until they are arbitration eligable they have room to add another top flight defenseman.

Roberto Luongo will take the Panthers to arbitration and probably get a one year deal. If that happens Keenan will trade him, likely before the season starts.

The Sabres will probably let Numminen and McKee both walk.

Take it all with a grain of salt.

Jovanoski's day has come and gone, and they better not offer him the max. I do not see Luongo staying, he has a ton of talent and it's scary to think what he will be able to do with a defense in front of him.

Dolfan1034 said:
Jovanoski's day has come and gone, and they better not offer him the max. I do not see Luongo staying, he has a ton of talent and it's scary to think what he will be able to do with a defense in front of him.
Come and gone?

A 30 year old defenseman who can play 30 minutes a night, is great offensively (in an era when you need to be), has great wheels (in an era when skating is a premium) and is a great leader is'nt worth the max?

If Bryan McCabe is getting 6 million a year then Jovo is worth 10...the guy is twice the player McCabe is...

Compare the Canucks with Jovo and without him, he's worth #1 defenseman money...and #1 defenseman money is the max.

And before you say it, I am the furthest thing from a Canucks fan as there is...

Dang I thought he was older, I didn't realize the Panthers drafted him, I thought they picked him up, but no he did impress me in Florida, even though the stats don't show it, and I just checked out his numbers lately and he put up some pretty impressive stats in Vancouver. I take back what I said, I was going strictly on his days in Florida, and the knowledge that I thought I had on him. It looks like his day is actually right now.

1 - 0 Oilers :16 seconds in...

Good start BUT on the gola the Oilers continued to show their disturbing tendency to pass up shots. Stoll had it in the slot, no one around him and he threw it to the point. He has to take that shot.

Let me understand this...Mick McGough is standing 2 feet away, looking at the play and DOES'NT call Hemsky for a penalty, yet Paul Devorski (the worst referee in hockey) DOES make the call from 100 feet away...

I thought it COULD have been a penalty (I think Brind 'A Mour dove) but why the hell does the guy 100 feet away think it's a penalty but the guy 2 feet away, watching the play does'nt think it's a penalty?

This referee pair is the WORST in the NHL. Why they are in the Finals is beyond comprehension.

...And just as I'm about to press "submit" Devorski calls a horse**** hooking penalty. He must have a quota tonight. I suspect this will be one of those 15 power play games. Let the players play the damn game.

2 - 1 'Canes...

This is what happens when officials have this much control. Both power play goals were on penalties that were not penalties.

Credit to the 'Canes for burying their chances but for the love of all things right in the World, can we see some ****ing 5 on 5 hockey for more then 3 consectutive ****ing minutes.

BTW, I'd be going on this same rant if the positions were reversed. I HATE watching power play after power play.

I guess this is what Bettman thinks the "hockey hotbeds" of the Southern US want to see.

ANOTHER penalty, this time to Cullen.

Borderline call but after calling two straight crappy penalties on the Oilers I guess Devorski decided it was time for the Oilers to have a powerplay.

2 - 2....Hemsky finally shots the damn puck and burys one top shelf.

Someone needs to grab him and DEMAND that he shots the puck.

The Oilers are now 2 for 26 on the powerplay....YUCK! The 'Canes are killing penalties so well now it is almost rediculous. They block so many shots.

Well, hate to bang the same drum but, yet another penalty. That makes 5 in the first period.

What did I say earlier? This could be a 15 powerplay night?We are right on track for that...

Back
Top Bottom