The official official BOXING THREAD! | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The official official BOXING THREAD!

Roy put on a good performance saturday, but he's gotten hit in the head one to many times if he thinks that he can get down to 156.

i dont get it. even IF he could get down to 156, wouldnt u think he learned his lesson of losing weight like that

Maybe he needs more money to buy more chickens...

This insanity. Whyt not 160? DLH sported a nice B-cup when he fought Sturn.

i dont get it. even IF he could get down to 156, wouldnt u think he learned his lesson of losing weight like that

You would think he learned his lesson but keep this in mind, there is no bigger pay day than a fight with Oscar De La Hoya. Getting the Oscar fight is like winning the lottery. RJJ would get at least 8 to 10 mill just to step in the ring and probably a percentage of PPV buys. I know making 156 is a stretch but for the kind of money he would get for this fight, it's worth it. He'd have to fight Tito 5 times to make the kind of money he would with Oscar. As a matter of fact he'd have to fight any of the big names 5 times (other than Floyd), just to get Oscar money (Bernard, Winky, Calzaghe, Taylor, u name it, their not even close to Oscar money). This is just an exaggeration however, it will never happen. This is just Roy Jones keeping his name out there after a win that he hopes resurrects his career. He'll get another big fight but an Oscar fight isn't going to happen either way. Oscar's fighting 3 times this year, a bum in May, Floyd in September, and a goodbye fight in December which will probably be against a lesser fighter so Oscar rides off into the sunset. Really no need to believe the hype on this because the chances of Roy being the farewell fight in December are slim and none and slim's got a foot out of the door as we speak!

roy/tito did over 500K buys.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=3212798

Wow, I'm pretty surprised, I must say. Tito fans buying was a given but being that Roy Jones was on the decline and not much of a PPV draw in the past, I am shocked he held up his end of the bargin and this fight generated this many buys. This is definitely going to lead to another PPV fight for Roy in his next fight and it definitely leaves the door open for Tito to continue putting the gloves on. You know Don King is still seeing big $$$ with Tito after this, so he will do whatever he can to get Tito back in the ring. Seeing that Roy Jones is actually a decent draw on PPV, maybe Oscar De La Hoya will take that challenge at 156 after all LMAO JK!

You shouldnt be that surprised, boxing fans in general thrive on big match ups and as of late they have been few and far between.

margarito/cintron has been added to the cotto/gomez card! zab wanted too much money.

margarito/cintron has been added to the cotto/gomez card! zab wanted too much money.

Gonna be a good one. I fully expect Cintron to put on a better performance against Margarito than he did last time. I still think Margarito's the favorite to win this fight (particularly if he fights the way he did his last performance), but I don't expect Cintron to get blown out in 5 like he did the previous time they met. I know Cintron had a tough scrap with Feliciano his last time out, but if you can believe reports, he hurt his hand early in the fight, which was why he had trouble closing the show. I know he injured his hand, I just don't know what round the injury actually occurred. Plus I believe Feliciano's son had died so he was fighting with an extra motivation that night!

As for Zab, I'm glad he didn't take this fight. Let him fight a couple of more Friday Night fights, get a few more wins under his belt, and gain some more confidence back. Maybe he could actually KO someone soon, which I think would help him mentally. He needs to Cosme Rivera someone bad. Zab's got work to do to re-establish himself as a true contender (which he can be), but if he rushed into the Margarito match-up for a pay day and got blown out, he would fall into opponent status. I think he still has a little more to offer then just being an opponent so maybe this is a blessing in disguise. Good info Lightsout. Keep it coming, it's appreciated!

Berto looked very good tonight. Paul Williams is in trouble right now. I have it 6-4 Quintana with 2 rounds to go. Lederman has it even. The rounds that Quintana has won have mostly been decisive rounds, while the Williams rounds have been closer.

Quintana wins a unanimous decision over Paul Williams. 115-113, 116-112, 116-112.
Harold Lederman had it 115-113 for Williams, I have no idea what fight he was watching. Quintana landed the harder punches all night and definitely deserved the decision.

Back
Top Bottom