The Official WWE/TNA Pro Wrestling Thread | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official WWE/TNA Pro Wrestling Thread

WWE's plan at the moment is to have The Great Khali win the WWE World Championship at tonight's Smackdown tapings once Edge vacates it due to his pectoral tear injury. There will be a Battle Royal later in the show and the winner of the match will win the title.

Furthermore, the match between Khali & Batista at the Great American Bash will now be a title match.

PWInsider.com
see this pisses me off... Khali brings nothing to the WWE, hes not a great wrestler. He cant put on a great match yet hes goona win the WWE Title, yet Kane whos been working so hard only had the title 1 day in his career chance is over. He dont complain because hes about putting the young guys over but now WWE has a chance to give him the title and give him a run he long deserves and they blow it by giving it to Khali who will lose it to batista at the bash.

Khali's just being rewarded for being so big. He stinks on ice in the ring. Didn't he kill a guy in the ring a few years back?

How did Edge get hurt?

Edge has a torn pectoral muscle from taking a bad bump during the Mardi Gras angle on last week's edition of SmackDown. He is going to be out of action for an undetermined length of time. It all hinges upon whether he goes in for surgery and just tries to have it heal from rehab. Edge is obviously disappointed over the timing of the injury because the plan was for him to have a long reign as champion, not to mention be the top star on SmackDown.

Wrestling Observer

see this pisses me off... Khali brings nothing to the WWE, hes not a great wrestler. He cant put on a great match yet hes goona win the WWE Title, yet Kane whos been working so hard only had the title 1 day in his career chance is over. He dont complain because hes about putting the young guys over but now WWE has a chance to give him the title and give him a run he long deserves and they blow it by giving it to Khali who will lose it to batista at the bash.
Their theory behind that is certain guys dont need to have a belt to be main eventers, and Kane happens to be one of them. I for one dont agree with them. I think you give your money guys the belt to draw more credibility to the title and the "competition".

Their theory behind that is certain guys dont need to have a belt to be main eventers, and Kane happens to be one of them. I for one dont agree with them. I think you give your money guys the belt to draw more credibility to the title and the "competition".

I think the theory is also some of the beloved wrestlers fit well into the mold of underdog. No one likes an underdog on top. I agree though Kane should def. gain the title for smackdown. I'd start watching smackdown again if they gave him the belt.

i wonder if there is any chance that there will be a main eventer from RAW brought over to fill the void while Edge has surgery and rehabs?

or will they just put the strap back on Batista and give him another run as a monster babyface squashing everyone?

either way i don't see Khali staying champ for very long.

i wonder if there is any chance that there will be a main eventer from RAW brought over to fill the void while Edge has surgery and rehabs?

or will they just put the strap back on Batista and give him another run as a monster babyface squashing everyone?

either way i don't see Khali staying champ for very long.

I could see Khali as champ until UNDERTAKER returns. Then set up the long-term plan as of now of Edge-Undertaker for WrestleMania. STREAK vs STREAK

I could see Khali as champ until UNDERTAKER returns. Then set up the long-term plan as of now of Edge-Undertaker for WrestleMania. STREAK vs STREAK

That could work but I guess it just depends on how long Edge is gonna be out. It sucks cuz I haven't been following it as much lately (cuz it sucks for the most part) but Edge is one of the guys I like to see. I was even thinking of going to the Great American Bash since it's in San Jose but not with Khali as champ. They aint gettin' my money to see that big goof in the Main Event.

Smackdown needs a couple of really good heels to make that program better

That could work but I guess it just depends on how long Edge is gonna be out. It sucks cuz I haven't been following it as much lately (cuz it sucks for the most part) but Edge is one of the guys I like to see. I was even thinking of going to the Great American Bash since it's in San Jose but not with Khali as champ. They aint gettin' my money to see that big goof in the Main Event.

It's not the main event. Cena-Lashely is!

wwe.com said:
January 2006: Batista suffers a torn triceps during a match with Mark Henry at a WWE live event. As a result, The Animal surrenders the World Heavyweight Championship on January 10 in Philadelphia; Theodore Long holds a Battle Royal to determine a new champion while Batista undergoes surgery and is out of action for six months.
Summer 2006:
After losing the gold at WrestleMania in April, Kurt Angle suffers a multitude of injuries throughout the summer, most seriously a torn groin muscle in August. Later that same month, Angle is released from WWE.
October 2006:
Rey Mysterio, who won the gold from Angle, suffers a serious knee injury at the hands of Chavo Guerrero. Mysterio, only three months removed from being champion, is put on the shelf indefinitely; as of this article, he still has yet to return.
April 2007:
King Booker, who defeated Mysterio for the gold but lost it to Batista at Survivor Series in late-November, is knocked out of action by then-champion Undertaker. Thanks to a Tombstone on the announce table, Booker suffers a sprained and strained neck. He was never seen on SmackDown again, as he was drafted to Raw on June 11, and has since returned to action on Monday nights.
Later that same month, Undertaker suffered a torn biceps just weeks after winning the gold. Edge swooped in, picked the bones and took the title while The Deadman took a trip to the disabled list; Edge, however, solidified the curse theory by relinquishing the gold due to injury on Tuesday night
http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/articles/5053332/titlecurse

Back
Top Bottom