The Official WWE/TNA Pro Wrestling Thread | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official WWE/TNA Pro Wrestling Thread

Hornswoggle won the Cruiserweight Title!!

Now thats funny!!!

For those who didn't see the GAB:

WWE Great American Bash - Match Results

- United States Title: Montel Vontavious Porter def. Matt Hardy to retain

- Cruiserweight Title Open: Hornswoggle def. Noble, Chavo, Funaki, Yang and Moore to win the title

- Singapore Cane on a Pole: Carlito def. The Sandman

- Women's Title: Candice Michelle def. Melina to retain

- Intercontinental Title: Umaga def. Jeff Hardy to retain

- ECW Title: John Morrison def. CM Punk to retain

- Texas Bullrope Match: Randy Orton def. Dusty Rhodes

- World Title: The Great Khali def. Kane and Batista to retain

- WWE Title: John Cena def. Bobby Lashley to retain

For those who didn't see the GAB:

WWE Great American Bash - Match Results

- United States Title: Montel Vontavious Porter def. Matt Hardy to retain

- Cruiserweight Title Open: Hornswoggle def. Noble, Chavo, Funaki, Yang and Moore to win the title

- Singapore Cane on a Pole: Carlito def. The Sandman

- Women's Title: Candice Michelle def. Melina to retain

- Intercontinental Title: Umaga def. Jeff Hardy to retain

- ECW Title: John Morrison def. CM Punk to retain

- Texas Bullrope Match: Randy Orton def. Dusty Rhodes

- World Title: The Great Khali def. Kane and Batista to retain

- WWE Title: John Cena def. Bobby Lashley to retain

None of the major titles changed hands. How boring.

Welcome to modern day WWE.

Hey it's better than in 2001 when the WWE had about 10 titles (WWE World Title, WCW Title, IC, US, both Tag Teams, Lightweight Title, Crusierweight Title, Hardcore Title and European Title) that were changing hands almost weekly to the point where it was almost impossible to keep track of who was champion. That kind of thing hurts the actual championship if people win it every month or so. You need long title reigns to make the titles mean something.

Cena has had the belt forever now. Over 18 months I think.

And the gameplan is for him to hold it till WrestleMania where of course....HHH takes it from him!!

And the gameplan is for him to hold it till WrestleMania where of course....HHH takes it from him!!

Which is good because it makes the person beating him for the title that much stronger and the win that much more meaningful.

The WWE really needs to build up both the IC title and the tag titles again, those belts have turned into a huge joke ever since the days of Jericho/Benoit battles and the Edge & Christian/Hardys/Dudley wars.

I had heard he was going to drop it to Orton at Summerslam so Orton could do the job for HHH at Wrestlemania.

Either scneario brings is back full circle to HHH though....funny, as long as he's been sans title, it still doesnt feel like its been long enough:ninja:

Back
Top Bottom