The player with the most upside for us with the 9th pick | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The player with the most upside for us with the 9th pick

I think these guys would be nice to have,

1 Ginn if he is healthy.
2 Okoye
3 Landry
4 Revis
5 Willis

On this list Okoye would be #5 for me. It's not that he isn't good- it's that we are loaded with young talent at DT/NT. Fire away at will at the NT part, I don't care. Evans, Wright, Wright, Vickerson, Holliday. I don't claim to be a talent scout in training, but Evans was very, very impressive in TC and pre-season last year. Then add Wright/Wright to the equation. Every other guy on the list FILLS A NEED. Straight BPA is somewhat of a myth in my opinion. The two standouts appear to be Ginn and Willis. And yes, I'm biased because Willis ripped off two sub 4.4 40's, as I should be. Add that to his size, quickness, and body of work (and character) and what comes to mind is "wow". Who better to replace Zach Thomas when that day comes? He looks like the real deal.

The closer we come to the draft the more I get the feeling we might make a trade up for C. Johnson or just stay put and take Ginn jr.. I think for an offensive mind like Cam he needs the the right chess figures, he didnt seem to have gotten them through free agency yet, so he may try to through the draft.

A wideout with game breaking skills would be the right move come draft time.

Just remember, historically speaking, it takes receivers an average of 2 years to adjust to the NFL. Some are quicker, some never adjust, but on average, 2 years before they make any real impact.

Straight BPA is somewhat of a myth in my opinion. The two standouts appear to be Ginn and Willis. And yes, I'm biased because Willis ripped off two sub 4.4 40's, as I should be. Add that to his size, quickness, and body of work (and character) and what comes to mind is "wow". Who better to replace Zach Thomas when that day comes? He looks like the real deal.

I agree with your view on Willis 100% .. If Miami doesn't trade down and go O-line with their first pick, we HAVE to get Willis..

Let's face it, Zach will be an old 35 when the season starts.. You can't fight age, we all get older.. He has been beaten up through his career with his small frame .. We may have 1 more real productive season from him..

Willis would be IDEAL to replace Zach .. BTW, I am one of those who'd trade Zach for a 2nd and draft Willis with our 1st.. With that 2nd we can get another good player and replace Zach who's time is running out quickly..

I agree with your view on Willis 100% .. If Miami doesn't trade down and go O-line with their first pick, we HAVE to get Willis..

Let's face it, Zach will be an old 35 when the season starts.. You can't fight age, we all get older.. He has been beaten up through his career with his small frame .. We may have 1 more real productive season from him..

Willis would be IDEAL to replace Zach .. BTW, I am one of those who'd trade Zach for a 2nd and draft Willis with our 1st.. With that 2nd we can get another good player and replace Zach who's time is running out quickly..

I can live with that.

I would not want Ginn at number 9 for anything. :ninja::ninja::ninja:

back you evil Ginn fans. No Randall Hill part 2!!

Most potential is Okoye easily on that list.

Willis is the safest pick in the draft

I would not want Ginn at number 9 for anything. :ninja::ninja::ninja:

back you evil Ginn fans. No Randall Hill part 2!!

Most potential is Okoye easily on that list.

Willis is the safest pick in the draft

OK but will that make our team better to the point we will then make the playoffs. We need offense and a impact skill player would be a good start,
dont you think?

OK but will that make our team better to the point we will then make the playoffs. We need offense and a impact skill player would be a good start,
dont you think?

Plucking a 2nd round WR would give us that skilled type of player when there is a good chance a Sidney Rice could be there. He is just as good as Ginn JR better route runner and better hands then Ginn Jr.

Ginn Jr = most over-rated player in this draft and hasnt even had a practice since the end of the season. And yes I hold injuries against the players.

As for Okoye yes he would make an imediate impact on the team and make us a better team right now on defense. He would free up Porter and JT to rush the passter better and easily plug the middle for Zach on the 4-3 times (about 30% of the time). He could be a major impact then with either traylor or Holliday and as he puts on weight he could grow into a NT.

Was Tim Bowens a big impact on Miami when he was drafted? He was NFL DROY after all. This kid is just like Tim Bowens but younger then he was.

My own choice is trade back to around 16-20 and draft Joe Staley. Use the extra 2nd for a Guard like Sears, blalock, Grubbs or Center like Kalil if he is in the 2nd still at pick 40

Swipe Stanton and then pluck some secondary help.

Football is a game won and lost in the trenches if you get the QB time any WR can get open a 1st or a 7th round talent. We have plenty of 2-3 type WRs on this team from Chambers, Booker, Hagan, Hakeem and even Vick has that potential (and good potential returning kicks).

If we go for a WR we need one with a number 1 type potential and I dont see that in Ginn JR at all. Actually I would draft any of the top WRs in this draft before Ginn JR. Be it Bowe, Meachem, CJ, or even Jarrett. I would even consider Rice about the same value, a top of the 2nd to late late 1st (25-35 value for a pick).

Sorry dude, I am completely and utterly against Ginn Jr for his play style, durability and even his past preformances. He is not an endzone threat with the ball, he is a very straight runner and track sprinter type. He is a great KR/PR but you dont draft that in the 1st round. You dont take that even in the 2nd round except rare occasions. I see him at most as a slot WR and a number 2 at best case. Worst case you get a lesser Daunte Hall that is easily injured.

Back
Top Bottom