The player with the most upside for us with the 9th pick | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The player with the most upside for us with the 9th pick

I picked Ginn first because he would have a bigger impact on our team overall
I disagree. I am not so sure Ginn would have a bigger impact on our team than Landry or even Quinn.

I agree with this. Ginn's impact would be huge on our Offense. His impact would be from the start of the game with his kick returns. He would be a homerun threat from the start and would open and continuously put us in great field position all game long.

He would not need to start. We can still start Chambers and either Booker or Hagan. Ginn would still get as many snaps as Booker or Hagan, but as our #3 WR.

Then he would stretch our vertical offense, stretch the defense, and open up the middle for Chambers in the slot. Our running game would have less crowdiness and Chambers would make the Pro Bowl again.

Ginn is a no brainer as far as improving our offense is concerned "if" Cameron feels that Shelton, Carey, Alabi, or Toledo can be our LT.

Even still, MIA can still put either Shelton or Carey at LT and draft another LT prospect in the 2nd round at either #60 or even #40 if Staley was still around.

If the choice was Levi Brown, then whichever WR we targeted in the 2nd round would not have the impact that Ginn would have as far as starting caliber, stretching the field, or on field position.

There will still be some speedsters like Jason Hill...but they are not starting caliber WR's. Hill is no more a prospect than Marcus Vick or Kelly Campbell.

Ginn Jr would instantly upgrade our offense. Would Brown? No. Because he wouldn't improve us much more than Shelton or Carey would at LT IMO.

So Ginn would have the biggest impact on offense of any other player we can draft at #9.
I would agree with choosing a 3rd WR and a punt/kickoff return man in the 3rd of 4th rd. I am not doubting Ginn's talent but he is not a polished WR. We don't need another WR dropping balls and running poor routes.

Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville. He has a very long and productive career ahead of him (19 .. Amazing). As much as I hate to draft for the Defensive, it is clear that he has the most long term value.

If it means getting Hester like production in the return game and a speedy flanker to spread a defense out . . . by all means . . . let them laugh away.
I agree. I hope our team is Comedy Central.

If we got Calvin Johnson, It would feel like we won the lottery, at least for me.

Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville. He has a very long and productive career ahead of him (19 .. Amazing). As much as I hate to draft for the Defensive, it is clear that he has the most long term value.

This guy is the only person in the front 7(dline/LB) i would take, hes a hell of a player now and he is no where near how good he is gonna be at 19, plus to graduate college at 19 with a degree in Psychology you have to be a pretty bright guy.

There are only two players in this years draft that would make me extremly happy if we would select them, the first being C. Johnson, someone we need badly and Ginn Jr..The reason being they would improve our team the most with there addition. Our weak spots on last years team was offense, any one of those two guys would improve our offense the most in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom