The reason running back Damien Williams hasn’t signed his restricted FA tender | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The reason running back Damien Williams hasn’t signed his restricted FA tender

Either you want to be here or you don't..He's lucky to get that 1.8 Mil...Do we want a guy on the roster that thinks he's worth more than he's getting...I don't...This is the kind of thing you use to send a massage to other players. Get greedy get gone...Most people would Kill for 1.8 Mil...Other players get more others get less...The powers that be said we'll pay you this...Take it and like it or get 0.0 for the year...Good luck Buddy.

This is the kind of situation where if you can throw in a little sweetener to get the guy in camp and ready to go, you do it.

Williams was actually a pretty good weapon in the red zone in 2016.
I would sweeten nothing. And I don't think that is the type of team they are building.

I would sweeten nothing. And I don't think that is the type of team they are building.

You're joking, right? Look at the contract they gave Andre Branch. Damien Williams had more impact plays in spot duty than Andre Branch had in 16 games as a starter. And if you just look at pure statistical production, 6 touchdowns vs 5.5 sacks. They're building a team where they want to keep their own guys and reward production and effort, right?

Well, looks like we got a real conundrum here.

I haven't seen DW's contract demands, but I don't believe he's being unreasonable on the surface here.

IMO he can be a very good RB for someone. I like his play a lot. He just needs PT. I feel he can be a second RB for a team but because of Drake's presence in Miami Damien won't get it here. Wish he would just sign and play out this season because he could set himself up for good pay day next season for sure.

If I'm not mistaken $1.8M would make him the highest paid running back on our roster in 2017. Don't be a dope, Damien. Know that for now this is where your value is, do what you can to increase that during the season, and go tag-free next year. If you play tomyour strengths you'll get offers next year.

This is the first year where he's been useful in any way in any meaningful games. While I'm happy to see him make progress this year and look like a contributor I think a big reason teams didn't want to sign him is because they need to see a bigger sample size. Play under the tag for a year, make the most of your opportunities when you get the ball, and play for that contract next year.

Back
Top Bottom