The reason running back Damien Williams hasn’t signed his restricted FA tender | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The reason running back Damien Williams hasn’t signed his restricted FA tender

Agree w beach bum and fin fan - Williams is in no position to do this.

Can they trade him for like a 5th round pick in next year's draft?

He might go to a team where he can be the #2 RB

Didn't Marshawn Lynch's rights get the Seahawks a 7th round pick? I doubt Williams would get a 5th. I don't think missing the workout sessions will be a big deal. If he's still out during OTAs and it's getting close to training camp then it becomes a problem. I would like to see him back, but he's a player good teams should be able to replace if needed. If your team can't overcome losing Williams you never had a good team to begin with.

Can they trade him for like a 5th round pick in next year's draft?

He might go to a team where he can be the #2 RB

lmao at the thought that a third-string running back can get a 5th round pick. Williams would be lucky to be picked up by anyone, let alone get trade value.

Williams has been on the Dolphins for a few years, so the coaches and players know him. If he had to start from scratch with another team, I don't think he'd make that team.

lmao at the thought that a third-string running back can get a 5th round pick. Williams would be lucky to be picked up by anyone, let alone get trade value.

Williams has been on the Dolphins for a few years, so the coaches and players know him. If he had to start from scratch with another team, I don't think he'd make that team.

I don't know, Gillislee and Darkwa made NFL rosters after leaving Miami. Looking at some of the other rosters, I think Williams would find a home. But I doubt anyone would give up a 5th round pick.

Did everyone pick up the throwaway comment by Clyde Christensen in his press conference that he likes the look of the big bodied RB from Michigan (he was referring to Undrafted Free Agent, DeVeon Smith). Maybe this was a not-so-subtle message to Damien Williams that if you don't re-sign, we've got somebody we like already in the building.

Gray,Gillislee,Darkwa made impacts when they left Miami....Damien is a good pass catching/goal line back & He is pretty good at blitz pick ups. Maybe a team like the Bucs or Giants idk

I don't know how someone just balks at 2 mil tax free for not being a starter...
How is it tax free? By playing in Florida he just avoids paying State taxes, he still gets hit with Federal taxes which are significant.

If he doesn't sign prior to camp cuts he's a goner. There will be plenty of options for the team come camp cuts.

Do you think it's about the nutrition content of his lunches or maybe Special Teams Coach Rizzi doesn't give him enough feedback? Of course it's about the money - he's holding out to be paid more.

Obviously it's about money, but my point is how can he be so dilusionsl? Every team had the option to sign you with out giving anything to Miami, and you had one visit and no offers. If Miami gets annoyed with his hold out and cuts him, witch has to be his only realalistic goal from holding out, his only option will be to sign for less than 1.8 million for 2027 on a team that has a more open rb competition.

Trade talk is funny, and foolish. Everytean could have had him with out giving away a draft pick and had zero interest.

If he doesn't sign prior to camp cuts he's a goner. There will be plenty of options for the team come camp cuts.

I think he needs to be in before the start of training camp to avoid that fate. I'd be surprised if the team waited until camp cuts to make a move. Hell I'm looking at Christine Michael on the market now and thinking just sign Michael on a cheap deal and sign UDFA Joseph Yearby and call it a day. You could have Yearby and Michael for less than Williams will cost. Ajayi, Drake, Michael with Smith or Yearby would be decent.

Looks to me like he plans on being a member of the Miami Dolphins for the foreseeable future...

Cool good to hear that he is in the fodder, now we can evaluate if he deserves the raise he desires.

Back
Top Bottom