The retirement papers WATCH thread. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The retirement papers WATCH thread.

He probably ran out of zig-zags and smoked his retirement papers.

yankeehillbilly said:
Is there some animosity going on here from Ricky? When he said he was retiring a week before TC I just thought he was being selfish and irresponsible. But now that he is dragging his feet on submitting the documents I have to wonder, is he purposely trying to hurt the Phins?
i dunno but i got the same feeling

Still no papers.....not signed yet......

Fines for not showing up begin today......

DAY EIGHT OF THE WATCH.

He probably rolled up the papers when he got the crave for a smoke. :lol:

Are you guys seriously thinking that because he didn't sign his papers HES thinking of coming back? Hes somewhere in eastern Mongolia just daring the NFL to try and find him. The longer this gos on, the more likey it is that nobody will even SEE him again than get him to sign some "meaningless" papers.

You can fine him all you want for missing practice.... Hes gone man. Far gone.

SUPKEM said:
Are you guys seriously thinking that because he didn't sign his papers HES thinking of coming back? Hes somewhere in eastern Mongolia just daring the NFL to try and find him. The longer this gos on, the more likey it is that nobody will even SEE him again than get him to sign some "meaningless" papers.

I think the consesus here is not that "if he doesn't file the papers that'll he'll change his mind and come back." I believe a majority of people here are waiting to see if Ricky lives up to his end of the bargain and follow through with his retirement. Right now, it looks like he's doing what we've come to fully expect from him now--which is, whatever moves hime at that moment, whether or not it's consistent with what he's said. It doesn't take a herculean effort to sign a form. His agent could just fax him the form, he could sign it and fax it to Paul Tagliabue. I mean, we're not talking rocket surgery here. But I guess that would take some personal responsibility on Ricky's part. And we've all seen in the past week just how well he stacks up in that department.

Michael

SUPKEM said:

Merman if you will not this dude a :goof:

I will........

Ricky would have to file retirement papers and then the Dolphins could put him on the reserve retired list. The contract is suspended, (tolled in contract language) the roster spot and cap space is recovered. Retiring is to Ricky's advantage as he would not have to pay his fine. He can also un-retire whenever he wants.

If Ricky does not file for retirement and "otherwise fails or refuses to perform his services under this contract" the Dolphins can put him on the reserve did not report list. The contract is tolled, the roster spot and cap space is recovered.

You got it goofball?

The papers remain unsigned....but the Cap Space is recovered........

Now it's up to Ricky to put up or shut up......If he does not send in his papers...get this: Under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, Ricky still would have to conform to any suspensions or fines that the NFL has imposed on him prior to sending in his papers......

So the question is: DID the NFL fine him his 4 game checks?

This Ricky retirement party is costing him a pretty penny.....

SUPKEM said:

Most of us Dolphin fans could really care less about RW's at this point !!!!

It's his salary's affect on the teams cap that is the concern ....

And I hope that the Dolphins organization follows the collective barganing agreement and collects as much backloaded $$$ that the contract will allow ..

If anything I hope that Ricky is made an example of period !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Marino1983

Section126 said:
The papers remain unsigned....but the Cap Space is recovered........

Now it's up to Ricky to put up or shut up......If he does not send in his papers...get this: Under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, Ricky still would have to conform to any suspensions or fines that the NFL has imposed on him prior to sending in his papers......

So the question is: DID the NFL fine him his 4 game checks?

This Ricky retirement party is costing him a pretty penny.....

His roster spot is also recovered. The retirement papers mean nothing now. Whether he formally files for retirement or just never comes back it is the same. If he petitions the NFL to be reinstated he will still be subject to the three game fine and a four game suspension if he did fail another drug test.

I suppose he may have to file for retirement for any pension benefits when he turns 55 years of age.

We probably will find out if Ricky did fail another drug test but that information is suppose to be kept confidential. There are substantial money penalties for disclosing drug test information and there is still plenty of heat on for who disclosed the first and second failed drug test. Whoever did it must keep silent for now.

So I guess this thread is finally over, cause Ricky finally turned in the papers, So whats next for us Resign O-gun, Extend Chambers contract, or are we going to try to get the 8 million outta Ricky, I hope so.

Back
Top Bottom