The retirement papers WATCH thread. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The retirement papers WATCH thread.

ChambOfCommerce said:
Dude, before this latest failed drug test it was interesting, now, who really gives a rats a$$?

Failed drug test or no, it's STILL interesting. If RW doesn't sign his retirement papers, we don't get our cap money back. If we want our money back, we'd have to cut him... but then we loose out on the opportunity to get back the signing bonus that N.O. gave him and possibly even the incentives we gave him. So regardless of Williams playing or not this year... it is still VERY interesting.

phinphanphrommi said:
Failed drug test or no, it's STILL interesting. If RW doesn't sign his retirement papers, we don't get our cap money back. If we want our money back, we'd have to cut him... but then we loose out on the opportunity to get back the signing bonus that N.O. gave him and possibly even the incentives we gave him. So regardless of Williams playing or not this year... it is still VERY interesting.
He's under contract, if he doesn't sign the paper's and doesn't show, we dont' have to pay him. It does effect the total cap, but it's not liek we are going to go out and use all that cap reilief now. Stop trying to make this bigger than it is.

We don't have to pay him for the games he misses... but we don't get his cap money back until he retires. Why would we? Say he decides to come back game 6 or 7 you think they're gonna give us his cap space back when he's still on the team and could come back at any time? Personally I find 3.4 million of essentially dead cap space interesting... if you don't think it is... Why not just move on to a different thread?

phinphanphrommi said:
We don't have to pay him for the games he misses... but we don't get his cap money back until he retires. Why would we? Say he decides to come back game 6 or 7 you think they're gonna give us his cap space back when he's still on the team and could come back at any time? Personally I find 3.4 million of essentially dead cap space interesting... if you don't think it is... Why not just move on to a different thread?

Agree 100%...sign those damn retirement papers. He's being a real jerk and I have a bad feeling that they are taking this time to talk him into coming back...sign them damn papers and continue your voyage of finding the truth you loser!!!

Not to mention that not having that cap space kills any deal that we may do for any bigtimer.......

It also holds up a Ogun deal........

See? It is rather important......

BTW...did you know that if he does not sign those papers.....and decides to serve his suspension for the 3rd failed test....that his salary for this year will count against our cap even if we don't pay him?

This thing is a disaster.

Section126 said:
Not to mention that not having that cap space kills any deal that we may do for any bigtimer.......

It also holds up a Ogun deal........

See? It is rather important......

BTW...did you know that if he does not sign those papers.....and decides to serve his suspension for the 3rd failed test....that his salary for this year will count against our cap even if we don't pay him?

This thing is a disaster.

thats rediculous

it does matter because once news of those retirement papers come in...i personally am going to jump around hell and have a good *** time...going to run around the neighborhood and scream he's finally gone...

people once he is gone FOR GOOD...i will be the happiest perosn in the world....

FiN.in.RI said:
That all of that stuff happens if he doesnt sign the papers. It makes me dislike RW more and more as time goes by.
Ooh, ok. I misunderstood, I thought you were disagreeing with him (S126) and I wasn't sure why.

I agree, it sucks that Ricky is stalling on this.

Where the **** are those papers!! I want him gone and this to be over with. At least tomarrow we can start finning him if he misses camp.

He needs to hurry up, maybe he forgot and assumed that he just has to say it verbally and then take off to another country.

Is there some animosity going on here from Ricky? When he said he was retiring a week before TC I just thought he was being selfish and irresponsible. But now that he is dragging his feet on submitting the documents I have to wonder, is he purposely trying to hurt the Phins?

Back
Top Bottom