This cant be good for the Pats | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This cant be good for the Pats

After reading the Agt. itself last night, some thoughts:

1. It's clear that both sides contemplate Walsh having tapes--there's no doubt about that now;

**** What tapes maybe the same as before .then what happens no one knows for sure. from the text of audio tapes and scott pilloi statement what if they are just audio tapes?.

2. Section 1(a) also contemplates the idea that Walsh may have given materials to others and needs to get that back--Tomasse perhaps, or some third party to back his story up to Tomasse so that the Herald could run the story without fear of being sued? A journalist on the Bills board says that this would not be unheard of, actually;

***** Tomase only reported as a rumour which recanted after 2 weeks saying the rumour was false .so i am very doubtfull that he saw anything to recant the story. He came on TV and refers to the story as the rumour reported by herald and said he does not thing the rumour is true --- SportsNight show . Bizzare he calls his own story false .

3. Under 1(b), and as has been reported elsewhere, it looks like Walsh can talk to third parties about what he's turning over, but there are restrictions on his ability to let others see his lawyer's copy of the materials he gets to keep (at least for a little while--there's another provision saying he needs to turn those materials over to the League at some point);

****You do a book deal to claim crap your are going to be seued.

4. Under section 2 Walsh will be talking to the NFL not just about videotaping, but also about "any other violations" of which he has personal knowledge (audiotaping perhaps? like the fact that the Pats had two extra frequencies on their headsets than the three the NFL allows--gee, I wonder what the other two were for?);

*****Audio tape is illegal so even if NFL picks up the $$$ for lawyer fees he can be procecuted for breaking a law. As far as headsets go the headsets are provided by NFL and NFL technical people work on it. A team is not allowed to mess with this. In case of loss in communication or anyother issue only NFL employee can work on this system. No local team can have non NFL issues communication device for a game on the sidelines.:sidelol:.

5. The possibility of Congressional hearings is contemplated in section 3(a);

*****Wish happens as audio taping becomes a over extension of the patriots act the republican passed .this will be the best out come with election all the republican will jump the minute non magistrate audio taping is brought out as evidence. :sidelol:

6. What to me may be the most important nugget here is also in 3(a), namely the Agt. goes into detail on when Walsh was presumed to be working for the Pats and actions he took will be presumed to be their actions--including taping activities relating to Pats games (the "Covered Videotaping Action" defn.) It then goes on to say that things outside those listed activities (which, to my reading, may arguably not include taping a Rams practice) need to be proved by Walsh to have been Pats actions by a preponderance of the evidence. The fact that this is even in here leads me to even more strongly suspect that on May 13 among the items turned over will be a SB 36 walkthrough tape.

a) NFL did not allow power for camera`s in the stadium on the day of walkthrough.wonder how he used the camera.
b) This after 9/11 was the most like fort knox and i remember every reporter constantly complaining that they had very limited access to every thing and also harassed by national gaurd .Yet a guy with a assitance card who had no business was hanging out and no one even saw / questioned him.

7. I also found thr section on rehabilitating reputations (4(b)) interesting, but am not quite sure what's contemplated by it. It is pretty powerful, however, due to the statement that it trumps the rest of the Agt.

For those of you Pats fans taking comfort from the Pats strong denials--go back and re-read that denial. They say that the "NE Patriots" didn't tape the walkthrough--that will be their argument, it was Walsh as a lone gunman. And the rest of world outside New England will have a good old laugh at that, I suspect, as will the Commissioner (see the article from the AP tonight saying that Goodell has said that a SB tape is a different animal entirely from what they were punished for in the fall). As noted before, in that case, my suspicion is that BB may have coached his last NFL game and the loss of a first round draft pick this year will be made to look like a slap on the wrist.

I originally thought that the announcement of an Agt. yesterday may be to the Pats benefit when I saw the timing of this--i.e., if they're doing all this this week, the week of the draft, then the League thinks Walsh has nothing. But when the fact that they plan to do this in the NFL season "dead zone" of the period between the draft and spring training, I now think just the opposite. The delay here IMHO has been the NFL trying to position what they know to be a smelly problem into a media period when it will do them the least harm.

Mr. NFLFan, weren't you one of the folks saying this would all get buried? Well, perhaps not, huh?

Check my responses.again seems like after 104 days since walsh said "Nothing" we are arguing. I realized one more fun fact the amout on network /internet traffic spend on this. when included with all the database space on the forums around the country would added up to millions ..... weird.

Back
Top Bottom