This cant be good for the Pats | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This cant be good for the Pats

So Spector is attacking the Patriots because he receives campaign donations from Comcast? Who has very little to do with the Eagles?

What?
What is wrong with you? What part of the fact that Spector is using this to attack the NFL did you not understand. And why is he doing it you say.
Because Comcast is in a legal fight with the NFL and Comcast gives Spector millions for his campaign. If you paid just a little more attention you night have been able to understand what is really going on. Spector doesn't really give a rats A$$ about the Patriots it is all about getting the NFL to cave into Comcast about the NFL Network package.

What is wrong with you? What part of the fact that Spector is using this to attack the NFL did you not understand. And why is he doing it you say.
Because Comcast is in a legal fight with the NFL and Comcast gives Spector millions for his campaign. If you paid just a little more attention you night have been able to understand what is really going on. Spector doesn't really give a rats A$$ about the Patriots it is all about getting the NFL to cave into Comcast about the NFL Network package.

I wasn't being obnoxious, i just didn't understand it. Now i see it's an issue of the Comcast-NFL legal battle. I had heard people bury Spector because he's an Eagles fan and was bitter at the Patriots, so when someone tried to connect comcast to spector i assumed they meant because of their minimal connections to the Eagles and his being an Eagles fan.

Now i understand a little more.

I wasn't being obnoxious, i just didn't understand it. Now i see it's an issue of the Comcast-NFL legal battle. I had heard people bury Spector because he's an Eagles fan and was bitter at the Patriots, so when someone tried to connect comcast to spector i assumed they meant because of their minimal connections to the Eagles and his being an Eagles fan.

Now i understand a little more.

Hell must have frozen over huh? :winkwink:

Not exactly

Rather than waste my time reapeating what I've already posted I suggest you go back and actually look at the linlks included with my post.
Specifically "the truth about Arlen Specter" and The "Football Broadcasting Act of 1961" That is the antitrust exemption law that Specter uses to threaten the NFL with. Look at that law and see if you can find where it has been violated.
Read those two articles and then see if your statement about why you shouldn't trust Specter still looks right.

Being fired is one thing but the fact that the guy is also a thief looking for blanket indemnity. Yes he wants to be able to tell his story with absolutely no legal repercussions what so ever even if he lies. We know the Patriots never had any confidentiality agreement with Walsh so why does this guy need the blanket indemnification? What else has this guy done that would require such sweeping protection? Don't any of these things even raise a question in your mind? They sure do mine.

Accused? Well i guess theres another link I posted here you should read. Its a fact not an accusation, he stole someone elses work almost completely word for word. Do a simple google search on Ron Borges plagerism its well known.

You words not mine. I've said that the commisioner should hold Wlsh to a burden of reasonable proof and I stand by that. You can choose to trust who you want but I'm afraid there are no saints involved in this issue.

I'm sorry but what I find weak is that you make these one sentence statements in light of the Links to the stories I've provided in this thread. Everything I posted in this thread is verifable and I did included links to the sources and you insinuate that I am just trying to smear those involved.

It is a fact that no part of the antitrust exemption was violated.
It is a fact that Specters two biggest campaign contributors are Comcast and their legal firm.
It's a fact that both senators and house of reps looks after the hand that feeds them.
If the law he uses as an excuse to involve himself wasn't violated along with no other federal or cival law then he has no business in this matter. It tends to show improper ethics when your A** is tied to a company thats been involved in a well known legal battle with the league. At the very least he should have had another member handle this and stepped aside just because of his apparent appearence of a conflict of interest, any judge would have certainly done that. This all is a kick in the pants to his true intentions and his crediablity and it sure looks dirty.

I quote Itsdahumidity
"If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck......"

I suppose your ducks must be different huh?

Firstoff I used fast one line sentences because there is no point in rexplaining things that have already been hammered over and over.

You seem to be impling that Im uneducated about this situation and am appling some sort of bias double standard towards your team.

In truth the only thing I was doing was pointing out to you that from your perspective we should not trust anyone who says anything bad about your team because all those dogs have fleas but your guys hands are squeaky clean until proven otherwise. It dosnt matter to you how it looks because noone has provided proof but you are fast to discredit accusers without any proof of wrong doing on thier part.

Oh well it really dosnt matter I guess I really dont think you can objectivily look at it considering its your beloved team in the center of it all.

Firstoff I used fast one line sentences because there is no point in rexplaining things that have already been hammered over and over.

You seem to be impling that Im uneducated about this situation and am appling some sort of bias double standard towards your team.

In truth the only thing I was doing was pointing out to you that from your perspective we should not trust anyone who says anything bad about your team because all those dogs have fleas but your guys hands are squeaky clean until proven otherwise. It dosnt matter to you how it looks because noone has provided proof but you are fast to discredit accusers without any proof of wrong doing on thier part.

Oh well it really dosnt matter I guess I really dont think you can objectivily look at it considering its your beloved team in the center of it all.

No I'm not implying you're uneducated and I appologize if my post came off that way to you.

When I post something here I always try and provide links to my sources. After reading your one liners I felt you hadn't looked at a one of those links perhaps you had and just don't believe them, I don't know. I've never said that anyone including Belichick or the Pats were squeaky clean and even though I don't believe the goverment should be involved in this case if the fans feel they truly should be involved then we should at least have someone on that judicary commitee whos not knee deep in conflicts of interest. If Specter is only after the truth then I would think the percieved ideas of conflict of interest would be enough for him to step away and let someone else take this one. That is what any fair and honest judge would do and the man is an attorney after all so why is he so unwilling to even admit that from the outside looking in his involvement definately smells fishy. He's quick to accuse the commisioner of destroying evidence to cover something up when in fact his own involvement, ties to comcast along with his stubborness to have someone else from the senate take over implies he's doing the same thing. If we're after the truth doesn't it make sense to have investigative and judicary people involved that don't have conflicts of interest in the matter?
Would you want a suit filed against you to be heard by a judge who owes his position in part to the plaintiff? I sure wouldn't. Specters involvement is simply unethical in this case and he knows it. Thats why I've said all along you have to follow the money in this and in following the money Specter isn't the man from that commitee that should be involved. If such an injustice occured and if that injustice violated the antitrust exemptions that the league enjoys then where are the other members of that judicary committee in this? Don't those members seem to care? Why is Specter the only one?
In light of the Senators ties to comcast along with his past history to manipulate witnesses testimony to agree with his preconcieved conclusions those are just as good questions as why the commisioner destroyed those tapes. Many here are just hell bent of penalizing the Patriots and they don't really seem to care about the truth as long as it ends in more punishment for Belichick or the franchise.
Investigate all you want just put it into the hands of someone with an ounce of integrity

We all know this ain't going away until we hear what Walsh has to say, no matter how long that may take.....

We all know this ain't going away until we hear what Walsh has to say, no matter how long that may take.....

I don't know Matt it seems the competition commitee, owners and the league have already moved on. Even the single bullet senator has disappeared. Maybe its time you contacted Michael Moore perhaps he can make another of his rediculou documentaries all about videogate. :up:

This definitely seems to be a heated argument in the AFC East. I will say however, that if Pats fans think that the luster of their team was only lost within their division, that is wrong. They are viewed a lot more poorly all across the league. It doesn't matter if it is true or not. That blemish is there regardless. Thats what happens when you get caught with a camera on the sidelines. It opens up a whole lot of doors and assumptions. It doesn't matter how many are true, if any are true. The reputation is damaged. Still, seeing fans throw insults at each other won't resolve the situation any. I say let Walsh come forward. If he truly has nothing of significance, then the NE organization shouldn't be sweating. If the Pats are trying desperately to keep walsh from coming forward, then that will say they did something louder than anything else until a tape is produced. I say let dogs lie till Walsh is allowed to speak. Seriously, if they are getting this much flak just with the AFCE, whats its gonna be like when the rest of the league jumps in if that tape turns out to be real.

This definitely seems to be a heated argument in the AFC East. I will say however, that if Pats fans think that the luster of their team was only lost within their division, that is wrong. They are viewed a lot more poorly all across the league. It doesn't matter if it is true or not. That blemish is there regardless. Thats what happens when you get caught with a camera on the sidelines. It opens up a whole lot of doors and assumptions. It doesn't matter how many are true, if any are true. The reputation is damaged. Still, seeing fans throw insults at each other won't resolve the situation any. I say let Walsh come forward. If he truly has nothing of significance, then the NE organization shouldn't be sweating. If the Pats are trying desperately to keep walsh from coming forward, then that will say they did something louder than anything else until a tape is produced. I say let dogs lie till Walsh is allowed to speak. Seriously, if they are getting this much flak just with the AFCE, whats its gonna be like when the rest of the league jumps in if that tape turns out to be real.

We haven't even established if there even is a walk thru tape let alone weather its real. To date neither Walsh or his lawyer are on record as stating he specifically has a Rams walk thru tape. So far the Boston Hearld is the only paper on record stating Walsh has a tape of a Rams pre SB walk thru but the Hearld writer reported his information was from an anonymous source. I doesn't seem to me that the league is too interested in working out a deal with Walsh and that makes me wonder that perhaps he doesn't have squat. I'd have to think that through negotiations between lawyers the league would want to know specifically what the evidence consisted of even if it was off the record before they offer to cover all the guys legal expenses.

We haven't even established if there even is a walk thru tape let alone weather its real. To date neither Walsh or his lawyer are on record as stating he specifically has a Rams walk thru tape. So far the Boston Hearld is the only paper on record stating Walsh has a tape of a Rams pre SB walk thru but the Hearld writer reported his information was from an anonymous source. I doesn't seem to me that the league is too interested in working out a deal with Walsh and that makes me wonder that perhaps he doesn't have squat. I'd have to think that through negotiations between lawyers the league would want to know specifically what the evidence consisted of even if it was off the record before they offer to cover all the guys legal expenses.

No, quite the contrary. As Specter said a couple of weeks ago, what it means is that the League wants to sweep this under the rug even further. He challenged the League to make available its corresp with Walsh which he said pretty much showed the League really doesn't want Walsh to come forward. At that same time he also made a cryptic statement that implied there is strong evidence a tape does exist. Still, no one will know for sure until Walsh speaks. Hopefully that will happen soon. As the Cowboy dude said, if the Pats have nothing to hide here, why not let Walsh speak? What are you all so afraid of? I mean, if you want your reputation back, we need to hear from Walsh on what he has or doesn't have, plain and simple. Anything less and that cloud remains.....

FWIW, here's an article re: the Specter interview on Rush Limbaugh--

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/03/21/specter-to-limbaugh-there-was-filming/

Like I said Matt perhaps its time you called Michael Moore. He and Specter can make a documentary together.

Back
Top Bottom